Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon! MeiHarmonyHub! (Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta Update

Version 3.0.1.1
    * Expires 3/31/18
    * Removed button for saving device command settings. It's not needed as they are saved automatically now.

Working on...
    I started on adding a new feature to allow you to set the sleep timer and also monitor when a sleep timer is set on the Hub.

The Device will have 5 default controls: Cancel timer, and buttons for setting 15, 30, 60, 90 and 120 minute sleep timers. You will be able to add your own controls for other sleep timer values in the status tab of the device options if you want.

The Device status will be either "No Timer Set" or a countdown of the timer. The value will be the seconds left until the timer expires.

I plan on adding an action for:
    • setting a sleep timer via an event to any value you want (i.e. Set a sleep timer for 93 minutes).

I plan on adding Triggers for:
    • When a sleep timer is set.
    • When a sleep timer is cancelled.
    • When a sleep timer reaches a certain value (This may not be added if it can be done via a normal trigger "a device has a value")

Sample use case: I sometimes sleep in the living room (when I can't sleep and just want to watch TV). I have a virtual device and events that keep the ceiling fan going if the virtual devce for "sleeping in living room" is turned on. Those nights I normally set the sleep timer on the harmony remote and turn on the VD "Sleeping in the living room"

I could now have events that say if it's night, and a sleep timer is set to turn on the VD.

I could have another that says that if it's night and "sleeping in the living room" is turned on and there is no sleep timer, then set a sleep timer.

Thoughts or suggestions on this feature?

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      Beta Update

Version 3.0.1.1
      * Expires 3/31/18
      * Removed button for saving device command settings. It's not needed as they are saved automatically now.

Working on...
      I started on adding a new feature to allow you to set the sleep timer and also monitor when a sleep timer is set on the Hub.

The Device will have 5 default controls: Cancel timer, and buttons for setting 15, 30, 60, 90 and 120 minute sleep timers. You will be able to add your own controls for other sleep timer values in the status tab of the device options if you want.

The Device status will be either "No Timer Set" or a countdown of the timer. The value will be the seconds left until the timer expires.

I plan on adding an action for:
      • setting a sleep timer via an event to any value you want (i.e. Set a sleep timer for 93 minutes).

I plan on adding Triggers for:
      • When a sleep timer is set.
      • When a sleep timer is cancelled.
      • When a sleep timer reaches a certain value (This may not be added if it can be done via a normal trigger "a device has a value")

Sample use case: I sometimes sleep in the living room (WIFE). I have a virtual device and events that keep the ceiling fan going if the virtual device for "sleeping in living room" is turned on. Those nights I normally set the sleep timer on the harmony remote and turn on the VD "Sleeping in the living room"

I could now have events that say if it's night, and a sleep timer is set to turn on the VD.

I could have another that says that if it's night and "sleeping in the living room" is turned on and there is no sleep timer, then set a sleep timer.

Thoughts or suggestions on this feature?

That seems more accurate to me.

Comment

Sorry for that but could you give another example? I am not sure to understand the sleep timer functionality.
        edit: ok i got it. But was not sure if it was a functionality i missed on the harmony hub.

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
          That seems more accurate to me.
          Sometimes yes, but not always. When I get insomnia I like to just go chill in the living room where the tv won't keep her awake. There are those other times though.... Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
            Sorry for that but could you give another example? I am not sure to understand the sleep timer functionality.
            edit: ok i got it. But was not sure if it was a functionality i missed on the harmony hub.
            My example is probably pretty specific to me.

I could see you using this to:

Dim the lights when a sleep timer is set (Use as a trigger or condition that you are going to bed).

Set this via hstouch as part of a HomeSeer hstouch remote.

Start a sleep timer based on other conditions.

Cancelling a sleep timer based on other conditions.

I think being able to be notified when a sleep timer is set is the biggest one as HomeSeer can react to this as part of your automation. Setting and cancelling of timers will be added more fro completeness and because I can [emoji16]

Comment

I woke up to the plugin being disconnected in Homeseer. I think this might just be from it being late and me not making sure it started after updating to the 3.0.1.1 release I put out last night, if anyone else has any issues, please let me know

Edit: after checking my logs i'm fairly confident it was just due to not starting back up after the update as they all disconnected normally (not forcefully).

Comment

Hi Frank,
                Updated to the latest version, 3.0.1.1 from 0.5, and it lost the association with the HS devices. Hub showed disconnected and would not reconnect. Then went to the plugin settings and the hub was not listed. Added it again and it created new devices. Not a huge issue but I'll keep an eye on it.

