X10 RF devices - motion sensors and door/window sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am working on getting my X10 RF devices connected to HS3. I have the W800-32USB and the BLRF plugin. They are installed and working. I have most of the DS10 door/window sensors configured and they are working as expected. However, I am having issues with X10 motion sensors (MS16a); they are not triggering events. I think it is related to the configuration of the X10 settings in the BLRF plugin. I have "power line retransmit" turned ON for all the X10 device house codes that I use. So the X10 signals from the X10 motion sensors should be appearing on the power line. But I don't think that it is happening.

In thinking about this, I don't understand how the RF signals from the the W800 get rerouted to the power line? My W800 is not connected to the power line; it is powered via the USB port.

What am I missing here?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Hi Steve,

"power line retransmit" is used if you have powerline based X-10 devices that you want to be directly controlled by the motion sensors. If you don't have an X-10 powerline interface along with X-10 powerline devices along with the X-10 or CM15 plugin, that should be disabled. Do you see the motion sensors' activity in the HS log?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Steve,

I'm not sure why you want your RF X-10 to appear on the power lines. Is there an advantage to this? I've always use my RF X-10 to be received by my W800 then let HS direct an X-10 command to the power line based on my specific condition. I haven't moved to HS3 and am using ACRF-2 plugin, but would suspect that BLRF to be the same. That will be my go to plugin for this type of thing...

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Do you have power line X10 devices, the X10 plug-in, and a power line interface for X10? If you do, then I would assume that HS is mediating the transfer of the signal to your power line interface. If you don't, then I don't think there is any way to get the signal onto the power line.

FWIW, I avoid re-transmitting my wireless X10 signals onto the power line. I think it just adds to congestion and increases the likelihood of a collision.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          Steve,

I'm not sure why you want your RF X-10 to appear on the power lines. Is there an advantage to this? I've always use my RF X-10 to be received by my W800 then let HS direct an X-10 command to the power line based on my specific condition. I haven't moved to HS3 and am using ACRF-2 plugin, but would suspect that BLRF to be the same. That will be my go to plugin for this type of thing...

Robert
          Hi Robert,

If you also need the RFXCom plugin (based on your signature), the HS3 version of RFXCom also support the W800.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yes... Thanks Al I knew that. I'll look closer when I'm ready. I do remember that the ACRF2 was better at receiving the 310 MHz signal since RFXcom filtered the signal more or made use of the tuned circuit properties more... not exactly sure. I'm not sure what the advantage of RFXCom over BLRF is really and need to evaluate that more as I get closer to my move.

Rob
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Yes, I have X10 modules on the power line and yes I have a CM15a on HS3. I am pretty much trying to replicate my HS2 - W800 + ACRF2 + TI103 setup. It has been essentially flawless for 5 years. I'm trying to figure out why the HS3 setup is not behaving like the HS2 setup. With ACRF-w800-TI103, my X10 commands from my motion sensors will directly control either x10 modules or trigger events via X10 received.

I am not seeing this with HS3-W800-BLRF-CM15a. I can ultimately use the TI103 on HS3 but I have hundreds of X10 HS2 events that will not be working when I remove the TI103.

As soon as the snow arrives, I will pull the plug on HS2. I would like to be prepared.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Steve Q; November 5, 2015, 07:29 PM.
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                I'm trying to figure out why the HS3 setup is not behaving like the HS2 setup. With ACRF-w800-TI103, my X10 commands from my motion sensors will directly control either x10 modules or trigger events via X10 received. I am not seeing this with HS3-W800-BLRF-CM15a.
                The first thing that comes to mind is CAPI.

Have you created an explicit X10 device for each of your X10 RF modules?

I suspect that for HS3 to send an X10 command you need more than the X10 address. You may need to have a corresponding transmitter that HS3 identifies with the X10 plug-in. I'm only speculating at this point, because you are a bit ahead of me in your transition, but my understanding is that CAPI requires a device with the correct properties to be defined.

It might be useful to ask the question on Blade's BLRF forum. Presumably he knows how the re-transmit of X10 to the power line is supposed to work, but there might have been changes to HS3 internal workings since he wrote the plug-in.
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I have one X10 motion sensor and one light sensor. Neither one control anything directly over power line. I have the WFT800 and TI103 setup and use BLRF. I have always had Power Line Retransmit enabled for these devices. After reading the above posts, I tried it with PLR off. Nothing in log and events did not fire, so PLR must be ON for the X10 signals to get into HS3 and trigger events.

Comment

so I too have been plagued with this.. I got busy again and didnt get back to it..

Also I have a C5 on received by BLRF twice every second.. so somewhere I either have a motion sensor (ms13a with dark sensor) sitting in a drawer and C5 is dark and is on..... but that is my problem..

but what I have noticed is very interesting (good interesting) with HS3 and X10.
                    X10 doesnt seem to like a device if you do not add it into HS.

I have a motion sensor in my powder room and it is P15/P16 (Motion/dark)...
                    and I couldnt get HS3 to work right... it was sometimes tripping motion, sometimes not....

my fix for this was weird that a simple disable/uninstall plugin - reinstall plugin fixed it....
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Thanks, telefragger. Your suggestion pointed me in the right direction.

For whatever reason, my X10 motion sensors were not properly added to HS3. I added them several months ago and apparently my CM15a plugin was turned off when I was adding them. So I deleted the old ones and re-added new X10 motion sensors. Now things are working as they should.

As you said, all X10 devices must be added to HS3 in order for their x10 device code to be recognized.

I think the ACRF plugin for HS2 will pass through any X10 codes it receives.

Thanks for the help.

Steve Q

Comment

Thanks, telefragger. Your suggestion pointed me in the right direction.

For whatever reason, my X10 motion sensors were not properly added to HS3. I added them several months ago and apparently my CM15a plugin was turned off when I was adding them. So I deleted the old ones and re-added new X10 motion sensors. Now things are working as they should.

As you said, all X10 devices must be added to HS3 in order for their x10 device code to be recognized.

I think the ACRF plugin for HS2 will pass through any X10 codes it receives.

Thanks for the help.

Steve Q

Glad I was able to finally help someone

glad you are good to go.. I am getting really mad... doesn't happen often as I like a challenge.. but grabin a brew right now... chill my nerves and sit back...

I am plagued... and cant flippin for the life of me get any more info from C5 on... I added it as a device.. and still nada... would be nice to get some info in HS logs more than C5 on... so that way I can see if it is motion or whatever but don't think I am going to be able to.
                        I even sat in 1 room told everyone to stay still... and I walked around... I have no clue...

my next thought is I created a C4 and C6 device... was hoping C5 motion and C6 is dark sensor... or c5 is dark sensor and if I turn C4 on.. maybe I don't know... grrrrrr

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I'm working on a few events triggered by x10 motion sensors. I can't get them to work. I think it is my CM15a interface but I can't be sure, nothing happens, no errors, no log messages, nothing.

I will try some events with my TI103 x10 interface. Does anyone have events triggered by x10 using W800/BLRF working?

Steve Q

Comment

I will try some events with my TI103 x10 interface. Does anyone have events triggered by x10 using W800/BLRF working?

Steve Q

i will try and set mine up tonight.. garage is concord door sensor but uses a ms13a motion to control lights on... and off

Comment

Working...
                            X