Light strip plus color temp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light strip plus color temp.

I just installed a Hue Light Strip plus, which allows you to set the white color temperature. However, the plugin doesn't give me a color temperature device for this light strip like it does my normal hue bulbs.

Can this be added?

Sirmeili,
    Can you check how the lightstrip is registered by the plugin? In the properties page on the root device, click on the JowiHue tab and check the modelid? It should report the LST002 according to my docyuments. If it is different, it would explain missing the CT device.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim,

That is in fact the model number, but it's missing the CT device (or maybe it's not grouped with it?)

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I thought I subscribed to this thread, but never got an alert. Subscribed now

Edit: It says unreachable right now because I'm using this for my TVs bias lighting and I currently have the tv removed so that I can mount it on the wall
      Attached Files

Comment

Sirmeili,

I have found the issue. In the next version the plugin should create the CT device. The device should be created as soon you start the plugin, no need to re-add the device.

It will be a while though before this new version will be there I think, still working on some stuff here.

Thanks!
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Sirmeili,

I have found the issue. In the next version the plugin should create the CT device. The device should be created as soon you start the plugin, no need to re-add the device.

It will be a while though before this new version will be there I think, still working on some stuff here.

Thanks!
          No problem on the wait. I understand. I'll just hold off on doing the automations on that light

Comment

Frank,

The new update is now in the updater. CT device should be created for the lightstrip plus again.

Thanks for the patience

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              Frank,

The new update is now in the updater. CT device should be created for the lightstrip plus again.

Thanks for the patience

Wim
              Awesome news! Thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately, I shut down JowiHue, updated it and restarted it and still no CT device.

So I filterd on device type and found it it's just not grouped with the other devices for that light strip I think I can fix that though with Jon00's grouping plugin

Edit, nevermind... it is not grouped...maybe I wasn't patient enough...LOL

Comment

Frank,

I notice that every now and then too. Initially it seems tha HS is not recognising the grouping. After a bit, it is grouped. Just let me know if it does not group after a while still?

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

Since the update, I now get this:

Warning: JowiHue Plugin is not yet in ready state. Activating scene Master Bed - Night is skipped

Warning: JowiHue Plugin is not yet in ready state. Activating scene Boys room - night is skipped

And I have a ton of these:

Error: (InitPlugin):Conversion from string "Dimmable light" to type 'Boolean' is not valid.

I think this is killing all my hue integrations which includes turning on my front porch lights when the motion sensor triggers

Comment

Frank,

That is not supposed to happen. Is it possible for you to send me a deep trace from starting the plugin until the conversion error?

To do this, follow these steps:
                      1. go to the configuration page of the plugin and enable logging to file and deep trace.
                      2. stop the plugin and start it again.
                      3. Let it run for a while until you have seen all the errors occur in the HS3 log
                      4. go to the configuration page en disable logging to file and deep trace
                      5. send me the jowihue log files (in the logs subdirectory of the HS3 installation). Mail address is w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl

After that you might want to return to the old version. You will find it in the updates3 subfolder of HS3.
                      1. stop the plugin
                      2. Copy the HSPI_JowiHue.exe from the updates3\JowiHue1.1.2.9 folder over the current one in the installation directory
                      3. restart the plugin, no need to perform other actions

Hoping to fix this soon...

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Email sent

Comment

I have found the issue and a new updte has been send to HST to publish (JowiHue 1.1.3.1)

Thanks!

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                          X