Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt,

Thanks for the update!! Works fine now.

Is there a way to trigger an event based on the Station? What I am struggling with is the value required for an On condition. Off is fine as there is only one value.

What I am trying to do is trigger an event based on a specific station turning on and then another event when that station turns off.

Thanks for any ideas.

Regards,
    Vector

Comment

If:
      This device had its value set and is greater than
      [select zone device]
      is greater than a custom value of

Hmm... i thought that would do the trick but realised it would trigger continuously not just when the zone first turns on. You might have to use he above with the combination of a flag (counter) so that the counter must be zero for the condition to be true, and then the counter is set to 1 on the first activation. Zone=0 can then reset the counter.

When I get time, I can try to add a proper trigger to the plugin - but I might be a bit slow.

Comment

I'm also looking for a way to send an email after a zone has been activated with a short summary e.g. "Backyard watered for a period of 22 minutes........" Any help is very welcome.

Thanks.

Jos
        Last edited by herbus; June 28, 2016, 07:11 AM.

Comment

I'm new to HomeSeer (still in my 30 day trial), and I tried downloading this plugin and it failed.

Is it because I'm running HomeSeer on Linux and this plugin is for Windows?

Code:
          08:28:35:8506:[Updater]->Starting download of updates
          08:28:35:8511:[Updater]->Downloading update: OpenSprinkler
          08:28:36:6802:[Updater]->Update HSPI_OpenSprinkler.exe downloaded successfully
          08:28:36:6806:[Updater]->Installing package OpenSprinkler
          08:28:36:6879:[Updater]->Copying file: \root\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_Device.png
          08:28:36:6886:[Updater]->Copying file: \root\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_disabled.png
          08:28:36:6890:[Updater]->Copying file: \root\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_error.png
          08:28:36:6893:[Updater]->Error, package file not found: /root/HomeSeer/Updates3/OpenSprinkler2.1.6.0/OS_error.png
          08:28:36:6896:[Updater Error]->Installation of package OpenSprinkler failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
          08:28:36:6898:[Updater]->Install/Update of package OpenSprinkler failed.

Comment

I don't have linux so can't test, but I'm told that it does work. It seems that it had an error half way through copying files - which isn't a problem with the plugin but rather a problem with homeseer's installer.

I'd first try deleting and re-installing again. If that doesn't work the issue might be with slashes facing the wrong way, try a manual install:
            1) go to /root/HomeSeer/Updates3/OpenSprinkler2.1.6.0
            2) copy all the image files to /root/HomeSeer/html/Images/OpenSprinkler/
            3) copy the .ini file to /root/HomeSeer/config
            4) copy the .exe file to /root/HomeSeer
            5) go to manage and it should appear. Start and it should work. Set your IP address and stuff in the config tab.

let me know if this works or you need more help. I'm at work at the moment and am working off memory so my details above might not be 100% correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
              I don't have linux so can't test, but I'm told that it does work. It seems that it had an error half way through copying files - which isn't a problem with the plugin but rather a problem with homeseer's installer.

I'd first try deleting and re-installing again. If that doesn't work the issue might be with slashes facing the wrong way, try a manual install:
              5) go to manage and it should appear. Start and it should work. Set your IP address and stuff in the config tab.

let me know if this works or you need more help. I'm at work at the moment and am working off memory so my details above might not be 100% correct.
              Worked great, thanks!

Comment

Just checking in to say my new opensprinkler and plugin are working like a champ. And Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by AttilaHooper View Post
                  Just checking in to say my new opensprinkler and plugin are working like a champ. And Thanks !
                  Cheers. This plugin was my "learn VB.NET project". Started off with only a couple of users but I think it's pretty widespread now...

Comment

Also cannot install

Thanks for making this plug in! It looks like I have the same issue but being an old fart (70 this year) and newbie to linux, I'm not sure how to go about copying the files as you indicated. When using the file manager, access to the root directory is not allowed and I'm not proficient with commands over TFTP. I am able to connect to the SEL using Putty but after that I'm lost trying to implement the following. I really don't want to mess up my system so I've listed below what I think I should try. Does it look right??

I assume cd /root/HomeSeer/Updates3/OpenSprinkler2.1.6.0

ls to list the files

get filename
                    cd /root/HomeSeer/html/Images/OpenSprinkler/
                    put filename

the same approach for 3 and 4 below??

Comment

Yep !! another old fart (69) up and running !
                      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Thanks for your work on this plugin. So far so good.

But a few questions:
                        1) When I defined Station 6 as a Master, the "on" status text "Master is on for XX:XX:XX" consistently appears on the device for Station 8. I tried deleting all devices and recreating, but same result. Am I doing something wrong?

2) In HSTouch, I see that I can discreetly turn a station on for 1, 3, 7, etc minutes, or turn it off. Any way to toggle a zone?

3) I know this is not the plugin, but when I use the Open Sprinkler web interface (via Chrome on Windows 10), I get really flakey behavior - settings won't save, things disappear, etc. Is it just me? Or am I missing a setting or something? The iOS app works great, but Windows not so great.

Thanks.
                        Mark

Comment

Please Help

I want events to turn off and on one zone. I made an event that first stopped all zones, then started the zone I want. I also tried adding unp 15 sec of delay between stopping all and turning one on. Occasionally it works but most of the time any sprinkler already running is stopped, but the one I want is not turned on. Instead it is scheduled for some time later.
                          How can I fix this? I want to be able to turn off anything already running and turn on a single zone with an event.

Comment

Hi Matty,

I have been having connection problems of late, but I can confirm that I can connect to the OpenSprinkler device fine, and it is running version .11 from memory.

When i turn on the logs, I get these errors. How can I go about fixing these?

Code:
                            Aug-12 10:10:29 AM	 	OS-Debug	Error info: jp={"nprogs":0,"nboards":1,"mnp":14,"mnst":4,"pnsize":12,"pd":[]}
                            Aug-12 10:10:29 AM	 	OS-Debug	Error: Failed in attempt to write to program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                            Aug-12 10:10:09 AM	 	OS-Debug	Error info: jp={"nprogs":0,"nboards":1,"mnp":14,"mnst":4,"pnsize":12,"pd":[]}
                            Aug-12 10:10:09 AM	 	OS-Debug	Error: Failed in attempt to write to program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
                            Many thanks!
                            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Matt,

Currently when controlling the Rain Delay from a HS event, the duration is set with a drop list. The choices start at 1 hour and increment by 16.

Could you change this to allow the user to enter a number or change the drop list to start at zero and increment by 12?

Thanks.

Comment

2.1.6 having trouble loading config page to set IP
                                any suggestions
                                Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Working...
                                X