Plugin for Zee2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin for Zee2?

I'm wondering if you will be able to provide this plugin for the Zee2?

I can see that there are more and more avalible for the Zee2, and i would love to have this plugin on the Zee2
    Attached Files
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

I transfered the plugin file with WinSCP to the Zee2. And it seems to kind of work. It's very slow so it's probably not optimal for Linux.

But my main problem is that all images is blank.

I have choosen language and the url correct (sted/place etc.)
    Attached Files

Comment

Much of the time the files are all there except for some lower / upper case stuff.

If you right click on the image's it will tell name and directory of the image file.

Most likely it is in the zip file download. You can copy the entire directory of images using WinSCP. Look for images in the /html/image/nameofplugin directory.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Much of the time the files are all there except for some lower / upper case stuff.

If you right click on the image's it will tell name and directory of the image file.

Most likely it is in the zip file download. You can copy the entire directory of images using WinSCP. Look for images in the /html/image/nameofplugin directory.
        Thanks that helped. And it's working.

But the problem was with capitals. So i had to make 2 folder one "YR" and one with "Yr".

But i think this could be easily fixed when you can install this the proper way trhough the manager in HS.

Comment

I do not have a zee2 or linux version of homeseer so I have not been able to test it. but in prinsiple it should work except with some folder addressing that needs a "fixpath" fix in the code.

No that you have confirmed that it works in general, i can do some adjustments to the folder path handling and release a new version.

(although it has to be when i get back home from vacation)

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
            I do not have a zee2 or linux version of homeseer so I have not been able to test it. but in prinsiple it should work except with some folder addressing that needs a "fixpath" fix in the code.

No that you have confirmed that it works in general, i can do some adjustments to the folder path handling and release a new version.

(although it has to be when i get back home from vacation)
            You could ask HS? Cause your plugin is not avalible from their plugin management place. I had to take the windows version of the .exe file + those image folders manually over to get it working for now.

Like you say a folder addressing is probably all that is needed to get it working.

I really love this plugin And many of the people i install systems for will be pleased to be able to have this plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
              You could ask HS? Cause your plugin is not available from their plugin management place.
              I believe the first step is to confirm Linux support, then i will talk to HS guys to get it in the zee2 updater.

Can you confirm that most of images works once you add them to the zee (and correct the Yr/ YR/ paths)?

I expect the radar, uv and metogram image not to work withouth path fix, but the rest should be web addresses and from my understanding those are the same regardless of OS.

Comment

Yes so far so good. Feels a little slow. so should maybe need some optimizing to get it running a bit faster. The loading time on pages with this takes a second or 3 longer than others. But all i had to do like i said was making 2 folders "YR" and "Yr".
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes so far so good. Feels a little slow. so should maybe need some optimizing to get it running a bit faster. The loading time on pages with this takes a second or 3 longer than others. But all i had to do like i said was making 2 folders "YR" and "Yr".
                  Thanks!

regarding the loading time, are you referring to the config pages? the pages has a lot of option boxes thus is not really optimal, but how often do you use this page?

the YR/ Yr part is fixed already and will be part of next release.

I suspect though that the meteogram does not update, but is taken from the file you copied... this part needs the fix path function.

i suspect that once i change the "linux bit" in the updater file it will show up in the zee2 updater...

Comment

Both actually seems like when loading screens like you see above it takes a second or two. You notice some slight delay.

The config pages are really bad. They take way to long to load. On the Zee2 it can take more than a minute to load...

Great that you fixed the addressing.

The Meteogram does actually update now. But not sure if it updates properly. But so far i haven't seen something off yet.

Comment

Any progress on getting it into the plugin manager?

Comment

I need to get home from vacation before I can upload a new version to fix the path naming and change the updater file.

Comment

Great looking forward to that Enjoy your holiday

Comment

Both actually seems like when loading screens like you see above it takes a second or two. You notice some slight delay.
                            I cannot see that the plugin is invoked once the devices are updated and I believe the only way to speed up the loading of the images that are stored in HS devices is to reduce the size and quality. (Currently I'm not resizing the image.)

Comment

Any progress on getting it into the plugin manager?
                              Can you confirm that the plugin is now in the updater for Zee2?

Comment

Working...
                              X