This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 RF

Mark is there a way to stop the X10 part of the plugin from grabbing my x10 RF ?? The example below has been an X10 RF device for days today it stops working and for some unknown reason today it became a Insteon X10 devices.. The RF receiver is a W800+ tried to the RFXCOM plugin the plugin still reads the x10 RF devices yet does no longer updates the UI.. I did put another example but the plugin today created copy devices with the same address yet insteon X10 devices.. The other issue is I make a new X10 RF device as some as I same it it becomes a Insteon X10 Device,, so I have to copy an already working RF X10 Devices which I don't have a problem with,, But as you can see if the plugin is changing them it makes it useless.. I'm betting it's not an issue with the plugin,, I'm betting the issue is with HS3 !!
    HS3 has been so much fun and so unreliable that I can't wait to see HS4 !! Sorry for being a little cynical yet my HS2 system which took some time to get running (Maybe 3 months and several updates it's been running for I don't even know for many years,, it randomly reboots yet we don't even know it.) ,, it works so good I've not had to log into it in years.. HS3 on the other hand well ,, Lets just say I've put way more yearly hours into getting HS3 to work and be reliable than any company I've ever worked for and I been known to crank the overtime if needed !! Sorry for the rant and wine..
    In hoping it's an easy cure.. I thinking maybe like RFXCOM you maybe if need be make it so you can select (or deselect) X10 address blocks,, Like allow "A" would let the plugin decode address block A1-A16.. I wish I knew if, when and which one HS3 or your plugin it started with.. By the way your plug is way up there ,, As long as I've been using it (Many, many years.) I don't think I've have had to message you a couple (3 time may be pushing it..) times and always getting a cure or an answer.. They should have a plugin rating system like ebay does..

TIA
    Dave

One's got to love it when one's support channel is worse than the software... I've tried drag and drop , pasting,, I can't seem to to find an attach button , dropdown , box or whatever to add the snip so you can see what I'm talking about.. and just to give HS the benefit ,, it could be me on this end once again I have proving you can't fix software with software,, (writing this from the DMZ computer) after running a SRT my chrome no longer say's Chrome on the top it's just blank and a couple of WEB sites have been odd.. Let me know if you need the snip to see what I'm taking about..

Dave,

I'll check the code to make sure the plugin isn't processing inbound x10 msgs that the plugin doesn't own (my guess is it is). I think you are my first user to use two different x10 plugins on the same installation. Please make sure the hs device property Interface equals the plugin that you expect to be processing these msgs.

you have to go to Advanced Edit Mode to attach files or images. i prefer a copy and paste of the hs log directly into the body of the msg.

You can post a review of the plugin and rate it on the homeseer store:
    https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...lug-in-for-hs3
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
      I can't seem to to find an attach button , dropdown , box or whatever to add the snip
      Just above the box where you enter text for a post there should be a couple of rows of icons. The 'paper clip' will open a popup to upload a picture or file. There is also a box below the text entry area with a button for attachments.
      Attached Files
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        Just above the box where you enter text for a post there should be a couple of rows of icons. The 'paper clip' will open a popup to upload a picture or file. There is also a box below the text entry area with a button for attachments.
        As I stated about a System Repair Tool ,, Trashed Chrome.. I can confirm that at least ,, when I use firefox it (The Forum) looks like it should.. yet Chrome it's like it's stripped.. Great !!

Comment

Mark is there a way to stop the X10 part of the plugin from grabbing my x10 RF ?? The example below has been an X10 RF device for days today it stops working and for some unknown reason today it became a Insteon X10 devices.. The RF receiver is a W800+ tried to the RFXCOM plugin the plugin still reads the x10 RF devices yet does no longer updates the UI.. I did put another example but the plugin today created copy devices with the same address yet insteon X10 devices.. The other issue is I make a new X10 RF device as some as I same it it becomes a Insteon X10 Device,, so I have to copy an already working RF X10 Devices which I don't have a problem with,, But as you can see if the plugin is changing them it makes it useless.. I'm betting it's not an issue with the plugin,, I'm betting the issue is with HS3 !!
          HS3 has been so much fun and so unreliable that I can't wait to see HS4 !! Sorry for being a little cynical yet my HS2 system which took some time to get running (Maybe 3 months and several updates it's been running for I don't even know for many years,, it randomly reboots yet we don't even know it.) ,, it works so good I've not had to log into it in years.. HS3 on the other hand well ,, Lets just say I've put way more yearly hours into getting HS3 to work and be reliable than any company I've ever worked for and I been known to crank the overtime if needed !! Sorry for the rant and wine..
          In hoping it's an easy cure.. I thinking maybe like RFXCOM you maybe if need be make it so you can select (or deselect) X10 address blocks,, Like allow "A" would let the plugin decode address block A1-A16.. I wish I knew if, when and which one HS3 or your plugin it started with.. By the way your plug is way up there ,, As long as I've been using it (Many, many years.) I don't think I've have had to message you a couple (3 time may be pushing it..) times and always getting a cure or an answer.. They should have a plugin rating system like ebay does..