While doing this I realized that I wanted to change the name of the hub. Did so through the Harmony windows software and tried to delete the hub from the PI but couldn't figure out how to. What is the best way to delete the hub?

Comment

Originally posted by mwolter View Post
                  Hi Frank,
                  Updated to the latest version, 3.0.1.1 from 0.5, and it lost the association with the HS devices. Hub showed disconnected and would not reconnect. Then went to the plugin settings and the hub was not listed. Added it again and it created new devices. Not a huge issue but I'll keep an eye on it.

While doing this I realized that I wanted to change the name of the hub. Did so through the Harmony windows software and tried to delete the hub from the PI but couldn't figure out how to. What is the best way to delete the hub?
                  I will try and reproduce your original issue. Did you upgrade from 0.0.5.0? Can you see if there are 2 main root devices for the plugin (not the ones for the hubs, there should be 1 for the plugin). Or check what the last change date is for that root device (it should be the date it was created as I never update the value of that device).

Changing the name of the hub in the software should be picked up if you restart the plugin, but it doesn't update the name of the hub device names in homeseer. I'm slowly moving over to using the hub device names (which default to the hub name when they are created) instead of using what comes from the hub because what you name your hub may not what you want the device called in HS.

Once again, I'm sorry it seemed to have lost it's config. The config is stored in the Root devices, so you have to make sure to not delete them (There is a root for each hub and 1 for the plugin as a whole).

If it happens again, I may need to see if we can get some debugging. I do a couple of upgrades at the house (once on my dev machines and once on my production machine) before releasing it. Last night though I was in a rush because the beta expired at midnight.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                      I will try and reproduce your original issue. Did you upgrade from 0.0.5.0? Can you see if there are 2 main root devices for the plugin (not the ones for the hubs, there should be 1 for the plugin). Or check what the last change date is for that root device (it should be the date it was created as I never update the value of that device).

Changing the name of the hub in the software should be picked up if you restart the plugin, but it doesn't update the name of the hub device names in homeseer. I'm slowly moving over to using the hub device names (which default to the hub name when they are created) instead of using what comes from the hub because what you name your hub may not what you want the device called in HS.

Once again, I'm sorry it seemed to have lost it's config. The config is stored in the Root devices, so you have to make sure to not delete them (There is a root for each hub and 1 for the plugin as a whole).

If it happens again, I may need to see if we can get some debugging. I do a couple of upgrades at the house (once on my dev machines and once on my production machine) before releasing it. Last night though I was in a rush because the beta expired at midnight.
                      I had the same issue with 0.0.5.0 , as i could not connect to the hub, and status was disconnected.
                      Updated to latest version 3.x , and it found a new root device, and it started to work again

Comment

I am currently testing version 3.0.1.1 and it is working very well on my hubs.

I love the ability to set per device, per command repeats!!! Perfect for volume controls in HSTouch. Another nice touch is pulling in the harmony activity icons - I use status tracking in HSTouch.

I can't seem to be able to get the "On Activity Start" to stick on the main configuration page - when I refresh it always defaults back to "When Hub Updates Activity".

Also, when I updated the last 2 versions failed 3-4 times until I cleaned out the \Updates3 folder and put the MeiHarmonyHub .zip back in. Perhaps its just my particular system. Anyways, great plugin.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          I am currently testing version 3.0.1.1 and it is working very well on my hubs.

I love the ability to set per device, per command repeats!!! Perfect for volume controls in HSTouch. Another nice touch is pulling in the harmony activity icons - I use status tracking in HSTouch.

I can't seem to be able to get the "On Activity Start" to stick on the main configuration page - when I refresh it always defaults back to "When Hub Updates Activity".

Also, when I updated the last 2 versions failed 3-4 times until I cleaned out the \Updates3 folder and put the MeiHarmonyHub .zip back in. Perhaps its just my particular system. Anyways, great plugin.

Regards,
                          I will check into that On Activity Start. It defaults to "When Hub Updates Activity", so maybe I'm not pulling it back right.

Comment

Updated to 3.0.1.1, seems to be working well.

Comment

i have latest 3.0.1.1 but it doesent seem to pull new activities.
                              I added a new activity to the hub, but i dont get it into the activity device

Comment

Originally posted by frankis78 View Post
                                i have latest 3.0.1.1 but it doesent seem to pull new activities.
                                I added a new activity to the hub, but i dont get it into the activity device
                                If you haven't restarted the plug-in, the default polling is set to 1 day so it can take some time to pick up. Otherwise if you restart the plug-in it should pick up new activities on startup.

Comment

Working...
                                X