• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcsTemperature HS2 Install Instructions

Screenshots showing initial install steps for mcsTemperture under HS2
    Attached Files

HI,
    I surely have mis-do something, but I can't managage to try mcstemp.
    As i really dont want to do testing on my working HS 2.0, I download an install a fresh 30 days trial HS 2.2 on a separated PC, with a clean new XP install.
    Then copy mcstemp exe in HS22 home dir and restart it. Then enabled it in the interface section. There is no mcstemp setup in GUI or web in HS22, and I get the following error in the log :
    7/12/2007 2:04:38 PM - Error - License file mcsTemperature.lf does not exist

Any idea on my mistake ?
    Attached Files

Comment

Run the updater from your new HS2 install to install mcsTemperature on it. Alternately you can get the mcsTemperature install file from http://mcsSprinklers.com/setup_mcsTemperature.exe into your new Homeseer 2 folder.

Comment

Oh, Thx.
        yes, with the installer it's far better than with only the exe...

Comment

Just tried to let the updater install the latest version as i am still on 5.7.0.0.

consistently get the message:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>19/08/2007 23:24:11 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Error accessing remote update server: ERROR: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>19/08/2007 23:24:11 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Error accessing remote update server: ERROR: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>19/08/2007 23:24:12 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Error accessing remote update server: ERROR: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>19/08/2007 23:24:41 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Starting download of updates</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>19/08/2007 23:24:41 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Downloading update: mcsTemperature</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>19/08/2007 23:24:42 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Error downloading file: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>19/08/2007 23:24:42 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>WARNING: There were no packages successfully downloaded for installation.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Any ideas?

Comment

Typo in file name. It is fixed now.

Comment

Hi

When I launch MCS temperature plugin with the GIU I've this error

Script error: Type mismatch: '[string: "Faux"]'

If Not hs.GetINISetting("Web Agent", "AllowGuest", False, "mcsGuest.ini") Then
              If Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") = "guest" Then

Have you an idea please

thank's

Comment

Error in accessing setup screen

When trying to access the setup screen I get the following error: any ideas?

HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
                HomeSeer internal error
                File: D:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\/includes/style.asp HTTP/1.1 404 OK Server: HomeSeer
                HomeSeer internal error
                File: D:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\/includes/header.asp<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>function clearSubmit(button) { // put ... in the face of the submit button and copy the button to clientAction // ClientAction captures the last button pressed before a submit // if the Select / Upate toggle button was hit and update requested or another // button was hit and the mode is for update then submit the form document.MovementForm.ClientAction.value = button.name; if (button.name == "GroupFilter") { document.MovementForm.DeviceFilter.value = "N/A"; } if (button.name == "DeviceFilter") { document.MovementForm.GroupFilter.value = "N/A"; } if (button.value == "Update") { button.value = "Updating"; document.MovementForm.submit(); }}// Special case of <Return> form text box that could not be vectored with onChangefunction CheckText() { var result; if (document.MovementForm.ClientAction.value == "") { document.MovementForm.ClientAction.value = "EndDate"; } if (document.MovementForm.Update.value == "Select") { document.MovementForm.Update.value = "Updating"; result = true; } else { result = false; } return result;}</SCRIPT>

Script error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A000D

response.write CustomHeader(Array(fs4.Value, "", gBackgroundColor, "", gStyleSheet))
                Else</PRE>

Comment

This is authorization code that has been in mcsTemperature.asp in the \HTML subfolder for quite awhile. I thought it was already removed, but I guess not. The segment below is likely what you have.

Code:
                  	'Temperature ASP

'v1.0 10-10-02 M. McSharry

Dim x

'Redirect for unauthorized users

Response.redirect ("/unauthorized.asp")
                        		End If
                      	End If

'Process the request

Response.Write hs.plugin("mcsTemperature").TemperatureASP(request, response)
                  It can be changed to the following by deleting lines. Not the lines with greater than, less than and percentage symbols were not shown here, but they should not be removed.
                  Code:

Comment

mcsTemp not appearing in plug-in list

mcsTemp doesn't appear in the plug-in list after installation (suspiciously fast install time..)I've checked the html dir, all looks ok, but reboots, etc make no difference. Any ideas - what am I missing?
                    Many thanks

Comment

mcsTemperature is downloaded by the HS Updater as mcsTemperature_5_12_0_7.zip. That files contains the mcsTemperature.lf for licensing and setup_mcsTemperature.exe which is an installer executable. If you would not prompted for install path etc from this installer then it did not install. I would suggest searching for this .exe in a subfolder under Homeseer 2 and then execute it.

The messages related to header.asp and style.asp are from the "includes" download which was used with a very early version of mcsTemperature and is still supported for backward compatibilty with the "compatibliy mode" checkbox on the setup. If you do not have any \Config\mcsTemperature.ini file present then it should default to not using these "includes"

Comment

Error launching

Hi michael,

Thank's for your help , it's good

Regards
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                        This is authorization code that has been in mcsTemperature.asp in the \HTML subfolder for quite awhile. I thought it was already removed, but I guess not. The segment below is likely what you have.

Code:
                            'Temperature ASP

'v1.0 10-10-02 M. McSharry

Dim x

'Redirect for unauthorized users

Response.redirect ("/unauthorized.asp")
                                      End If
                                End If

'Process the request

It can be changed to the following by deleting lines. Not the lines with greater than, less than and percentage symbols were not shown here, but they should not be removed.
                        Code:

Comment

Hi - worked it out, I was being an idiot... I have a Hometroller which uses d:\ for Homeseer (c:\ is the o/s under HSProtect) - your install script defaults to c:\ so Homeseer couldn't see mcsTemp. All works fine now, great bit of kit!!
                          Thanks

Comment

Spoke too soon - the following comes up in the log:

2/13/2008 12:36:06 AM - Info - Initializing Plug-in: mcsTemperature
                            2/13/2008 12:36:06 AM - mcsTemperature - Version 5.12.7 Registered with Homeseer
                            2/13/2008 12:36:06 AM - COM Plugin - Calling InitIO
                            2/13/2008 12:36:07 AM - mcsTemperature - InitINIVariables sensorType=0, index=0 on line 8040 ActiveX component can't create object
                            2/13/2008 12:36:07 AM - mcsTemperature - Temperature database Table D:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\mcsTemperature.mdb\Temperature has no data stored
                            2/13/2008 12:36:07 AM - Info - Finished initializing plug-in mcsTemperature

Is this something to do with the install of device drivers for DS9097 or drivers for line graphs - I've installed Java.
                            Thanks

Comment

This message is from the 1-wire drivers not being installed. Sun Java will not work. Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (MS JVM) must be installed then the drivers for 1-wire. MS JVM can be found via google search. The drivers are at ftp://ftp.dalsemi.com/pub/auto_id/li...ivers_v400.msi.

Comment

Working...
                              X