TIA
          Dave

One's got to love it when one's support channel is worse than the software... I've tried drag and drop , pasting,, I can't seem to to find an attach button , dropdown , box or whatever to add the snip so you can see what I'm talking about.. and just to give HS the benefit ,, it could be me on this end once again I have proving you can't fix software with software,, (writing this from the DMZ computer) after running a SRT my chrome no longer say's Chrome on the top it's just blank and a couple of WEB sites have been odd.. Let me know if you need the snip to see what I'm taking about..
          Dave,
          I posted 3.0.6.29 in the beta section of the updater. I added code so the plugin wouldn't process x10 cmds that aren't owned by the plugin.

please give it a try. enable detailed logging while testing so you can post a log snippet if you see the plugin doing something unexpected.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            Dave,
            I posted 3.0.6.29 in the beta section of the updater. I added code so the plugin wouldn't process x10 cmds that aren't owned by the plugin.

please give it a try. enable detailed logging while testing so you can post a log snippet if you see the plugin doing something unexpected.

I appear to no longer have the Insteon tab on the X10 rf devices that the plugin appeared to be a possessing.. and my X10 PLC appears to be working ok also.. I will post you the snip latter today..
            I will run "Update X10 Devices" just before get the snip.. I'm sure it's going to be great,,
            1. Even though the devices had an extra tab "Insteon" and the device type stated "Insteon X10" {Which if I realized that I could just change the device type text I wouldn't have even asked you about the devices, (After correcting local issues.) your plugin is working fine..
            2nd. One of the top 10 HS3 plugin program designers working on it..
            Last edited by mnsandler; February 8, 2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Dave,
              make a hs db backup before you run the "Update X10 Devices". This routine will take ownership of x10 devices that aren't owned (interface is blank). it shouldn't affect devices created by the x10rf plugin. The routine will update the device type to Insteon X10 (this is my internal value)

The Insteon tab should only show for devices where Interface=Insteon. it shouldn't show for x10 rf devices

thanks for reporting back
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                Dave,
                make a hs db backup before you run the "Update X10 Devices". This routine will take ownership of x10 devices that aren't owned (interface is blank). it shouldn't affect devices created by the x10rf plugin. The routine will update the device type to Insteon X10 (this is my internal value)

The Insteon tab should only show for devices where Interface=Insteon. it shouldn't show for x10 rf devices

thanks for reporting back
                It's the blanks that appear to be causing the problem,, the RFXCOM doesn't put any text in the device type box.. As I stated above it appears not to be an issue,, it appears that the only effect your plugin has on the devices is to put the text in the device type blank field.. Now that I know the issue it's not an issue,, I will ask Mr. Weijenberg if there's a way he can add the device type X10 Rf or something..

Thanks

Comment

It's the blanks that appear to be causing the problem,, the RFXCOM doesn't put any text in the device type box.. As I stated above it appears not to be an issue,, it appears that the only effect your plugin has on the devices is to put the text in the device type blank field.. Now that I know the issue it's not an issue,, I will ask Mr. Weijenberg if there's a way he can add the device type X10 Rf or something..

Thanks
                  Dave,
                  thanks for the clarification. can you post a screen shot of an x10Rf device that is owned by the other plugin (interface <> Insteon) but the devicetype says Insteon X10
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Snip and log,,, Note in the log that it appears that the voltage of the Imetersolo is read ever poll yet most times it does not appear in HS3.. This note is for my other post,, so I don't have to attach the log twice..

Thanks
                    Dave
                    Attached Files

Comment

Snip and log,,, Note in the log that it appears that the voltage of the Imetersolo is read ever poll yet most times it does not appear in HS3.. This note is for my other post,, so I don't have to attach the log twice..

Thanks
                      Dave
                      can you post a screen shot of the Advanced tab for either of the above devices
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark; I've already changed them all,,, yet the device text stated that it was an "Insteon X10" device after changing it the Insteon tab went away..

Thanks

Comment

Hi Mark; I've already changed them all,,, yet the device text stated that it was an "Insteon X10" device after changing it the Insteon tab went away..

Thanks
                          ok. we'll call this good.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                          X