This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ImperiHome Plug-in - Beta Testing

ImperiHome is a mobile application (Android and iOS) to control home automation systems and connected objects. It is highly customizable and very user friendly.

This plugin is designed to allow ImperiHome to control your HomeSeer system. It automatically scan your devices and events and expose them to the ImperiHome app.
    In the current Beta version the following object will automatically be exposed
    • On/Off devices (any HS device that has On/Off "Control Use")
    • Dimmable devices (any HS device that has On/Off and Dim "Control Use")
    • Locks (any HS device that has Door Lock/Door Unlock "Control Use")
    • Thermostats (any group of HS devices that implement the Thermostat API)
    • Events

Moreover the following device types can be manually configured from the config page
    • Sensors (any HS device that has a numeric value: Temperature, Pressure, etc...)
    • Security Devices (any HS device that has 2 status: Opened/Closed, Motion/ No Motion, etc...)
    • Multi Switch (Any device that has multiple controls)
    • Shutters (Blinds, shades, etc...)
    • Cameras

Please report any bug.

Please read the User GuideHS3 version 3.0.0.299 or later

Changes to v3.0.0.16
    - Fixed locale parsing of double values

Changes to v3.0.0.15
    - Fixed problem with thermostats that don't have an ambient temperature device

Changes to v3.0.0.14
    - Added support for shutter devices
    - Added optional volume parameter for Speak actions and Speak Proxy
    - Sorted devices alphabetically in "On/Off devices", "Dimmers", "Door Locks" and "Thermostats" tabs

Changes to v3.0.0.13
    - Added "Wake Up" and "View Camera" actions
    - Added configuration tabs for "On/Off devices", "Dimmers", "Door Locks" and "Thermostats" in order to be able to filter out the one you don't want to access from IH.

Changes to v3.0.0.12
    - Added "Events enabled by default" setting
    - Added Cache Rebuild button to avoid having to restart the plug-in.

Changes to v3.0.0.11
    - Added support for https

Changes to v3.0.0.10
    - Show the setpoint the closest to the current temperature when thermostat has 2 setpoints.

Changes to v3.0.0.9
    - Added second setpoint and fan mode for thermostats
    - Fixed database error when local language use the coma as decimal separator
    - Fixed problem with thermostat using humidity device instead of temperature

Changes to v3.0.0.8
    - Added Linux support for historical data graphs for sensors
    - Fixed shut down of plugin.

Changes to v3.0.0.7
    - Added support for historical data graphs for sensors (only supported on Windows for now)
    - Fixed disabled event groups still appearing in the app

Changes to v3.0.0.6
    - Added possibility to select/deselect an entire event group
    - The system id sent to imperihome is now "HS3 <machine_name> <instance_name>"

Changes to v3.0.0.5
    - Added possibility to use the plugin as a Speak Proxy
    - Added Events tab in the Config page, from which events can be filtered out.
    - Security devices now shows the last change date

Changes to v3.0.0.4
    - Added "Speak" and "Go To Dashboard Page" event actions (using Control API, Android only)
    - Added "location1 + location2" and "location2 + location1" as possibles options for Groups
    - Fixed blank sensor unit reverting to default unit.
    - Fixed problem with locale formatting of sensor values

Changes to v3.0.0.3
    - Added support for Multi Switch devices (= multiple choice actuators)
    - Added option for Generic sensor to display the string status of the device instead of the numerical value.

Changes to v3.0.0.2
    - Added support for security devices: Door/Window sensor, Motion sensor, Smoke sensor, Flood sensor, CO2 Alert sensor
    - Fixed small bugs.

Changes to v3.0.0.1
    - Added support for sensors
    - Added support for Locks
    - Added optional username/password http authentication
    Last edited by spud; February 5, 2018, 02:11 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	devices.png
Views:	3
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1183217

The left part of this screenshot shows the list view, from which you can see and control your devices grouped by room (HS location1 or location2).
    The right part shows a customized dashboard view which has literally been created in a few minutes, everything is customizable: text, colors, images...
    You can swipe between screens, hide devices or events you don't want to see, and watch your camera feeds.

Comment

Well it's about time! I don't know why someone didn't do this years ago.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

This looks great! as soon as there is time, i need to test this out

Comment

I think this will revolutionize my HS use. Thank you @spud!!!!

I will commence testing now as a pro user of imperihome. I can dust of my license after having stopped when I moved away from Vera.

Comment

So far I am only seeing Lights and Outlets. My door sensors and motion sensors do not show up. Will this be available at some point?

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
              So far I am only seeing Lights and Outlets. My door sensors and motion sensors do not show up. Will this be available at some point?
              right now only on/off devices, dim devices. thermostats and events are showing because these are the only objects that the plugin can recognize without any input from the user.

I'm currently working on adding sensors, for those you will have to tell the plugin what kind of sensors it is and map them to a HS device.

Comment

I'm assuming the fact that thermostats are displaying in celsius is coming from the app? There doesn't seem to be any way to configure that either. Actually, based on their website, Fahrenheit vs Celsius should be configurable from the API. Spud, can you get it to automatically use whatever value HS is currently reporting?

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                  I'm assuming the fact that thermostats are displaying in celsius is coming from the app? There doesn't seem to be any way to configure that either. Actually, based on their website, Fahrenheit vs Celsius should be configurable from the API. Spud, can you get it to automatically use whatever value HS is currently reporting?
                  It is already coded so that it uses the unit that the HS devices use. I just tested it with a Nest thermostat and it works for me, but I had to force a reload from the Android app to have "C" replaced by "F".

what kind of thermostat are you using?

Comment

Wow..two mobile clients in one day! Perhaps HST should have given a bit more focus on this need...
                    Looks great Spud.

Thanks!
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      It is already coded so that it uses the unit that the HS devices use. I just tested it with a Nest thermostat and it works for me, but I had to force a reload from the Android app to have "C" replaced by "F".

what kind of thermostat are you using?

I tried doing a reload but that didn't help. Interestingly, if I click on one of my thermostats it shows the current temp in Fahrenheit but with a Celsius indicator and then it shows the setpoint in Celsius. I have Ecobee thermostats

Comment

Should JowieHue type devices show up as On/Off devices? Or is that something that will get added later?

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                          I tried doing a reload but that didn't help. Interestingly, if I click on one of my thermostats it shows the current temp in Fahrenheit but with a Celsius indicator and then it shows the setpoint in Celsius. I have Ecobee thermostats
                          I just tested Ecobee, and it works for me on Android
                          Is it Android or iOS? The iOS app is fairly new compared to the Android app, I already noticed some bugs that do not show on Android, so this may be another one. I will test later tonight on iOS.

Comment

Originally posted by panixx View Post
                            Should JowieHue type devices show up as On/Off devices? Or is that something that will get added later?
                            It depends on how the devices are configured. Right now for a light device to shows up in ImperiHome it needs to have On/Off or Dim ControlUse in the Status/Graphics tab like in the screenshot below.

I don't have any Hue light to test with, so check yours...
                            Also there is a RGBLight device type in the ImperiHome API that I haven't implemented yet, this will come in a future version.

Click image for larger version

Name:	controluse.png
Views:	3
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	1183232

Comment

Spud, this looks very slick, I love the interface.
                              I tried the demo and it's very quick and responsive.
                              Is there any way we can use this with HS2 even in a limited form?

Comment

Working...
                              X