SQ Blaster Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQ Blaster Plus

Cant find anything definitive on whether or not this is a good product. Some folks have a good experience, others not so much. I am not tied to wireless just want the best product to control my AV. Any suggestions?

Not so good for me.

I just bought and returned a SQB003-B from HomeSeer Online Store. I have HS3PRO and HS2PRO running on the same box. I wanted to test the unit with both systems. The SQB003 interface is included on both. Well even though it is included on HS3PRO it would not load on the beta ( a bug report was answered with: "it would work after beta") . The interface loaded on HS2PRO but it could never associate with the SQB003 hardware. I even downloaded the app for IPAD. I tried but could never make it work. Sooo I don't think much of the SQ Blaster. I am not sure if you are going to use the IR controller with HomeSeer. If so I would recommend the Global Cache hardware with the ULTRAJones GCIR Plugin.

Good luck

Gene

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks Gene,

I was about to pull the trigger and I am glad I didn't. I am just looking to use this to replace my Harmony remote.

Comment

The SQ Blaster is one of the best and easiest to use IR interfaces HomeSeer offers. I wouldn't base my opinion on one users input as this is one of the best sellers we offer. If there's an issue with the plugin your get free 30 days support via the HomeSeer help desk also the HS phone number is listed at the top of the HS home page if you need to use that.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hate to say it...

Got the Blaster Plus today - 3 hours later I still can only turn on and off my TV. Nothing else is working - Not even the Cisco RNG Cable box which is listed in the drop down. Says it sends the signal and nothing happens. I would try to call support but I think you guys arent open past 6 CST and not on the weekend, right?

Comment

Originally posted by mpanarella View Post
            Got the Blaster Plus today - 3 hours later I still can only turn on and off my TV. Nothing else is working - Not even the Cisco RNG Cable box which is listed in the drop down. Says it sends the signal and nothing happens. I would try to call support but I think you guys arent open past 6 CST and not on the weekend, right?
            Are you using an IR emitter plugged into the SQBlaster, or are you're using the IR Blaster that's built into the device. Do the commands work using the Square Connect app?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am using the blaster, itself. I got the impression the square connects app only works with an Ipad/Iphone - which I do not have. Am I missing something? Should I be using emitters? Wasn't clear with the purchase nor does it come with any.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Are you using an IR emitter plugged into the SQBlaster, or are you're using the IR Blaster that's built into the device. Do the commands work using the Square Connect app?
                Hi Rupp,
                Is this SQ Blaster really works in Homeseer? Tested in all aspects? I am looking forward to buy it.

YF Chin

Comment

I could get mine to work, but getting HS to control it was basically useless. you had to teach it every single command one at a time. It would have taken weeks to program it to use the xbox+tv+amp in a single room, let alone any other rooms. When they make the interface usable I'd re-consider. I'd love to know if there's an API and anyone has got the Harmony smart control/ultimate hub working with HS, as that is so simple. 5 mins setup and it was working all 3 devices properly with a nice looking app.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack1979 View Post
                    I could get mine to work, but getting HS to control it was basically useless. you had to teach it every single command one at a time...
                    Rupp,

Can you comment further on the SQBlaster's usability in (eventually) HS3 Pro?

Thanks,

Ken Florian

Comment

Originally posted by kenflorian View Post
                      Rupp,

Can you comment further on the SQBlaster's usability in (eventually) HS3 Pro?

Thanks,

Ken Florian

I would like to hear too if HS3 will support this device or not.
                      As Bitwise will not convert to HS3 I want to look for a replacement device.

It seems that this device might be good enough for me, but looking into the forum does not give the feeling there is much HST support for it despite that there seems to be a regulary cry for help.

So will this device/plugin have support/development or is it silensed?
                      If there is no support I will look for other options.

Regards,

Wim
                      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

IR Emitter

I am using Android and have the blaster set up and like it so far to control a media center, receiver, Roku, and TV. Only questions I have are how do I get the ir emitters to work? I am currently only using the built in blaster and would like to re position it, but I can't get external emitters to work. Also, How do i program a button to do a repeat command without having to push it several times (menu up/down, volume, channel, etc.)?

Comment

I'd be tempted to try SQ Blaster again with HS3. The interface has some minor tweaks which just make it easier (the main one being you select the make/model/command set and then add a command the first time. For the second command the other items remain populated. Makes a huge difference vs HS2. You've still got to add every command manually, and then build HS Touch screens manually for every control you want which is a lot of work vs say the Harmony setup. It would be nice if Square Connect had a decent android app, and if you could import the settings from it to HS3 to get virtual devices and all the commands, and some basic HS Touch screens which you could then copy into your main HS Touch setup. At the moment, this is only really any use to set scenes but turning on/off devices with lighting control and then using the SQ iphone app to control the devices, which isn't what most people are looking for with home automation when they've spent this much money on it, so hopefully there will be more work on this once the main HS3 bugs are ironed out.

Comment

Thought I would post an update to this after having the Blaster for a year.

When it works...it works great and HomeSeer got the integration right. I've setup some nice scripts that are keyed off zwave wall buttons and other events.

When it doesn't work....it fails miserably and for me and it looks like several others it looks like that problems falls squarely on Square Connect.

Here is the deal it's ability to hold a wireless connection appears to be TERRIBLE. Square Connect has failed to respond to any queries for support...email, official support line, facebook..nothing. I've tried several wireless access points, dozens of configurations but if there is any traffic on your wireless network it seems to drop off and then no connection, no app...etc. Only way to get it to work 50% of the time is a dedicated 5 year old app with no other clients on that wifi network.

There are some notes by a couple of their developers I have found that they couldn't get their chip supplier to give them better wifi drivers, but I think reality is they got a bad board design and don't have the money to rev and fix it.

I have reached out to HomeSeer support to see if they have any advice or connections to get support but I'm not hopeful.

Anyway, unless they fix the wifi or offer and option to hard wire it. I would avoid.

I'm currently switching to an ITach Flex that I have, but it looks to be more work to get it where it needs to be.

Comment

Get something hardwired.

All this wireless stuff screams consumer grade. It is only going to get worse with IOT devices coming more and more.

Comment

Working...
                              X