No announcement yet.

HS3 and way2call Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call works fine with Windows Homeseer 3.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Way2Call works fine with Windows Homeseer 3.
      Thanks, I'll dig it back out and try again. BTW it is a UK Commercial version as used in call centers
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Did a quickie how to over here.

How to use Windows Homeseer 3, HSPhone and Way2Call

Basically it is installing the drivers, plugging in the W2C box and testing with the W2C Wizard. Once this is done with HS3 in off mode. Start up HS3 and you will see the W2C device in the drop down on the Homeseer Phone tab in HS3.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

ITguyHS,

I did the listening test and connected a phone to the way2call unit. When I executed the script with the phone on hook the second and third leds blinked on and off quickly but apparently did not dial because external piece of equipment didn't respond. When I manually took phone handset out of cradle I got the dial tone and I heard the touchtones and the external piece of equipment responded correctly. As soon as I lifted the hand set from crade the third and fourth leds came on solid and tones were dialed. With the handset in the cradle it doesn't seem like the script commands are actually taking the phone off hook properly. Now I noticed in my hsphone settings for modem it shows way2call as the selected modem on default line. I can't execute the script remotely when I have to manually phsically take the connected handset off hook. Just wondering if we are using correct commands to take phone off hook and to hang up the phone? It is working but certainly not in a manner that is useful when I physically have to take handset off hook to get it to work. Your further thoughts are much appreciated. Also in an earlier post Pete had mentioned something like this:

Phone Off Hook:
          &HSP.HIPcmd 1,&H14,&H0

Send Touchtones CID/Numbers:
          &HSP.HIPSendLocalCID 1,"test","12345"

Go Onhook:
          &HSP.HIPcmd 1,&H04,&H0

Would the above statements work and how would this be assembled into a script to be executed from a manually triggered event and what extention would we use to save file as? Would rather use your method if we can get it to work without me being there to take handset off the phone cradle. I would think this should be something that can be done? Again your thoughts and ideas are much appreciated !!!!!! Thanks Much !!!!! I will also set my internal phone system up like yours. Will be easy to do as you explained earlier...Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
            I did the listening test and connected a phone to the way2call unit. When I executed the script with the phone on hook the second and third leds blinked on and off quickly but apparently did not dial because external piece of equipment didn't respond. When I manually took phone handset out of cradle I got the dial tone and I heard the touchtones and the external piece of equipment responded correctly. As soon as I lifted the hand set from crade the third and fourth leds came on solid and tones were dialed. With the handset in the cradle it doesn't seem like the script commands are actually taking the phone off hook properly.
            Now that's interesting! I'll do some experimenting this morning and see what I can come up with. Maybe using the W2C control commands will work differently. I'll find out.

Since the external equipment responded in the "off the cradle" situation, at least we can eliminate the tone spacing and duration as a concern.
            Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Rick,
              Here's something new for you to try. As usual, rename it to a .vb. You won't be able to do the "listening test" with this one. I think that's because of the way we're controlling the "off hook", but not sure. Anyway, when I run this one, the "off hook" light on the W2C comes on, then goes off after the tones are sent, so it's doing something different. Let me know how it goes.
              Attached Files
              Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

That is really great all of your help. I was wondering if my sytem (way2call) is acting like yours so far?
                Thought maybe there was someting wrong with my way2call unit. However if it is wrking exactly like yours then that shouldn't be the case?

Also I noticed when I shut down homeseer and bring it back up all my homeseer phone settings are gone. This is inspite of the fact that I save them before shutting homeseer down. Clicked on save in bottom left corner.

I will give that new script a try ASAP. Again thanks much !!!!!! Rick

Comment

I was wondering if my sytem (way2call) is acting like yours so far? Thought maybe there was someting wrong with my way2call unit. However if it is wrking exactly like yours then that shouldn't be the case?
                  I think you're in good shape there. If the W2C passes all the tests in the W2C Test Wizard, then everything is working fine.

Also I noticed when I shut down homeseer and bring it back up all my homeseer phone settings are gone. This is inspite of the fact that I save them before shutting homeseer down. Clicked on save in bottom left corner.
                  That's a real concern! What version of Homeseer are you running?
                  Fred

Comment

I didn't have a headset or phone plugged into my way2call when running test wizzard so didn't run all of the tests. I did successfully run the line test that took phone off hook, dialed digits, and hung phone up so should work with what we are trying to do here. Homeseer version is: 3.0.0.368. I will run your nee script soon and let you know the results. Thanks Much !!!!! Rick

Comment

That happened to me also a while back. Can't remember if the Way2Call settings were actually gone. Have you looked in the config folder at the hsphone.ini file? If I remember correctly, the file just wasn't being read at the Setup window.

Also I noticed when I shut down homeseer and bring it back up all my homeseer phone settings are gone.
                      Don

Comment

ITguyHS,
                        Yeah, the lattest script you sent me works great and I don't actually need a phone physically connected to way2call unit. Thank you, that is awesome work !!!!!! Still have issues with hsphone settings going away after shutting homeseer software down and restarting it? Again, the homeseer version is 3.0.0.368. Your thoughts on this are much appreciated !!!! I also added to the event to speak a message after script runs using speak action in event actions drop down. The message showed in the balloon in the lower right corner of the display but no speech. I am assuming that the hometroller S6 Pro has an internal speaker that the speech goes to. I looked in the speaker client setups and it is using speakers (HI-Phone Desktop USB). Not seeing any errors in log. Is "HI-Phone Desktop USB referring to the way2call unit or the hometroller S6 Pro? I haven't had a chance to check out text to speech or recognition but have at times heard the homeseer startup message. Your thoughts on this again are much appreciated !!!! You are awesome !!!!! Rick

Don Stephens,
                        Regarding the hsphone settings disappearing when restarting homeseer what would I be looking for in the hsphone.ini file? What was the final resolution? Thanks Much !!!!! Rick
                        Last edited by Rick Bonari; January 17, 2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

ITguyHS,
                          Yeah, the lattest script you sent me works great and I don't actually need a phone physically connected to way2call unit. Thank you, that is awesome work !!!!!!
                          Fantastic! That one was a challenge.

