Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    Pete and ITguyHS,
    Only problem I am having now is I can't find the test wizzard you talk about? In the downloaded files there is a file called TestWiz.ex_ I don't see any .exe file for the test wizzard?
    The program should be found in the list of installed programs. In XP it's listed under "Way2Call Multiple HiPhone Devices Drivers". Just pull up your "all programs" list and you should see it as "Way2Call Test Wizard".

Also on my old homeseer system I used the homeseer internal modem for hsphone. I took the phone line cable I had plugged into that modem and plugged it into the line in of way2call unit. Is this correct or would I plug this cable into the phone in of way2call unit? A bit confused on this. Guess I could try both line and phone inputs.
    The line from the wall should go to "line in" on the W2C. Plug your phone into the "phone" jack.

I tried creating an event triggered manually then run a script or script command. When trying to run it said it was an invalid script when trying to run PhoneTest.vb.
    Can you post your version of the script and a screen-shot of the error?
    Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

ITguyHS & Pete,

Pete.....ITguyHS had mentioned to go to All Programs and there you will see a folder that says way2call drivers. When you expand the contents of the folder it shows the way2call wizzard application. When you click on this it brings up the wizzard as expected. I would put a picture of the expanded way2call folder in the windows All Programs directory. This would be the best way to clarify how to access the wizzard .exe file. Your instructions are very clear and complete.

I don't have a seperate line coming in from phone service and a seperate phone line going to all phones. I don't think many older homes have this type of setup. Phone line comes in and goes directly to all phones. The way2call looks like another phone with my system. I was able to connect my phone line to line in on way2call and call my cell phone with the test wizzard and the check box stating..wait for dial tone unchecked. What are your thoughts on this as I am sure others use the way2call in the same way I do? Only question I have is when all phones are on hook and I use the wizzard to dial a number it says the phone line is already off hook and won't dial number. If I uncheck the...wait for dial tone box the number is dialed via way2call unit just fine. Is this just the way the way2call test wizzard works?

Also, what headset should I purchase to plug into way2call unit and what plug size should it be. Don't have any docs on way2call unit. Also, can I use one of my older phone hand sets and plug it into phone input on way2call unit and what would this buy me?

What if I used a phone "Y" adapter to connect line and phone connections together at the back of the way2call unit to get it to operate in a more conventional manner with homeseer hsphone? Have you heard of anyone doing this in homes that don't allow the line coming from outside to go to line in and the phones in the home all going seperately to the phone in jack on way2call? I am sure I am not the only one running into this issue with the way2call unit? Ultimately it appears it will work fine for what I need it to do right now, but would like to see what I can do to use it in a more conventional manner with the hsphone software like you are doing.

ITguyHS.......This post got a bit long so I will follow this post with the details of the script you posted to send touchtones with way2call unit and the error I get when trying to run it in a manually triggered event.

You all are great and looks like I will be able to use way2call to do what I need it to do. If I can't get it to perform all of the features it is capable of with hsphone because of the way my phone line is situated in the house then that is ok. However it would be nice to figure out how to make it happen as again I am sure others have run ino the same issues that I have with the phone line connections. Great to see also that my way2call unit is working because I really had no idea if it worked as I got it used. Yeah !!!! Thanks Much Again !!!!! Rick

Comment

If you want the W2C box to manage all your incoming phone calls then you want to connect this device between the outside phone wires in and the rest of the phones out at interface inside of your home.

Outside box phone line in ==> W2C box ==> punch panel rest of phone connections

If you want it to be just an answering machine then it can be plugged like a phone.

Outside box phone line in ===> punch panel to rest of phones ==> W2C box plugged in to one phone jack.

[ATTACH]65893[/ATTACH]

The HSPhone docs are in the Help file post. If you want a manual for the W2C box it is on the W2C vendor website.

Here extended the USB connection to the Homeseer box and have the W2C box adjacent to the incoming phone lines.

You do not need a headset or microphone to use the W2C box with your Homeseer server.

Audio out and in is being done by HSPhone.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

ITguyHS, Pete

ITguyHS....Here is the script from your previous post that I used to take phone off hook, send touchtone digits, and hang phone up:

Sub Main (ByVal Parms As Object)
          hsp.LINEScriptHasControl (1,TRUE)
          hsp.LineAnswereLocal (1)
          hsp.WaitMS(1000)
          hsp.LineSendtones (1,"12345",50)
          hsp.WaitMS (1000)
          hsp.LineReset (1)
          End Sub

I saved this with a .vb file extention and then saved to Homeseer3 scripts folder. Named it PhoneTest.vb.

Then I created a manually triggered event in homeseer and then run a script or script command. In the Sub or Function Box I entered PhoneTest.vb.
          The Parameters box was left blank. Looks like it didn't even run script commands at all.

After manually triggering I looked at log and this error was shown:

Event action Run Script could not be completed - action does not have a valid script file or immediate command.

