Event Date condition ignored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Date condition ignored

I have an event that should only trigger if the date is between two values, however, the event will still run the action regardless of the current date.

Is this a bug in HS or have I misunderstood the functionality of the Date conditions?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by eliashall View Post
    I have an event that should only trigger if the date is between two values, however, the event will still run the action regardless of the current date.

Is this a bug in HS or have I misunderstood the functionality of the Date conditions?
    You must have deleted a Trigger in the event, because "The date is after 2/12/Y" is not a valid trigger. The only way you can get that to show as a Trigger is by deleting a Trigger and having what was a Condition move up to be a Trigger. You will need to delete the Event and start over because it is now corrupted.

A Trigger is a moment in time, but 2/12/Y is not. It is true for 24 hours straight once a year and cannot be a trigger. You can have this:

IF The time is 8:00PM
    AND IF The date is after 2/12/Y
    AND IF The date is before 2/15/Y

HomeSeer should prevent a trigger from being deleted, but it is possible if you create a Condition (AND IF) then delete the trigger above it. This has a Bugzilla filed on it, but it is still allowed. You can change a Trigger, but you should never delete one.
    Last edited by randy; February 20, 2018, 08:29 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I was trying to call the event from my "sunset" event, is it not possible to have the date validation when the event is manually called or called from another event?

Comment

Originally posted by eliashall View Post
        I was trying to call the event from my "sunset" event, is it not possible to have the date validation when the event is manually called or called from another event?
        Sure. Just make the trigger "This event is manually triggered".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1195498

Then call it from another event using the "Run Only if Other Event Conditions are TRUE".

Also note that when an Event is called from another Event, the Trigger is always ignored, so any Trigger will work.

More here.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Awesome, Thank You!

Comment

Working...
          X