I am assuming that the hometroller S6 Pro has an internal speaker that the speech goes to. I looked in the speaker client setups and it is using speakers (HI-Phone Desktop USB). Not seeing any errors in log. Is "HI-Phone Desktop USB referring to the way2call unit or the hometroller S6 Pro? I haven't had a chance to check out text to speech or recognition but have at times heard the homeseer startup message.
                          I would change the speaker client setups to use whatever sound card is in the S6. It sounds like it's routing speech to the W2C.

I'm thinking that Don hit it right on the money regarding the settings. I seem to remember that happening with a past release. If you go into the settings and re-select the W2C, you might find that the settings are then displayed.
                          Fred

Comment

ITguyHS,

That would make some sense as when you come back into homeseer you may want to change the modem selection to something other than way2call. Then what your saying is that with the modem select box blank you just need to reselect the way2call as modem device and hit enter or connect and then the rest of the original way2call settings will be displayed. I think this is what I hear you saying? Still not sure why the previous modem selection would be deleted when powering down homeseer and restarting. If you wanted to change your modem selection to something other than way2call you could just click on the dropdown box and select a different modem. Essentially when you go out of homeseer and come back in you have to reselect your modem selection and then the settings will be there as before. Seems like you shouldn't have to reselect way2call modem everytime your restart homeseer to get all your settings to show. Just wondering if I am clear on this and that what I am seeing is normal? Let me know if I am all wet and if there is actually a problem her. From what I hear you saying this is just normal and not a problem?

I tried selecting a different audio device in the speaker client setup and saved selection but still no sound. Do you have to actually not just restart homeseer software, but do you have to do a shutdown on the computer and restart for the changes to work? In the connection options, both connect local and connect auto are selected? The port is 10401 and user name and password are set to default.

Regarding the dialing issues you did a masterfull job on working for a solution that works and thanks much again. That was a major "to do" for me to check off !!! Now I just need to get my sound and speech recognition working. Thanks Again !!!!!!! Rick
                            Last edited by Rick Bonari; January 17, 2018, 11:42 PM.

Comment

ITguyHS,

Please see previous post also. I created an event to speak something and I tried plugging headset into headset jack on Hometroller S6 Pro and I get good speech in the headphones. How do I get the speech output to play through the hometroller internal speaker? I know it can do it as previously I have heard the homeseer startup message play through the hometroller speaker on power up. The forum other than you aren't much help. Thanks for your help and your patience !!!! Rick

Comment

That would make some sense as when you come back into homeseer you may want to change the modem selection to something other than way2call. Then what your saying is that with the modem select box blank you just need to reselect the way2call as modem device and hit enter or connect and then the rest of the original way2call settings will be displayed. I think this is what I hear you saying? Still not sure why the previous modem selection would be deleted when powering down homeseer and restarting. If you wanted to change your modem selection to something other than way2call you could just click on the dropdown box and select a different modem. Essentially when you go out of homeseer and come back in you have to reselect your modem selection and then the settings will be there as before. Seems like you shouldn't have to reselect way2call modem everytime your restart homeseer to get all your settings to show. Just wondering if I am clear on this and that what I am seeing is normal? Let me know if I am all wet and if there is actually a problem her. From what I hear you saying this is just normal and not a problem?
                                Correct - it's not really a problem with HSphone. The settings are still there, and HSphone will work fine. The problem is with the HS web interface that allows you to change the settings. It doesn't always load properly after a restart. Matter of fact, I just checked and mine did that exact thing this morning after a restart yesterday afternoon! Picked the W2C as modem and all settings displayed intact. The important take-away from that is that HSphone had continued to work just fine since the restart. That's what Don was asking about hsphone.ini. That file is where the settings are stored. So if you wanted to verify that the settings are there even though they don't show in the web interface, you could use notepad to look through the hsphone.ini file to verify that everything is still there.

I tried selecting a different audio device in the speaker client setup and saved selection but still no sound. Do you have to actually not just restart homeseer software, but do you have to do a shutdown on the computer and restart for the changes to work? In the connection options, both connect local and connect auto are selected? The port is 10401 and user name and password are set to default.
                                I think that Windows has gotten its "default audio device" changed to be the W2C. Go into Windows Control Panel and look for Manage Audio Devices. You should be able to select from the available audio devices and change it back to your PC sound card instead of the W2C.

Regarding the dialing issues you did a masterfull job on working for a solution that works and thanks much again. That was a major "to do" for me to check off !!! Now I just need to get my sound and speech recognition working. Thanks Again !!!!!!! Rick
                                You're very welcome! I think HSphone is a greatly under-appreciated part of Homeseer, so anytime I can help someone else get it going, I love it! Once you've got it all up and running, you might want to check out this thread about using it to block robo-calls: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=188090
                                Fred

Comment

Working...
                                X