Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spurious signals...

Attached Files

I suppose it is a sensor that transmits wrong data.
    The plug-in does not have a problem, it only translates the received data.

Remove the battery from the wrong sensor and check if the problem still exists.
    If no false data received it is this sensor. If still false data received it must be another sensor.

Comment

Solved.. in a real "Duh" moment, but...

Thanks much for the response Bert, I believe I did find my problem, late yesterday afternoon. It turns out, ALL the events for my DS10s (and MS14 motion detectors) were/are set to trigger when "This device had its value set to..." instead of "This device changes and becomes..." (see image below). I am not sure why I ever set them that way (getting old, bad memory), but I did.

IMAGE:

I suppose it is a sensor that transmits wrong data.
      The plug-in does not have a problem, it only translates the received data.
      Yes, I believe the plugin is operating correctly. Mature product with lots of users. Logically, one would/should want their event to trigger only when the value changes. But, in my mind the question that remains unanswered is "Why now". The DS10 events have been set incorrectly ever since I moved from ACRF2 on HS2 to RFXCOM on HS3 (over a year ago). These random triggers only recently started occurring. In understanding events, it raises the question "what triggers an event". As shown in the RFXCOM debug log, the same sensor signal is received by multiple receivers and multiple times. Yet the event is only being triggered once. So, there is some (very good) multiple signal detection logic in the plugin. THEN, over a random period of time, something caused the event to tripped again even though the value did not change. If all DS10 sensors do that, they would have to be programmed to repeat its state periodically, but why a "random" period, instead of fixed time and why did it start recently?

I currently have MS14 motion detector in my hall that turns on a light. Sometime ago, I noticed a group of successive event triggers to turn the light on. No big deal, but I did set the "Do Not Log" checkbox to reduce log entries. However it does still produce the repeats, turning the light on:

2/18/2018 10:05:55 PM,Device Control,Device: First Floor Office Bevo Light to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      2/18/2018 10:05:55 PM,Device Control,Device: First Floor Office Bevo Light to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      2/18/2018 10:06:05 PM,Device Control,Device: First Floor Office Bevo Light to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      2/18/2018 10:06:18 PM,Device Control,Device: First Floor Office Bevo Light to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      2/18/2018 10:06:24 PM,Device Control,Device: First Floor Office Bevo Light to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      2/18/2018 10:06:31 PM,Device Control,Device: First Floor Office Bevo Light to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Six on's in less than a minute, so I guess the MS14s are still picking up motion, and still sending a signal, and the plugin is tripping the event each time? No multiple signal detection for motion detectors? I guess I will have to set the "Cannot Re-Run for:" checkbox.

Thanks
      Gary

Comment

Working...
      X