"Update Activity Device" possible issue and request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Update Activity Device" possible issue and request

I was trying to figure out how to communicate to the user the fact that an activity is in the process of changing and found the "Update Activity Device" global setting.

However, I noticed that if either "on activity start/finish" option is checked, the "PowerOff" default activity can never be executed, only the other activities. This is 100% reproducible on my setup.

In addition to this option, it would be great to have a device that indicates that an activity transition is in progress (so that some indicator could be shown to the user).

Originally posted by LaurentR View Post
    I was trying to figure out how to communicate to the user the fact that an activity is in the process of changing and found the "Update Activity Device" global setting.

However, I noticed that if either "on activity start/finish" option is checked, the "PowerOff" default activity can never be executed, only the other activities. This is 100% reproducible on my setup.

In addition to this option, it would be great to have a device that indicates that an activity transition is in progress (so that some indicator could be shown to the user).
    I want to make sure I'm understanding you correct. When you change "Update Activity Device:" to either "On Activity Start" or "On Activity Finish" you can't tell the hub to run the PowerOff event at all (I assume you mean from HS)?

I will admit, while I did test that those settings worked and fired event and updated the devices in the right order, I didn't think to check if powering off the hubs from HS with those set would work. I'll debug them tonight and see what I can find.

Thank you for the find.

Comment

Ok,

I found the bug and it will be fixed in the next version. It does in fact turn the hub off, but it never updates the devices in HS. I will fix this and make sure they are updated correctly based on that setting.

Comment

Working...
      X