Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Communication error wind sensor

Hi!
    I have an Oregon WMR928NX weather station which have worked flawlessly so far with the RFXTRX-433. A couple of days ago, the wind sensor status in HS started reporting "communication error". I turned on the debug-flag in the plugin, and I cannot see any data from the wind sensor.
    The weather station also has a wireless standalone display, and this is still showing current wind speed and direction.
    I run the 30.0.0.36 version of the plugin, and have done so for some weeks.

Any idea what is causing this problem?

You might try downloading the RFX Manager and run it. It will show the stream of data received from your devices. Download it to your HS machine and be sure to down the RFXCOM plugin, before trying to connect with the manager program.
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Well, I have tried the RFX manger. I filtered out only Oregon sensors, and the only thing visible is data from the rain sensor, temp/hum sensor and the temp/hum/baro sensor. Nothing at all from the wind sensor.

Still I can look at the main display for my weather station and see both the bearing and speed change all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by sigbjorn View Post
        Well, I have tried the RFX manger. I filtered out only Oregon sensors, and the only thing visible is data from the rain sensor, temp/hum sensor and the temp/hum/baro sensor. Nothing at all from the wind sensor.

Still I can look at the main display for my weather station and see both the bearing and speed change all the time.
        Have you tried moving the Rfxtrx closer to the weatherstation ? I had similar problems, and since bought a second Rfxtrx which sits closer to the weatherstation and that has resolved the issues for me. Might be worth just temporarily moving it closer to see if you get a feed.

Comment

Working...
        X