V2.18.1.0/V2.18.1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V2.18.1.0/V2.18.1.1

Michael, I updated mcsSprinklersP to V2.18.1.0 via the HS3 updater today from a version that was 3 or 4 months back (on Windows 10). It was odd in that the updater showed the latest version as V2.18.1.1 and that is the one I checked. As mentioned it installed the .0 version so I went back in and did the update one more time, again checking .1. Again, it downloaded and installed .0. The HS log did show it installed successfully. However, this time it seemed stuck in a download status loop (the small circle in the HS log indicating download in progress still going). I waited a few minutes and restarted HS3 and that cleared the download status circle.

Everything seemed to come back up okay, except the interface looks different.

1. There used to be links to the other mcsSprinklers functions on each page, what happened?
    2. The reason I updated because I have been having intermittent trouble with my Rain8 net. The link to that page function is missing. Specifically, I was looking for the "Communication Test" function. Is it supposed to be somewhere else?
    3. Do the above have any relation to my install problems?
    4. Should I download and install V2.18.1.1? If so where/how?

Thanks
    Gary

Current Date/Time: 6/14/2018 1:16:55 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.445
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 52 Minutes 13 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.83
    Number of Devices: 262
    Number of Events: 78
    Available Threads: 800
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.57.0: BLBackup
    2.0.61.0: BLOnkyo
    2.18.1.0: MCSSPRINKLERSP
    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
    3.0.6551.16959: UltraGCIR3
    3.0.0.40: X10
    3.0.1.218: Z-Wave

Image Below:
    Last edited by Kbevo; June 15, 2018, 05:21 PM.

Some Progress...

When none of my zones came on as scheduled yesterday, I tried the .1 install for the 3rd time. It had errors (see image below) but the interface is back to normal with the function links now shown at the top of each page. When the plugin starts, it seems to indicate the .1 version is installed, but the Help display (below) still shows .0 as does the updater, so I don't have a clue as to what is correct.

My zones seem to work ok now although I have to report, my confidence level is pretty low. The only issue I am confused about at this point is my Palm Pad X10 control. I may have been dreaming, but I thought at one time the "Remote Control" page had a place to set up the X10 alias for each zone? In any case I have not been able to find it. If anyone has any guidance on this feature please let me know.

Thanks
    Gary
    Image #1 below

Image #2 Below

Current Date/Time: 6/16/2018 12:12:55 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.445
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 20 Hours 9 Minutes 47 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.83
    Number of Devices: 262
    Number of Events: 78
    Available Threads: 800
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.57.0: BLBackup
    2.0.61.0: BLOnkyo
    2.18.1.0: MCSSPRINKLERSP
    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
    3.0.6551.16959: UltraGCIR3
    3.0.0.40: X10
    3.0.1.218: Z-Wave
    Last edited by Kbevo; June 16, 2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I just used the updater now to install 2.18.1.1. I previously had 2.18.1.0 on the computer. It shows up in the HS Log as 2.18.11 and I have links at the top of each page as well as the Devices/Rain8 page with Rain8Net section including communication test button.

Check on the Other Page to see if you are running in Expert vs. User mode. If user mode then interview answers affect the display.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Michael, appreciated.

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        I just used the updater now to install 2.18.1.1. I previously had 2.18.1.0 on the computer. It shows up in the HS Log as 2.18.11 and I have links at the top of each page as well as the Devices/Rain8 page with Rain8Net section including communication test button.
        Probably me then. Nothing I can see, shows 2.18.11 as a version. My "log", during startup shows 2.18.1.1 (see log image in post #2), other places 2.18.1.0. Should I open a ticket with HS support on a updater error issue? The download error (image above) and the download never completing (i.e. circle in image just below the red error, post #2 above) problem are beyond my comprehension?

Were you also running Win 10, with HS version3.0.0.445 in your update?

I should point out, that the version I was updating from initially was 2.18.0.3, which was my first HS3 version and was installed last February. Updating via updater did not work right (i.e. cleanly) in that upgrade either. More detail regarding those issues can be found in this post, and those below it:
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...6&postcount=24

Perhaps, from the image below, you can tell which version I actually have installed, and maybe can tell me why the discrepancy in various places?

