Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please read if you are creating a plug-in or script for public distribution.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please read if you are creating a plug-in or script for public distribution.

(this message was updated on 7-13-08)

HomeSeer offers a very attractive program for plug-in authors where we assist in marketing your plug-in to end users directly, and to our PRO dealers. A small commission is paid to HomeSeer. Details of this program are listed on our website here:

http://homeseer.com/support/developers.htm

There appears to be some confusion about this program. Please read the above link to see what we offer you.

Our resources are not without cost. If you would like to offer your program for sale but do not wish to participate in this program then you will NOT get the following:

* No forum on our message board
    * No listing in the HomeSeer updater (you will need to provide your own installer)
    * No promotion in any of newsletters
    * No re-direct of help desk issues to the plug-in author

The web page above outlines all of this, but I felt it necessary to post more information here and point out what you do not get if you do not participate in our re-seller program.

Here is an FAQ that answers common questions:

Q: What if I give away my plug-in for free? Can I have my plug-in in the updater?
    A: No. There is a download forum were you can post your plugin. There is a new way to package a plugin as an installer so anyone can download an install your pliugin.

Q: Why can't I have a forum on your message board to sell my product?
    A: Using HomeSeer resources for monetary gain without any payments to HomeSeer are a misuse of our resources. We don't allow other companies to sell their products on our forums, and this falls into the same category.

Q: Not putting my product into your updater seems a little heavy handed to me. Why can't my product be in your updater?
    A: It can, just participate in the developer program. You are asking us to advertise your products to all our users for nothing? Can you advertise your products on any other website for nothing? HomeSeer charges for all advertising that is does for third parties, just like any other business.

In summary, the benefits are so great, and the cost so low, it only makes sense to participate in this program. The benefits you get:

* Free forum on our message board
    * Free listing in the HomeSeer updater, puts your product in front of all HomeSeer users
    * Free developer support
    * Opportunity to be included in our newsletter which reaches over 15,000 HA enthusiats
    * Exposure in the HomeSeer.com online store
    Last edited by Rick Tinker; November 4, 2008, 02:11 PM. Reason: Title Update
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products
Working...
X