Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if you move/change a device room/floor will the event change with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you move/change a device room/floor will the event change with it?

if I re-organize my devices to different rooms and floors or rename the groups etc... will I have to go back and change my events that are controlling those devices?

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
    will I have to go back and change my events that are controlling those devices?
    Yes you will.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Yes you will.
      how annoying is that!

Comment

Yes you will.
        What? Are you serious? I have changed mine devices location1 and location2 numerous times while organizing and never had to go back and change events...

I just tried changing the Floor/Room on a device in an event as a test and did not have any issues. I refreshed the event list page before I started looking at the event after making the change and all appeared ok to me.

Can anyone else confirm...
        Billy

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
          how annoying is that!
          I'm not sure Rupp understood your questions. You can change either location and/or rename a device without needing to change events. Events are tied to the device reference ID, the names and locations do not matter. The event management page will need to be refreshed to show the new names and/or locations, but the events will still reference the same devices (with the new names and/or locations.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
            What? Are you serious? I have changed mine devices location1 and location2 numerous times while organizing and never had to go back and change events...

I just tried changing the Floor/Room on a device in an event as a test and did not have any issues. I refreshed the event list page before I started looking at the event after making the change and all appeared ok to me.

I don't think Greg understood the question - or- I didn't. Names and locations have no bearing on events. You can change them 'til the cows come home and the events will still work.

Comment

That's a relief, just getting started, so I'm just doing levels and rooms but as I'm diving deeper, I know I'm going to have to clean this thing up eventually as it's getting out of control.

Thanks guys!

Comment

I thought changing groups would cause and issue as there was once an issue with this but this appears to be fixed in the later versions of HS3.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I thought changing groups would cause and issue as there was once an issue with this but this appears to be fixed in the later versions of HS3.
                  If you are referring to event groups, they move or rename just fine now. The problem you are thinking of was fixed at about the same time as the bug that corrupted events when copying. That might have been in 2014 or early 2015 when they were fixed.
                  Last edited by randy; November 21, 2017, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post

No, you're fine. The only time Events will need to be changed is if the Device's ID is changed. Not sure what Rupp is thinking of.
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      I don't think Greg understood the question - or- I didn't. Names and locations have no bearing on events. You can change them 'til the cows come home and the events will still work.
                      Understand, since the OP did not mention removing the device, I did not even think that way. Unfortunately I am a bit OCD and always seem to be in some form of reorganization. I remember when this use to be a problem but thought I remembered it was corrected several years ago. Glad you were able to confirm the same. thanks Randy.

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                      No, you're fine. The only time Events will need to be changed is if the Device's ID is changed. Not sure what Rupp is thinking of.
                      Good deal thanks for confirming.
                      Billy

Comment

Working...
                      X