Trouble with .113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with .113

With some suggestions from Rich and Rupp I had a Schlage light module and 2 HSM100's working perfectly on 2.3.19. I want to add a Schlage lock; so I upgraded to .113 and nothing except the lamp module works anymore. I have tried to add the lock and it appears to add, but it neither reports to Homeseer nor does it accept commands from Homeseer (the lock works locally okay, and it communicates with Homeseer when it is added to the network). Should it optimize without waking it up? I assume (based on an earlier description of the 'beaming' technology, it should. but it is reported as not responding when I try to optimize the network.

And the HSM's are back into the mode of not sending any reports. I have deleted and added them several times, and removed the batteries (as Rupp recommended) to no avail. Same with the lock.

One thought about the lock---the one I needed was backorderd so I bought it elsewhere (Worthington) --- is there a possibility of a firmware problem? Does this look right?

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:31 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>**********</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:31 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>********** Adding Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 6 Type NODE_TYPE_ENTRY_CONTROL=40H **********</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:31 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>**********</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:31 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Contacting node 6 to get supported features</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:31 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Security device (Node 6) successfully added.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:31 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Node 6 Supported Secure Classes=COMMAND_CLASS_DOOR_LOCK, COMMAND_CLASS_USER_CODE, COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY, COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM, COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION, COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:31 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Attempting to get manufacturer ID from device 6...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:31 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 59=3BH (Schlage), Type: 25419=634BH, ID: 20548=5044H</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:33 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Adding associations to HomeSeer for Schlage cKPD REQUIRED for proper operation...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:34 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Schlage cKPD association to HomeSeer at Group 2 result: Association set successfully</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:34 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Schlage cKPD association to HomeSeer at Group 1 result: Association set successfully</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:34 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Contacting node 6 to get supported features</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:34 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Device: Z-Wave Interface (Node 6) supports class(es): COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION, COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL, COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:34 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Attempting to get manufacturer ID from device 6...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:34 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 59=3BH (Schlage), Type: 25419=634BH, ID: 20548=5044H</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:34 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Schlage Lock Product = cKPD</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:34 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Schlage Lock Version = 2.10</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:34 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Z-Wave device 6 version: Lib: 2.64 App: 42.37</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:35 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Device supports 2 groups for associations</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:35 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Enabling Lock and System status for Schlage device Z-Wave Interface (6)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/23/2009 7:34:35 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Z-Wave </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>********** Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 6 **********</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/23</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I don't have to manually wake up the schlage to optimize or query. For example, if I poll the schlage batter & lock I get a status without having to manually wakeup the locks.

The firmware could be the problem as I seem to remember Mark or Rich saying that the locks, modules, etc. had to have the latest firmware.

[QUOTE=pete@malibubeach.com;879436]With some suggestions from Rich and Rupp I had a Schlage light module and 2 HSM100's working perfectly on 2.3.19. I want to add a Schlage lock; so I upgraded to .113 and nothing except the lamp module works anymore. I have tried to add the lock and it appears to add, but it neither reports to Homeseer nor does it accept commands from Homeseer (the lock works locally okay, and it communicates with Homeseer when it is added to the network). Should it optimize without waking it up? I assume (based on an earlier description of the 'beaming' technology, it should. but it is reported as not responding when I try to optimize the network.

And the HSM's are back into the mode of not sending any reports. I have deleted and added them several times, and removed the batteries (as Rupp recommended) to no avail. Same with the lock.

One thought about the lock---the one I needed was backorderd so I bought it elsewhere (Worthington) --- is there a possibility of a firmware problem? Does this look right?

Comment

Now both HSM's work BUT, the device string is not updated. the device value appears to be correct, but the string is never updated, and I am not getting the log messages I used to get each time one of the sensor values updates --- if I track device value and device string on HSTouch, the two are different for both devices and for both the temperature and luminosity. So if I just look at the Homeseer status page, I see the devvice string that was set once and is never updated.

Ever seen that kind of behavior?

Pete

Comment

Hello Pete,

Can you describe the steps you went through to add your lock? For some reason, my SmartStick doesn't see it, and I've updated the Firmware to the latest version (that supports the lock).

For example, I try to Add a Device and get the little pop-up window that says press the button on your device, but since there really isn't a wake up button on the lock, I push the little oval Schlage button and that lights up. I assume that is the same thing!

Best regards,

Todd
        -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Hi Todd,

Try page 6 of this document for enrollment.

http://www.part2.schlage.com/docs/li...em_setup-a.pdf

You basically use the 6 digit code with a couple of extra steps like the schlage and the 0 key.

On HS you do a normal add. Just don't get in a hurry as once it starts adding it takes a while to tranfer all the info between the locks and HS. Maybe 5 min..

Good luck....Sonny

Comment

Working...
          X