This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual monitors

I have dual monitors on my system, with the 2nd monitor being my touch display. It seems every time I run the HSTouch client, it always comes up on the 1st monitor. Is there a way to set which monitor it comes up on in the client? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

-Mike

You can set a left "offset" (set left greater than 0) for each of your screens to move them to any location you desire.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

hmmm, but what if the offset is only need for one client?

-Mike

Comment

Then it will not work.

Comment

Any other thoughts on this? Rich? I'm ready to purchase HSTouch but I need to solve this issue 1st.

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by msbreton View Post
            Any other thoughts on this? Rich? I'm ready to purchase HSTouch but I need to solve this issue 1st.

Thanks!

-Mike
            Can you just swap the primary and secondary displays in Windows or will that cause problems with the other things your run on that PC?

Comment

Not really. The primary monitor is on a desk area in the kitchen and is used by the entire family. The touch screen (2nd monitor) is in the family room, on the other side of a wall, and is there for touch interface usages. It'd be perfect if I could set HSTouch client to use that monitor or if some other application could force it there. I tried ultramon but that didn't work with HSTouch.

-Mike

Comment

I have not tested it, but cant you just copy the project, and make one with offset and one without?

In my head this will take two minutes Maybe you have to edit an xml file or something...

I cant imagine a way that you can make one project work for all resolutions and offsets.

Comment

That's not a bad idea but I've solved the problem by just dedicating another PC to touch screen.

I never really liked the mouse going back and fourth between the touch screen and the main screen anyway and it isn't usable at all if someone was trying to use the system (mouse wars).

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

I talked with Rich this morning and he said he would add the ability to adjust this info in the clients.

Comment

That's good news. I've registered my copy of HSTouch!

Thanks everyone...

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        I talked with Rich this morning and he said he would add the ability to adjust this info in the clients.
                        Perfect. I need the same thing for my triple display setup.
                        HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Working...
                        X