HomeSeer Memory and CPU best performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Memory and CPU best performance

I have a Virtual Machine where I can set number of processors and memory, what is the beat value that I can set for both memory and CPU to make the best of HomeSeer?

Thanks,
    Aldo

Originally posted by aldo View Post
    I have a Virtual Machine where I can set number of processors and memory, what is the beat value that I can set for both memory and CPU to make the best of HomeSeer?

Thanks,
    Aldo
    This here is a good read : https://www.networkcomputing.com/clo...void/885581827

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

What is nice about a VM is that you can adjust the properties relating to the number of processors and memory. IE: build one VM and run HS3 in it. Then copy the VM and change the properties on it to suite your needs. Personally I find that while HS3 is a 32bit application it runs faster in 64bit mode. (Linux)

It is all relating to how much you do with HS3 relating to the number of plugins, hardware connections, scripts et al.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

That is a great question. I understand that depend on plugins and etc. but assuming that you have unlimited CPU and memory what should be the best values for HS3? Would 4 CPU and 16 GB be ideal or should be more?

Thanks,
        Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
          That is a great question. I understand that depend on plugins and etc. but assuming that you have unlimited CPU and memory what should be the best values for HS3? Would 4 CPU and 16 GB be ideal or should be more?

Thanks,
          Aldo
          That would be more than adequate as many users use RPi units with 1GB of RAM and a 1.2 GHZ processor.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Comment

Yeah here the HS3 Pro box runs in 64bit Ubuntu with 16Gb plus one Virtual Instance of Windows that I run with the four CPUs / 32 bit and give it 2Gb of RAM.

On the Pine64 2 Gb computer HS3 Lite is running in 64bit Ubuntu server. Machine doesn't break a sweat.

Testing running an embedded XP VM on a RPi2 with 1Gb of RAM. It runs but is slow.

On another POE connected RPi2 multitasking a bunch of stuff.....ZWave remote, 1-Wire hub, Domoticz and NOAA satellite captures. Not sweating at all.

Today too now you can get a Skylake based motherboard and stock maximum RAM is 32Gb which would make for a nice VM box.

All though now the Intel CPU as we know it will need to be redesigned. The patches to the ill stuff slow down the CPUs tremendously from what I have read.

Today read that the super fast gaming computers are flying off the shelf being today utilized for bit coin mining...

Relating to the OP HS3 runs fine on any computer these days Intel, AMD or ARM based in Linux (Windows is limited to Intel or AMD unless you create a VM in an ARM based machine - which I thought was not possible).
              Last edited by Pete; February 17, 2018, 05:09 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
              X