• Show
Clear All

Capture that if u can

I have not seen that at all since I started using .59
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

The jury is still out for me Re: the issue of this thread. I did have a weird situation today where an incoming phone call resulted in the previous TTS being played and immediately followed by the proper and current TTS.

But! I DO absolutely have the clipped TTS situation described. Another nightmare to track down with a debug log. I'll get one if and when I can.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I'm using .59 now as well and have not seen the issues under normal use.
        Will try the intense testing I did previously again and see if there is anything I can catch in the logs...

Geoff

Comment

So I've seen a similar problem recently. At the beginning of all my speech announcements I have a chime (which i have set up in BLSpeech). The issue is that the chime plays, but no speech. For a while I thought something was up with windows TTS because I would only ever hear chimes and no speech. After a server restart it seemed to work just fine, however tonight the chime only returned so I tried to see what was up. Upon running the event manually, I got the chime, but then the actual TTS twice in a row!

I've attached an image of the homeseer speaker app. The one at 9:42 was the one where I got not TTS, just chime, At 9:46pm, you can see the chime again, then 2 of the same TTS.

I will try and capture some debug logs if I can figure out how to reproduce it. For now I just wanted to put it out there that it's started happening a lot more.
          Attached Files

Comment

Are you by chance using two speech proxy plugins? This is the classic symptom of using two speech proxies.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
              Are you by chance using two speech proxy plugins? This is the classic symptom of using two speech proxies.
              Is it? My issue was that the only the Chime came through the first time... It wasn't until I triggered the event manually that I got the second chime and then the 2 TTS messages.

I do have the chromecast plugin, but disabled the speech proxy almost immediately as I used BLSpeech/BLRussound only for TTS

Comment

Working...
              X