Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pcp, i gave the new beta a try and was testing out TTS. If HS sends TTS, all happens pretty quickly, the SB's turn on, message is heard. However, it takes a good 60 seconds for the SB's to power off. During this time, any additional TTS is put in the speech queue. Once the SB powers off after 60 seconds, it powers back on and the next TTS is played. So on and soforth. This is a pretty big lag between announcements. Is there something I may have set wrong that is causing this?

UPDATE: I figured it out. I had the SB's sync'd. Unsynchronizing seem to have fixed the issue.
    Last edited by heatvent; May 28, 2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I am having a play with the beta of the squeezebox plugin and have noted a few strange things that keep coming up. Id appreciate some tips on how to prevent these from happening if there is a likely configuration issue, or otherwise just letting you know might help in getting these problems fixed up.

The first issue relates to the state of individual players, in my setup I have a total of seven (7) players, five (5) of these are Jogglers running Squeezeplay OS whilst the other two are PC based squeezelite clients. Anyway when i am using the clients and I pause the music on a specific client, when TTS comes through the client ends up being unpaused following TTS, which in turn starts the music playing through the client when initially it was paused. I am not sure if this is a config issue, otherwise it might almost even need a check to see if the client is paused, to tell it to run TTS, then revert to the paused state rather than resuming playing which was not running prior to TTS (but may just be my system).

The second issue i noted was relating to playlists and TTS, in my setup when I was playing an album and TTS was sent to all of the clients, i noticed that rather than playing the TTS it was added to the end of the playlist, rather than stopping the music playing, speaking the TTS then returning to whatever the condition was the player was in prior to TTS (e.g. going back to play mode if it was playing).

My actual config has the Speaker Proxy enabled with the Primary Speaker Proxy Enabled in Normal Mode, I run SAPI TTS with sending MP3 to the clients. I don't use the Speaker Client to pass music through (but do use it on the machine for another output).

Let me know if you need anything else in helping look into these issues. A fantastic plugin and It is great to be able to use it in my house to improve my WAF. I actually have a number of virtual devices for each player, when this is turned on it then sets the respective player speak volume to 100%, or if it is turned off it sets it to 0%, this way i can control which rooms to speak to dynamically (especially important so i don't wake up newborn!!)
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
        I am having a play with the beta of the squeezebox plugin and have noted a few strange things that keep coming up. Id appreciate some tips on how to prevent these from happening if there is a likely configuration issue, or otherwise just letting you know might help in getting these problems fixed up.

The first issue relates to the state of individual players, in my setup I have a total of seven (7) players, five (5) of these are Jogglers running Squeezeplay OS whilst the other two are PC based squeezelite clients. Anyway when i am using the clients and I pause the music on a specific client, when TTS comes through the client ends up being unpaused following TTS, which in turn starts the music playing through the client when initially it was paused. I am not sure if this is a config issue, otherwise it might almost even need a check to see if the client is paused, to tell it to run TTS, then revert to the paused state rather than resuming playing which was not running prior to TTS (but may just be my system).

The second issue i noted was relating to playlists and TTS, in my setup when I was playing an album and TTS was sent to all of the clients, i noticed that rather than playing the TTS it was added to the end of the playlist, rather than stopping the music playing, speaking the TTS then returning to whatever the condition was the player was in prior to TTS (e.g. going back to play mode if it was playing).
        Thank you for your feedback. Regarding the first one I need to look into it. Before playing any TTS, the plugin caches the player configuration and restores it afterwards. Something must not be right for software players.

For the second one, I need to look into it as well, but could be a bit more complex and reproduce it.

Comment

Thanks for taking a look, the clients are all software clients, including Squeezelite (Windows) as well as Squeezeplay (Windows)
          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

travisdh, I tried to reproduce the problem with SqueezePlay and the latest Beta. I tried different configurations with the player paused or stopped. In all cases the player played the TTS and then stopped and did not play any song in the current playlist. One issue I did see is that if the layer is paused (let's say 1min in the song) it did not return to the pause state within the duration in the song but rather stopped at the beginning of the song that was current in the playlist. I look into this.

Comment

travisdh, check beta 2.3.0.4 that I just posted. It restores the time of a song to what it was prior to the TTS announcement including when the player was paused. Due to latencies it could be that the current song played prior the TTS announcement is played for a second or less. This is due to an issue with LMS players where I cannot pause it before it takes the restored time in a track, i.e. only after some latency. Give it a try.

Comment

pcp, any luck looking into the delay in TTS when players are sync'd?

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                  pcp, any luck looking into the delay in TTS when players are sync'd?
                  Yes I did and sorry forgot to send an update. What I found is that it depends how you configure the player synchronization and for which player you set speak volume to a non zero value . Below are examples from my testing:

A) Delay after speaking
                  • Player A is the primary player
                  • Player B is synchronized with Player B. I went to LMS setting web page of Player B and selected to Synchronize with player A
                  • Speak volume for player A is 0
                  • Speak volume for player B is 50 (i.e. not zero)
                  • After the TTS is done speaking the previously played is not immediately returned, only after some delay

B) No delay after speaking
                  • Configuration as above but with the following differences
                  • Speak volume for player A is 50 (i.e. not zero)
                  • Speak volume for player B is 0
                  • After the TTS is done the previously track is restored immediately

I am not sure yet if I can implement a solution, but anyway this is what I found when I looked into it earlier in the week.

Comment

This version is now available in the updater.

Comment

Working...
                    X