Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaker host connection refused from User: default - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker host connection refused from User: default - Solved!

I started getting this error today

Nov-12 11:13:08 PM Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.

Where do I fix this? I entered another username in the speaker client and the second error stopped but this one is left and I do not see where to update. The error message happens every 30 seconds.

I do have an Admin username and password in the Homeseer speaker client under options > general (that stops one of the error messages but not the other one asking for "default" user which I now believe is tied to speech recognition but there is no place to enter another username & password).

I have noticed that when I enable the "No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)" option under settings > network tab then the error message stops and the following is logged:

Nov-13 1:18:29 AM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: SmartHomePC Instance: Default IP address: 127.0.0.1
    Nov-13 1:18:29 AM ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped

I would like to require login for the Local/Same Network otherwise connections default to the Admin Local user instead of letting another use user login using their profile.

Comment

I figured it out with some help from this thread about HS2 and what Rupp posted.

It's funny how I spent about an hour searching the forum before posting this thread and reading so many threads but then saw the box for similar threads at the bottom with my last post. BANG! It's like being hit with a stupid stick...

Anyway, the answer is: The speaker client requires a username of 'default' and the password 'default' with Admin + Local user rights for the speech recognition in addition to the login you specify for the speaker client. If it is not showing on your Network tab in settings then you need to add it.

Comment

Working...
      X