Your help on this is much appreciated as always !!!!!! Rick

Comment

Start by removing the space between Main and the open parentheses so that it's Sub Main(ByVal Parms as object). There are also extra spaces before the open parentheses in other lines - remove those also. Also, there's an extra "e" and space in the line hsp.LineAnswereLocal (1). Change that to hsp.LineAnswerLocal(1). Let me know what you get.
            Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Hello ITguyHS,

I made all the corrections and I still get that error in the homeseer log. I created the script using notepad. I looked at the file size and it is 1K. Seems a bit large for such a small file? Does this script work on your system? Maybe you could try creating a manually triggered event with action of Sub or Function with Parameters left blank like I mentioned below. Also is there a script command that allows you to run a script in an event like &hs.RunFunction ("PhoneTest.vb","PhoneTest"). Seems I saw this somewhere on the forums but can't remember where? Further thoughts on this are much appreciated !!!!! Rick

Regarding what Pete mentioned in a previous post, is your incoming phone line hooked to way2call line input and your phones all separately connected to the way2call phone input like Pete's phone system or are your phones connected like mine are? In other words are you using way2call to manage all of your phones or are you using the way2call/hsphone as an answering machine to log all your calls? Thanks again !!!!! Rick
              Last edited by Rick Bonari; January 13, 2018, 10:32 PM.

Comment

I made all the corrections and I still get that error in the homeseer log. I created the script using notepad. I looked at the file size and it is 1K. Seems a bit large for such a small file? Does this script work on your system? Maybe you could try creating a manually triggered event with action of Sub or Function with Parameters left blank like I mentioned below. Also is there a script command that allows you to run a script in an event like &hs.RunFunction ("PhoneTest.vb","PhoneTest"). Seems I saw this somewhere on the forums but can't remember where? Further thoughts on this are much appreciated !!!!!
                Yes, I ran the script on my system before posting it. I'm attaching a screenshot of the test event I used. You shouldn't need &hs.RunFunction, just choose the "Run a script or script command" action when creating the event, then click Edit and pick your script from the list. Events default to using sub or function Main, so unless you use something other than that when creating your script, you can leave both "sub" and "parameters" blank.
                It would really be helpful if you would post your script, a screenshot of your event, and a copy/paste of the error in the log! You can actually attach the script file to the post if you just create a copy of it as a .txt file type.
                Regarding what Pete mentioned in a previous post, is your incoming phone line hooked to way2call line input and your phones all separately connected to the way2call phone input like Pete's phone system or are your phones connected like mine are? In other words are you using way2call to manage all of your phones or are you using the way2call/hsphone as an answering machine to log all your calls? Thanks again !!!!! Rick
                My house is wired like yours, but I don't use any hard-wire phones. Instead, I have my W2C plugged into one of the wall jacks, then plug my wireless-phone base-station into the W2C. That way, the W2C "manages" all my phones without me having to do any re-wiring. This only works if you don't use any hard-wired phones -- otherwise, they ring with every incoming call!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ITguyHS; January 14, 2018, 10:31 AM. Reason: change screen-shot
                Fred

Comment

Thanks Much ITguyHS,

I will give this a try and let you know how it goes. I haven't figured out yet how to get attachments into post but will give it a try if the script still fails to run !!!!!!!

That is awesome news about the connection of your phones. We only have one hard wired handset to the phone line and can remove it as we have a base station with four handsets so don't really need the hard wired phone. Thank you, this is great information and makes alot of sense. Thanks for sharing and again thanks for all your help !!!!!! Rick

Comment

ITguyHS,

I changed the event as you said with a manual trigger. Now the program starts to run and displays the hs log start message but comes up with these errors shown below in the hs log. The script is exactly as you have it in the post. I checked it at least 5 times to make sure everything was as it should be. Had problems copying and pasting to post. Will work on that in the future but I think we are close here. Anyway here are the errors that are the same for all four way2call stayements. All four:

LINEScriptHasControl:
                    LINEAnswerLocal:
                    LineSendtones:
                    LINEReset:

In all four cases after the colon is the following error:

Value cannot be null - Parameter name: Argument 'Array' is Nothing.

Also in the homeseer write log statement hs.WriteLogEx () what does #00800 refer to? Is there something that has to be enabled in homeseer to allow way2call scripting by any chance. Interesting script starts running but fails on way2call script commands? Also does file extention need to be .vbs?

Making progress and thanks again !!!!!! Rick
                    Last edited by Rick Bonari; January 14, 2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Rick,
                      Glad we're making some progress! Not sure what that error is all about, since we're not using an array in the script. HS must be misinterpreting something.

