No announcement yet.

EnvisaLink DSC Plug-in - HS2 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the error above and the "error 13" bug when changing a trigger are both fixed in version 1.0.0.2

Comment

Thanks - doing more with this plug in than any other!

This is my number one plug in, very very powerful and easy to use, I wish everything related to HS worked this smoothly - thanks again for developing!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words and for testing it.
        Now, let everyone out there know about the EnvisaLink interface , I think it is an alternative to the IT-100 interface that most everyone doesn't know about.
        If I hadn't find your post about it by chance, I would have bought an IT-100 + a serial to ip converter, which would have make the whole thing more complex

Comment

EVL-3 - Envisalink for DSC, Can I Use Motion Sensors in Events

This plug-in sounds exciting. I'm trying to put together on paper a security system now and came across this thread.

I decided on a DSC system as it could be interfaced with Homeseer.

My question is can I setup Events that can take advantage of all the DSC Motion Sensors I would have installed throughout the house. I want to be able to trigger lights, and other events based on motion or lack there of.

Can I use this plug-in or any for that matter to see into the DSC Security system and know what the Motion Sensors are up to???

Thanks,
          Rich

Comment

Yes, I'm using it for that now....

I have several motion sensors in my house, I use them to trigger events / turn lights on and off, email me messages - using HS and the DSC sensors I track when doors are opened, if I have a leak in my laundry room, etc.

I have even wired my doorbell into my DCS system - I use this plug-in to fire a speak event to let me know someone is at the door when I'm on the second floor.

I also use it in combination with other plug-ins like UltraNetCam - I have it set up to fire an event that records video when doors are opened - then the video is emailed to me and pushed up to my drop box account.

You can really do a lot when all of the DSC security sensors are available to HS.

I tried the HS DSC (native HS DSC plug-in) and I was running Blades DCS plug-in until this one came along - IMHO this is the easiest to use and it is much faster and less complex than the serial over IP setup I had using the IT-100.

Comment

EnvisaLink Plug-in - Beta Testing

If you are after some assistance on what is currently available have a look here at the post in the MCV forum. Even though it is using a different platform as the system in which it interfaces, integration is the same outcome. The ability to integrate exposes the DSC components to be used within HS and therefore provides maximum use of the components installed.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.p...c,13773.0.html

Comment

Great News, now how about Wireless

Has anyone every hooked the unit up via a wireless Wifi connection? I know that wired would be best, however, it may be sometime before I start crawling around under the house and in the attic. If so, any recommendations? I am currently using a Cisco Router and a matching Cisco Extender/Wifi booster on the second floor.

I'm going to take the serial interface out of my plans and put in the EVL-3.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Rich

Comment

EnvisaLink Plug-in - Beta Testing

Originally posted by rjbur View Post
                  Has anyone every hooked the unit up via a wireless Wifi connection? I know that wired would be best, however, it may be sometime before I start crawling around under the house and in the attic. If so, any recommendations? I am currently using a Cisco Router and a matching Cisco Extender/Wifi booster on the second floor.

I'm going to take the serial interface out of my plans and put in the EVL-3.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Rich
                  Hello,

Yes I have and I have also used Ethernet over Power adapter as well. For the wifi, I used a Netcomm Np124 wifi range extender that has an Ethernet Port.

Do you have a keypad somewhere close to your switch? The EVL3 does not need to reside with the panel can be wired anywhere into the keybus.

Comment

I'm running over WiFi with it now.

I'm using mine with a WiFi extender (AMPED High Power Wireless-N 600mW Range Extender / Smart Repeater SR10000) - it will work fine with a normal WiFi bridge as well.

Before I installed the range extender I had it connected via an extra SONOS bridge I was not using.

Works great via WiFi....

Comment

Great Idea... Wifi Extender...

As I mentioned I am now using an Extender from Cisco that indeed also has a network port. I also have a Belkin Network over Power I'm using as well. I guess I could first try the Belkin and keep the Extender upstairs and if that does not work, use the Extender...

OK the serial interface is off my design list.

Thanks again to all... now just need to finish the purchase list and get my DSC system on order.

Thanks again to all, I'll be back when I finally get the system up and then the plug-in running...

Rich

Comment

Just Made My DSC System Purchase...

OK I just made a purchase of my system with the Wifi adapter...

I had also recently purchased the HS3 upgrade, but have yet to migrate to HS3.

Will this plugin work with HS3?

Thanks
                        Rich

UPDATE: OK think I answered my own question by reading the HS3 thread... Seems that many of the plugins are in the process of being ported and this is one still being worked on. There was a ling to status all plugins and it seems that is the case with even the key plugin such as Z-Wave is not ready.... So I guess I will not be able to migrate anytime soon to HS3 as I have Z-Wave, Insteon, and X10. Also would want to have this plugin up and running on HS3 prior to switching over.
                        Last edited by rjbur; July 9, 2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Can EnvisaLink Plug-in be used with Schlage Z-Wave Deadbolt

Can I use this plugin along with a "Schlage BE369-619 Z-Wave Deadbolt" to ARM or DISARM the alarm system.

Actually, it would probably only be used to DISARM the alarm as I would hate to use it to ARM the alarm when I leave and someone is still home.... But it would be great if when entering the house it could be used to disarm the alarm...

Of course, if there is a way with these Z-wave locks to enter a "locking" code that would signify the need to ARM the alarm... I only have experience with the standard non-z-wave model and you only need to press a single button and twist the deadbolt to lock the door. Thus no real way to tell a system the "nature" of the arming of an alarm or not.

Thanks,
                          Rich

Comment

hello
                            I have a problem with ENVISALINK after a few minutes I get this error
                            10/07/2013 12:16:29
                            Could not find method 'Void Scheduler.hsapplication.WriteLogEx (System.String, System.String, System.String)'.
                            HomeSeer version: 2.3.0.19
                            Source: HSPI_ENVISALINK
                            Target: Void LogError (System.String)
                            Stack trace:
                            *** in HSPI_ENVISALINK.EnvisaLinkApp.LogError (String line)
                            *** in EnvisaLink.Communications.Communicator.ListenForData ()
                            *** at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (Object state)
                            *** in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode (Object userData)
                            *** in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWi thGuaranteedCleanup (TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
                            *** in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (ExecutionContext ExecutionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                            *** at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (ExecutionContext ExecutionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                            *** in System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart ()

Please specify what you were doing at the time of this error:

I have already tried to install the version 1.0.0.2 but the problem persists
                            can you help me?
                            sorry for my english

Comment

I think Spud is on vacation

Hi rjbur - I think Spud is on vacation so it might be a while before he sees your questions. I'm not the right person to answers questions on his plug-in but I'll tell you what I think / know.

I'm running HS3 and I have not seen this plug-in in the installer (spud may have it available for testing elsewhere but he will need to let you know)

To be honest I would not run my home security system on HS3, at least not until the SW is out of beta. But that is just my opinion.

I have 2 z-wave locks and to be honest I can't be 100% sure what you can or can't do with them when it comes to the DSC plug-in and HS.

I don't have much luck or faith in them (the locks) so I don't use them for anything other than status (which is very unreliable). If you could get some z-wave locks working reliably I see no reason you could not control them by triggering events from this plug-in (or from any device event).

But like I said - IMHO z-wave locks are bad mojo so I don't mess with them (much).

Have fun...

Comment

Originally posted by rjbur View Post
                                I have my EVL-3 connected to my network via Wifi using an AirPort Express. Works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                                X