This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Communication Problems

I'm using Z-Troller as my primary interface and over the past couple of months been receing an increasing number of Z-Wave warnings such as "No response from device when getting level: Z-Wave Living Room Front Porch, Node: 102". I optimized my entire network and it almost seemed to make it worse because some switch devices now flash the network installation LED even though they are still able to be controlled by Home Seer. I also received Communication Errors "Failed Sending Z-Wave command to Device" on two modules. Some devices are even in the same electrical box with other modules that work correctly. The two failed devices can be controlled normally with a secondary control even though it's farther away geographically. I have a large network (over 100 nodes) so module to module communication should not be an issue. It almost appears as if Z-Troller needs an antenna. The HomeSeer CPU (and Z-Troller) is approximately 4' away from the 1st Zwave module (which incidently is one of the nodes that logs Z-Wave level warnings.

I've been working on this problem for over a week without much luck. Even tried uninstalling and re-installing devices (which resets the Network LED's OK but doesn't solve the warnings). A Network scan and optimizations brings back the flashing LED. I purchased HomeSeer Pro a few weeks ago but want to solve my problems before upgrading.

Help!!!

Have you tried to reboot your home by shutting down the breakers which will reset the devices. There have been reports that a failed node or "stuck" node can cause issues with the network.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, just tried it again and still reports warnings on the nodes.

Comment

Try a "Restart Interface" then shutdown/restart HS. That will reboot the Z-Troller.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

No luck. Just completed and after another network scan, more nodes give warnings. Vertually all of my wall switch modules now flashing the Network installation LED (as if not installed on the network) yet the modules can be controlled but do not transmit (thus the level set warnings).

Do you know if their is a distance requirement between z-troller and the closest node?

Comment

get anywhere with this

I am having similar issues and was wondering if you had gotten anywhere

Comment

Unfortunately not. As much as I hate to do it I'm ready to trash my entire 100 node network and start from scratch. I've tried just about everything. The thing that concerns me the most is when I uninstall and re-install a module with a different node it works great. As soon as I run a network optimation. The module's LED starts blinking again as if it is not connected to the network. I can still control it from HomeSeer but I start getting "Level Set Warnings" again. So much for Z-Wave reliability.

Comment

Working...
              X