Events getting corrupted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events getting corrupted?

Background: I have been using an earlier version of VWS for some time now. Everything was working fine. But upgraded to version 2.2.0.11, for the .NET compatibility, this past weekend. It launches fine in HS 2.2.0.66. it imports the variables from VWS fine into devices $1 thru $72. I have several events that trigger based upon the current solar radiation value in my case device $23.

Problem: Everytime I shutdown and relaunch HS the event no longer contains "solar radiation" in the trigger. It is replaced by "unknown device". I have to manually go in and change it back to the correct device everytime. It is changed and saved. It stays stable till the next HS relaunch and the same 7 events have lost the trigger device.
    Any ideas?

Originally posted by irfanh View Post
    Background: I have been using an earlier version of VWS for some time now. Everything was working fine. But upgraded to version 2.2.0.11, for the .NET compatibility, this past weekend. It launches fine in HS 2.2.0.66. it imports the variables from VWS fine into devices $1 thru $72. I have several events that trigger based upon the current solar radiation value in my case device $23.

Problem: Everytime I shutdown and relaunch HS the event no longer contains "solar radiation" in the trigger. It is replaced by "unknown device". I have to manually go in and change it back to the correct device everytime. It is changed and saved. It stays stable till the next HS relaunch and the same 7 events have lost the trigger device.
    Any ideas?
    I will work on a fix, this weekend. What is happening is that the plugin recreates the devices during startup, reading the device names in the INI file, incase some are renamed...

I think I will just change it to a button that will recreate the devices manually, rather than automatic, this will also solve the issue where some want to delete several devices from the status view.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Any news on the update?

Comment

Sorry, been so busy lately...I will get a new version recompiled this weekend that will not delete and re-create automatically, only after a button press or something...
        -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Working...
        X