Let's try this. I've attached a .txt file containing my script [as I just tested it successfully this morning]. Download it and change the file type to .vb, placing it in your scripts folder. [Yes, it needs to be .vb, since it's a vb .net script. vbs is for "visual basic scripting" which uses a totally different command syntax.] Bring your event up in the event-editor, open the expanded options for the "run a script" command, choose the new script, then click the "save script edits" button at the bottom-right of the script-text window. Now run that and let's see what we get.

That #00800 in the log command changes the color of the text displayed in the log. I use that to make it easier to spot when I'm testing.
                      Attached Files
                      Fred

Comment

hello ITguyHS,
                        Making more progress but it is like pulling teeth. I found that I
                        had to enable homeseer phone and restart homeseer and it finally ran the script with no apparent errors but doesn't seem to take phone off hook, dial digits & hangup? I changed digits to dial to "7*#3",50. This activates a piece of equipment. I tried with way2call test wizzard and it works fine. Below should be a copy of the log:

Phone dial-digits test End
                        Jan-15 10:13:11 PM HSPhone Finished Resetting line: Default Line
                        Jan-15 10:13:09 PM HSPhone Muting rings disabled
                        Jan-15 10:13:09 PM HSPhone Enter WaitForCall, modem: HIPHONE
                        Jan-15 10:13:09 PM HSPhone Enter OpenLine, line: Default Line
                        Jan-15 10:13:09 PM HSPhone Calling hangup for line: Default Line
                        Jan-15 10:13:09 PM HSPhone Resetting line: Default Line
                        Jan-15 10:13:07 PM Warning Exiting IVR processing, line is reset
                        Jan-15 10:13:07 PM Phone Line 1 Read 403 lines from IVR file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\ivr\internal.txt
                        Jan-15 10:13:07 PM Phone Line 1 Connected: Default Line
                        Jan-15 10:13:07 PM HSPhone Answering locally, Connecting...
                        Jan-15 10:13:07 PM Phone dial-digits test Start

Doesn't give but one warning but doesn't seem to take phone off hook or dial digits 7*#3 or hangup phone. I do hear a click from modem but don't see any apparent led activity. Again this process works with way2call test wizzard. I changed the extention on your test script to .vb and executed from event. Enabling hsphone in homeseer and selecting way2call modem and saving hsphone settings seemed to correct those errors I sent in the previous post. Not sure what is going on now? Your help is very much appreciated. Further ideas on this are much appreciated. I think we will get there thanks to your help !!!!! Seems that after exiting ivr processing (whatever that is?) the phone line reset and hung up the line with no digits dialled. Maybe because of some setting in hsphone? Do you really have to have hsphone enabled and set up to do what we are trying to do here? Thanks again!!! Rick

Comment

Hi Rick,
                          That's looking much better! Have you tried plugging a phone into the W2C and taking it off-hook before running the script so you can hear what's happening? When I tested it, if I'm not listening, then my W2C does exactly what you're describing - just makes a single "click" when the script runs, with no LED activity. But if I'm listening on the line, I hear the DTMF tones, so I know it's working. That's the first thing I'd try. If it's actually sending the tones, but your equipment isn't responding, then you might need to experiment with different tone duration and spacing to find something the equipment "likes". The other thing I'd try is to monitor the line at the equipment end. Can you plug a phone in there instead of, or in addition to, the equipment, so that you can listen to see if the tones are getting there?

I notice there is no "Phone dial-digits test End" in the log you attached. Is it really not in the log, or did you just not include it?

As for your questions:
                          Yes, HSphone has to be configured and enabled in order to use the W2C.

The IVR you see in the log is "Interactive Voice Response". It's the interface to the answer-machine functions and can also be used to trigger HS events from the telephone, either local or remotely. Evidently, HS automatically triggers the IVR processing when the script has the W2C answer. The warning you're seeing is caused by the script doing a "line reset". There doesn't appear to be any way of changing this behavior, but other than the "bogus" warning in the log, I guess it's doing no harm. I tried adding a "hangup" command before the reset, but it makes no difference.

Let me know about the "listening test" and we'll go from there. Looks like we're close!
                          Fred

Comment

Thanks ITguyHS,

I will give what you mentioned a try. Actually the end statement is included. It is the first stayement in the log listing above. The process worked with way2call test wizzard and activated piece of equipment. I noticed there are alot of settimgs to deal with in homeseer phone setup so maybe I have something in homeseer phone settings not tweaked correctly. Maybe you could send me a picture of your hsphone setups and I will do what you mentioned on my end. Thanks much !!!!!! Rick

Comment

Actually the end statement is included. It is the first stayement in the log listing above.
                              Well, DUH!!!
                              Let me know how the "listening test" goes. If the tones are going down the line but your equipment isn't responding to them, we can change the script to give you more control over the spacing and duration of the tones.

Here are my HSphone settings:
                              Attached Files
                              Fred

Comment

Hey are you guys saying that Way2call does work with HS3? I never got it to work or any other modem.
                                sigpic
                                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
                                X