HAI Plug-in or other interface possibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Plug-in or other interface possibilities

I'm sorry - I know this is probably not in the right place... Rob Mason has/had a plug-in for the HAI system that is/was in beta... it used to have a support forum, but the link is now dead and I could not find the sub-forum on the board here. Hence my posting this here.

My question - and this could apply to the plug-in itself or just be viewed as a general question - is:

Can anyone suggest a way to translate flags or other status from the HAI OmniProII panel into something usable by HS3? I need triggers to hand-off functions between the HAI system and HS3 - basically so that if they can't bidirectionally "talk to each other", at least I can pass status messages, flag conditions, or similar uni-directionally from the HAI to the HS3 so that HS3 can enact the various and many things not possible from within the HAI panel.

In simplest terms my primary objective is to pass some sort of variable (flags?) to HS3 so that HS3 can playback voice files. I'm sure there are other things.

Right now, even in beta form, Rob Mason's plug-in DOES pass the status of security zones from HAI to HS3, but I need some sort of virtual device for doing things beyond simply, "Is Zone X on or off?"

Sorry for the long post!

Thanks for any advice,
    Jcd

Hi Jcd. It does look like some older threads were deleted from my forum - not sure why. The forum link is: http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1175

What you're talking about doing would require some built-in Triggers and Actions within the plugin. The HS SDK has examples on how to do that, but programming them is tricky to say the least. I know how to do it, but it takes quite a bit of time.

I'll have to add this to the list, but next up is Unit/Output control. I hope to have another beta released for this support asap.

After Unit/Output control, I will make that version the true 'release' version since it supports the base functionality of the panel. Anything after that will go through its own beta.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
    X