www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Jon00's plugins and scripts

Jon00's plugins and scripts Discussions related to Jon00's plugins and scripts.

Old May 28th, 2018, 09:27 PM
Seer Master

Jon00,

I need to disable and enable plugin from event on my hometroller 6s pro running windows 7. What is the best version of your plugin to use?

Also, how do I install this plugin? I assume it is not via the plugin updater in device management screen. I see where it can be downloaded from your site but where do I save it and what is procedure to install the plugin?

Do you have a sample event where I can disable a plugin and then wait a period of time and then enable it?

Thanks Much !!!!! Rick

Last edited by Rick Bonari; May 28th, 2018 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Additional Information
Old May 29th, 2018, 02:40 AM
OverSeer

Just unzip the download file (preserving the file structure) to a temporary directory. Then look under Version 2/Homeseer HS3/docs for the documentation pdf. This explains how to install and setup events to disable/enable a plugin.

Old May 31st, 2018, 07:05 PM
Seer Deluxe

Plugin not working for me either

As Andlan mentionned earlier in this tread, I also have issue with the plugin, I just installed it and created an event disabling and enabling plugin with a 20 seconds between each command and altough in the log file I see :

mai-31 18:53:34 Jon00Plugin Enabling Plugin: Homekit bridge
mai-31 18:53:14 Jon00Plugin Disabling Plugin: Homekit bridge

the plugin is never stopped or started. (I tried with 7 other of my plugin)

I also tried manually both devices to stop and restart, they don't work either,

looking at old logs I saw that for some peaople adding the IP adress in the INI file fixed their issue but not for me, here is the content of my INI file:
[Info]
Version=1.0.4
[Settings]
UpdateMode=0
HS3HostIP=192.168.1.70

Any idea what could the issue be ?

Current Date/Time: 31-05-18 19:04:58
HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Famille - Work Station
System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 35 Minutes 21 Seconds
IP Address: 192.168.1.70
Number of Devices: 660
Number of Events: 254
Available Threads: 800
HSTouch Enabled: False
Event Threads: 2
Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
Device Exec Queue: 0
HSTouch Event Queue: 0
Email Send Queue: 0
Anti Virus Installed: Avast Antivirus Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
2.0.54.0: BLBackup
2.0.14.0: BLLogMonitor
3.1.3.33206: Blue-Iris
1.2.3.0: Device History
3.0.0.15: EnvCan
3.0.0.40: EnvisaLink
3.7.2.0: Harmony Hub
1.473.16283.1915: Homekit bridge
1.3.0.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
3.4.1.0: mcsMQTT
3.1.2.3: MeiKu
3.0.1.109: PHLocation
0.0.0.42: Pushover 3P
1.0.0.7: Restart
3.1.0.22: Sonos
3.0.6413.20219: UltraNetCam3
3.0.6702.34494: UltraWeatherWU3
3.0.1.190: Z-Wave
Old May 31st, 2018, 07:12 PM
OverSeer

What do you see in the HS log when you operate manually? Do you allow local logins without a password?
Old May 31st, 2018, 07:17 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon00 View Post
What do you see in the HS log when you operate manually? Do you allow local logins without a password?
Jon

I I manually disable the plugin via the device, I have the same lines in the log file:
mai-31 19:14:17 Jon00Plugin Disabling Plugin: Homekit bridge
and still the plugins are not disabled

And yes, the ''No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)'' is ticked in the setup page.
Old May 31st, 2018, 07:27 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldriver View Post
Jon

I I manually disable the plugin via the device, I have the same lines in the log file:
mai-31 19:14:17 Jon00Plugin Disabling Plugin: Homekit bridge
and still the plugins are not disabled

And yes, the ''No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)'' is ticked in the setup page.
Just to make sure I understand the plugin process, when I select the '' Disable '' option I guessed that in the plugin management page I should see that the plugin status is Disabled !
Old June 1st, 2018, 03:26 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldriver View Post
Just to make sure I understand the plugin process, when I select the '' Disable '' option I guessed that in the plugin management page I should see that the plugin status is Disabled !
Yes, that is correct.

I've just taken another look and it appears I introduced a bug when updating to V1.0.4.

Please try V1.0.5 on my site to see if it resolves your issue.
Old June 1st, 2018, 04:59 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Yes, that is correct.

I've just taken another look and it appears I introduced a bug when updating to V1.0.4.

Please try V1.0.5 on my site to see if it resolves your issue.

I tested both, manually via the device management page and in events and now it is working thanks for the quick fix

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old June 22nd, 2018, 12:26 PM
Seer

I'm having a slightly different issue.

I installed the Version 2 of the HS3 plug.

Added the VB line in the startup file per the PDF doc.

Restarted Homeseer.

The virtual devices got created perfectly, and I can reference these 2x new devices for scripting within Events, but the dropdown list of Plugins is BLANK -> none of my plugins are included in the drop down box on the HS3 web home page. See attached screenshot.
Attached Images

Old June 22nd, 2018, 12:37 PM
OverSeer

Have you refreshed the device management page? If that fails, try a HomeSeer restart again.