Check on the Other Page to see if you are running in Expert vs. User mode. If user mode then interview answers affect the display.
        I was running User mode. I have changed it now to expert. However, on the Remote Control Setup page I still do NOT find any place to configure the X10 Alias'. Has the config moved, been removed, or just missing in my install?

Thanks
        Gary

Image Below:

Comment

I did the download on a Linux system, but same zip for Linux and Windows. Based upon file dates it looks like you have correct files. Next step is to look at HS Log, \html\mcsSprinklers\data\startuptrace,txt and debug file in the same location because it is clear that it is not running cleanly.

Comment

Next step is to look at HS Log, \html\mcsSprinklers\data\startuptrace,txt and debug file in the same location because it is clear that it is not running cleanly.
            See attached. Nothing jumped out at me, but that doesn't mean anything. One thing that is odd however:

False 6/15/2018 4:17:00 PM | BuildRain8Dict NET:1:6|R6,60,False
            False 6/15/2018 4:17:00 PM | BuildRain8Dict NET:1:2|R2,60,False
            False 6/15/2018 4:17:00 PM | BuildRain8Dict NET:1:7|R7,60,False
            False 6/15/2018 4:17:00 PM | BuildRain8Dict NET:1:3|R3,60,False
            False 6/15/2018 4:17:00 PM | BuildRain8Dict NET:1:8|R8,60,False
            False 6/15/2018 4:17:00 PM | BuildRain8Dict NET:1:4|R4,60,False
            False 6/15/2018 4:17:00 PM | BuildRain8Dict NET:1:5|R5,60,False
            False 6/15/2018 4:17:00 PM | BuildRain8Dict NET:1:1|R1,60,False

At one point, perhaps after this HS startup, I went into the Setup interview page and clicked the save buttons. After that, all my zone HS devices had been renumbered starting with R9, and the R9-R16 seem to be working fine now. I ended up deleting R1 through R8. I guess I have not restarted since the devices were renumbered, but I can't be certain at what point I saved the Interview (again).

I have also attached a couple debugs that I took when I was having issues with the zones not coming on, but they are on a update version/attempt before my last update so they may not provide insight into this issue.

Let me know if you see anything or need additional info.

Gary
            Attached Files

Comment

One of the two debug had valve action and I saw normal command, acknowledge, status response with no retries.

You should be able to edit mcsSprinklers.ini to change R9 to R1, R10 to R2 etc. One place in [RAIN8UNITS] section. do it when mcssprinklers is not enabled.

There is SerialIO page that shows low level comm with Rain8net. If you suspect issues they will show up there.

Comment

Thanks Michael. Could you answer my questions in post #4 above please?

Thanks
                Gary

Comment

Should I open a ticket with HS support on a updater error issue?
                  I would not as it appears to be only status reporting and has no functional impact.

Were you also running Win 10, with HS version3.0.0.445 in your update?
                  For the updater test I was on Linux. I had previously installed 2.18.1.1 on my W10 test machine with HS 423.

Perhaps, from the image below, you can tell which version I actually have installed, and maybe can tell me why the discrepancy in various places?
                  The file dates were the same as the ones in the updater zip flie for 2.8.1.1 so you are running the correct version. This is also shown on the Other page you posted for mcsSprinklers_2009.dll.

In your case some initialization was not being executed. I suspect it may have been to the init sequence in 2.18.1.1 vs. what was done in your prior version. (just a guess) The biggest change was making one binary for both Linux and Windows so startup dependencies may have changed somewhat. This could have been overcome by doing a Save from Rain8 then Wiring, the Layout pages. This was likely accomplished when you did a Save from Interview.

Comment

Very helpful, thanks much for the guidance. What about the Remote Control X10 alias setup? Was that removed or did I dream that it ever existed in the first place?

Thanks
                    Gary

Comment

I see that the remote was implemented for only standalone. I missed it when merging with HS3 version for common binary. I will get it back.

Comment

2.18.1.2 is in the updater. Alias was lost when MQTT was added. It only showed them if W800, xAP or MQTT interfaces setup. I did not response to alias control on HS as this computer does not have additional hardware. But I do use it standalone with 2.18.1.1 so it should continue to work under HS.

Comment

Thanks Michael.
                          Gary

Comment

Working...
                          X