Echo/Alexa API "On" versus "On Last Level"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echo/Alexa API "On" versus "On Last Level"

First off, I love the Echo/Alexa integration via the API -- fantastic job!

The only "wife acceptance factor" issue I'm having is asking Alexa to turn on a light always goes to full brightness instead of Last Level. And, after turning on full brightness, this now because the new Last Level.

Is there a way to have the "on" request turn on device to Last Level for those devices that support it?

Thanks!

Originally posted by wcross View Post
    First off, I love the Echo/Alexa integration via the API -- fantastic job!

The only "wife acceptance factor" issue I'm having is asking Alexa to turn on a light always goes to full brightness instead of Last Level. And, after turning on full brightness, this now because the new Last Level.

Is there a way to have the "on" request turn on device to Last Level for those devices that support it?

Thanks!
    Not sure of the overall ramifications, but if I change the Last Level to On instead of On Alternate, I get the behavior you're looking for. It's located in the Status Graphics tab.

YMMV,
    Z

Comment

ALEXA

Lately when Alexa finishes loading devices she says she could not find any smart devices. Devices still load. ?????

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
        Not sure of the overall ramifications, but if I change the Last Level to On instead of On Alternate, I get the behavior you're looking for. It's located in the Status Graphics tab.
        YMMV,
        Z
        I was struggling with the same. In my case I had to do just the opposite of what vasrc said, i.e. I had to set "On Last Level" to On.

Before: Value=99; Status=On, Control Use=On
        Value=255; Status=On Last Level, Control use=On Alternate
        New:Value=99; Status=On, Control Use=On Alternate
        Value=255; Status=On Last Level, Control use=On

This is with Cooper Wiring 9540/9542 devices.

Comment

Working...
        X