Thermostat/Other non-Lighting Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat/Other non-Lighting Support

Any idea when other devices will be supported?

I have a lot of support in there right now for thermostats but I don't have one (yet) so it's not been tested at all. If you can do some specific testing/debugging, I'll be happy walk you through what's there and how I expect it work.

Other devices like the EZFlora and EZIO's should work now but again, I only have an EZFora and so far I've only gotten as far as seeing that it does show up. I haven't tried to control it from either the ISY or the HomeSeer.

The plug-in is going to be limited by what the ISY supports. Are there other devices specficlly that you're interested in?
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Right now, the only device I have is the T-stat. I have a motion sensor on order and will be getting the EZ-Flora in the spring. I would be more than happy to test the thermostat for you.

Comment

I have a motion sensors on order as well. I should receive them within a week and I'm willing to test the plug-in if you add support for them. Support of motion sensors is the main reason I'm considering using the ISY as part of my system.

Comment

For the thermostat -

Does it show up on the device status page? If so it should have a single button labeled "test" (which does nothing). Is there more than one device listed for the thermostat?

If it does show up, you might actually be able to control it via an event action. Create an event and add an action to it. If you scroll to the bottom of the action list, there's one for thermostats that lets you set values for things like heat setpoint, cool setpoint, etc. Try these and see what happens, if you don't mind messing with your settings

If you do this with the logging level at NOTICE or DEBUG, send me the results.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in
          http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Sorry I haven't gotten around to this yet. My ISY went haywire this weekend. Everything is back to normal now and I hope to send you the info this week.

Comment

Working...
            X