The Connection to Hub Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Connection to Hub Failed

After running this plug-in for a few hours I get a lot of connection to hub failures. Also my other plug-in, that have been stable for many weeks, start to fail minutes later. If I disable this plug-in and restart HS all works fine. I also updated to the latest beta-release, but I still get the same errors.

Log file attatched
    Attached Files

A few questions:

What version of HS are you running?

Does the plugin actually crash or do you just get errors?

How exactly are your other plugins reacting? I'm not sure how this plugin could affect it except that maybe logging. You can set the Logging level to Error or Fatal to prevent over logging to HS. If you check Debug Logging, that will always log everything to file no matter the setting below it.

In your log, I do see a disconnect, but it seems to recover just fine after a few attempts and those failures to connect are due to the hub being unreachable. Do you know if the hubs were accessible during this time via the phone app?

Can you you send me your settings from the General Settings Tab? Since you updated from the non-beta version, some of the defaults might be a little small. For isntanc,e I"ve since moved to a 10 second timeout (10000) for the response timeout instead of 2 seconds (2000). I've also moved to a 5 second retry attempt, but I think looking at your logs that yours might be set to 20-30 seconds or so.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      A few questions:

What version of HS are you running?
      See attached HS3 About

Does the plugin actually crash or do you just get errors?
      No crashing, just many erors

How exactly are your other plugins reacting? I'm not sure how this plugin could affect it except that maybe logging. You can set the Logging level to Error or Fatal to prevent over logging to HS. If you check Debug Logging, that will always log everything to file no matter the setting below it.
      I'll re-enable and upload HS3 log to show the other plug-ins errors

In your log, I do see a disconnect, but it seems to recover just fine after a few attempts and those failures to connect are due to the hub being unreachable. Do you know if the hubs were accessible during this time via the phone app?
      I believe all hubs were accessible at the time. My router and wifi have been stable. This issue happens EVERY time I enable this plug-in, so I don't think its a real hub accessibility issue.

Can you you send me your settings from the General Settings Tab? Since you updated from the non-beta version, some of the defaults might be a little small. For isntanc,e I"ve since moved to a 10 second timeout (10000) for the response timeout instead of 2 seconds (2000). I've also moved to a 5 second retry attempt, but I think looking at your logs that yours might be set to 20-30 seconds or so.
      Settings PDF attached.

Let me know if you need more info.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by krh1009 View Post
        See attached HS3 About
        I see you are on .435. I have some other users on this version, but mine has been running on my Dev machine for over 24 hours now without an error. So I'm not wholly convinced it's due to .435 yet.

No crashing, just many erors
        The logs you provided only had a few errors. Do you get them frequently? How often do you get the errors? Could you let the plugin run for a longer period of time (maybe a day) and send me the logs for the whole day?*

*If it disrupts your whole system, I understand if you can't do this)

I'll re-enable and upload HS3 log to show the other plug-ins errors
        This might be helpful. Unfortunately on my dev machine I only have my plugins running.

I believe all hubs were accessible at the time. My router and wifi have been stable. This issue happens EVERY time I enable this plug-in, so I don't think its a real hub accessibility issue.
        I understand, and I'm not saying your wifi is bad, but maybe the hubs connection to it. I've had a few people have issues with wifi and the hub that adjusting position has prevented errors. However, see below for some other possible fixes first (changing of your settings)

For your settings, I would recommend you make the following changes:

Time Between Connection Attempts: 5000 (or higher)
        Request Timeout: 10000

depending on network activity or hub activity, 2 seconds may not be long enough. I run my request timeout at 10 seconds here without issue. It's also I believe the new default if you installed directly from the Beta.

Comment

I see you are on .435. I have some other users on this version, but mine has been running on my Dev machine for over 24 hours now without an error. So I'm not wholly convinced it's due to .435 yet.

The logs you provided only had a few errors. Do you get them frequently? How often do you get the errors? Could you let the plugin run for a longer period of time (maybe a day) and send me the logs for the whole day?*

*If it disrupts your whole system, I understand if you can't do this)

This might be helpful. Unfortunately on my dev machine I only have my plugins running.

I understand, and I'm not saying your wifi is bad, but maybe the hubs connection to it. I've had a few people have issues with wifi and the hub that adjusting position has prevented errors. However, see below for some other possible fixes first (changing of your settings)

For your settings, I would recommend you make the following changes:

Time Between Connection Attempts: 5000 (or higher)
          Request Timeout: 10000

depending on network activity or hub activity, 2 seconds may not be long enough. I run my request timeout at 10 seconds here without issue. It's also I believe the new default if you installed directly from the Beta.
          I used your suggested settings and thing worked well for more than a week. Today my HS3 log was flooded with errors. Log attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X