www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area > Migrating to HomeSeer (From Another System)

Migrating to HomeSeer (From Another System) Are you migrating from another system to HomeSeer? Use this forum to connect with others who've done the same thing!

Old April 11th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Seer

Migrating from Smartthings

After the outage in early March, i decided I wanted to switch to a non-cloud based home automation system. I initially looked at OpenHAB, but the integration with Caseta system looked problematic. I then switched to Home Assistant and spent a couple of weeks working with it. While I believe HA will one day be a formidable platform, itís still in an early alpha stage from. My perspective, and I wanted something more mature (re: reliable). Thatís what brought me to HS3

Iím still in the process of converting over. I finally got a RaspBee gateway setup to handle my ST zigbee devices, so I should be ready to start getting events setup, as well as figuring out how best to transition. My wife really likes the ST interface, so I have a challenge ahead of me.
Old April 11th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Seer Master

Welcome to the group.
Old April 11th, 2018, 10:16 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitW View Post
After the outage in early March, i decided I wanted to switch to a non-cloud based home automation system. I initially looked at OpenHAB, but the integration with Caseta system looked problematic. I then switched to Home Assistant and spent a couple of weeks working with it. While I believe HA will one day be a formidable platform, itís still in an early alpha stage from. My perspective, and I wanted something more mature (re: reliable). Thatís what brought me to HS3

Iím still in the process of converting over. I finally got a RaspBee gateway setup to handle my ST zigbee devices, so I should be ready to start getting events setup, as well as figuring out how best to transition. My wife really likes the ST interface, so I have a challenge ahead of me.
Welcome aboard. I've traveled the SmartThings path as well. I'm still evaluating HS3 but so far I like it more than others and I've tried a bunch. SmartThings, Home Assistant, OpenHAB2, Vera (previous system).