Do you have 'No Password Required for Local Login' ticked under Setup, Network Tab, Web Server Settings?
Is this on Windows or Linux?
What version of HomeSeer are you running?

Last edited by jon00; June 22nd, 2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 01:36 PM
Seer

Quote:
Have you refreshed the device management page? If that fails, try a HomeSeer restart again.

Do you have 'No Password Required for Local Login' ticked under Setup, Network Tab, Web Server Settings?
Is this on Windows or Linux?
What version of HomeSeer are you running?
  1. I have refreshed the device management page (Ctrl+F5 to clear cache).
  2. I have restarted HS3 several times.
  3. I have also rebooted the entire computer and then started HS3.
  4. 'No Password...' is ticked.
  5. Windows Server 2012
  6. Running HS3, latest rev.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 06:54 PM
OverSeer

I'm not sure then. When you say the latest rev of Homeseer, is that the latest release 3.0.0.435 or beta 3.0.0.449? I may need to check for any changes.
Old June 24th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Seer

Latest production release; don’t recall the rev but the first one you mentioned sounds right.
Old June 24th, 2018, 01:53 PM
OverSeer

It is working well here on 3.0.0.449. It also worked with 435 and 445, without issue.

Since you are running on Windows Server 2012, are you running it as a service with FireDaemon or similar, running it in a session through task manager without the user actually logged in?. The reason I ask is that I found a number of things that wouldn't run correctly unless HS and the plug-ins were launched by a logged in user and the user remained logged in. I now some have had good luck attempting to run HS as a pseudo service and for me most everything worked, but there were a couple of things that did not.`

If you are running it in the background, could you try launching it from Windows with a user logged in?

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Last edited by rprade; June 24th, 2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old June 24th, 2018, 02:04 PM
Seer

Thanks for the reply/thoughts.

The 2012 server is a VM on VMWare ESXi -> enterprise-grade HP server machine (DL380). I am not running VMotion yet but plan to in order to ensure high availability across multiple servers in the cluster.

I RDC into the server as an admin, launch HS3 manually and leave my user session logged in (Ctrl-Alt-Del -> lock computer).

The only thing I've found to be problematic is since it's a Server VM, HS3 doesn't like that it doesn't have a sound output/speaker. Other than that everything has run well.

It's just really weird that the script config'd fine, created the virtual objects but poops the bed when it comes to reading the plugs installed.

I kinda need to get this going as I'm having some stability issues with my alarm panel (network engineering issue -> we know what needs to be fixed but a big change) and having the plug restart every morning at 3am would be HUGE in making sure everything is working until I can make the network change.
Old June 24th, 2018, 03:22 PM
OverSeer

I run HS on a SuperMicro server (Windows 10) with no sound card and it never complains, unless "Launch Speaker Client on Startup" is enabled in setup. That is the only part of HS that looks for a sound card.

I ran HomeSeer on Server 2012r2 in the past, the same way as you do, without issue. I moved to Server 2016 last year. I just copied mu full HomeSeer directory structure over to the Server 2016 instance (physical machine) and seems Jon's plug-in utility works fine. I also have a Windows 10 VM (under Hyper-v) as a backup for my physical HS server and I just checked Jon's script on it and the two devices are populated there as well.

I'm out of ideas as to why yours doesn't work. Does yours create this log entry at startup:

Jun-23 2:28:53 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/Jon00Plugin.vben

Have you tried running the script from an event or Control Panel after HS is running?
Old June 26th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprade View Post
-snip-

Have you tried running the script from an event or Control Panel after HS is running?
Great idea. Just tried it. No dice.
Old June 27th, 2018, 04:15 PM
OverSeer

I see the same problem. Currently on beta .449. Windows 7 x64 (on ESXi).
HSPro 3.0.0.435, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!
Old June 27th, 2018, 05:32 PM
OverSeer

I can't really help. It seems that the issue is related to VMWare installations which I don't run. If you cannot see the list of plugins then something is stopping the script parsing the plugins web page for that data.
Old June 28th, 2018, 07:54 AM
Seer

Quote:
I can't really help. It seems that the issue is related to VMWare installations which I don't run. If you cannot see the list of plugins then something is stopping the script parsing the plugins web page for that data.
Knowing a bit about this (software engineering), let me toss out some thoughts:

1. One of the core functions of an operating system (along with memory management, storage, etc) is abstraction of the hardware layers to programs. Microsoft Word doesn’t need to worry what kind of mouse you have, just that the OS is saying there’s a mouse attached with certain parameters.

2. VMWare is basically middleware that sits between bare iron + the OS. But it’s been coded to not screw most stuff up.

3. I can’t think of anything on a software engineering level that VMWare would be doing that would gum this script up. It’s not touching resources managed by VMWare -> hardware NICs or something like that.

4. Jon00 thanks for being all over this. If you can give a bit more insight as to how your script reads the plugs I might be able to figure something out.