X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
    Hi Spud,

I've found a solution for the continously "Found" and "Lost" behaviour.
    The reason is my Fritz.box router , I had to uncheck "automatic" for the
    WiFi and check a specific WiFi channel.
    But I can't connect to my Chromecast.
    The plugin config shows "Enabled" and "Online" but no success.
    after clicking the TEST button there comes the log.message

Nov-02 20:50:56 Chromecast ERROR Not connected to chromecast Wohnzimmer
    Nov-02 20:50:56 Chromecast INFO (Wohnzimmer): Hello, this is a test for chromecast plug-in
    Nov-02 20:48:43 Chromecast INFO Found Service: Chromecast-Ultra-3fb2fbf863e54df059cf38109a335d88

I've tried to restart HS, disabling and re-enabling the plugin but without success.
    also I've upgraded to 3.0.0.8 .

What's the issue ?

Best regards,
    Fischi
    Try to disable any firewall on your Homeseer machine or your router, and set the log level to Debug to get more information when the plugin tries to connect.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      Try to disable any firewall on your Homeseer machine or your router, and set the log level to Debug to get more information when the plugin tries to connect.
      I've tried this but also without success.
      Here my .log message:

Nov-02 21:36:46 Chromecast ERROR Not connected to chromecast Wohnzimmer

Nov-02 21:36:46
      Chromecast DEBUG Playing http://192.168.178.20/Wave/chromecast20171102213645793.wav on Wohnzimmer

Chromecast INFO (Wohnzimmer): Hello, this is a test for chromecast plug-in

Do I have to do port forwarding ?

Fischi

Comment

I've tried this but also without success.
        Here my .log message:

Nov-02 21:36:46 Chromecast ERROR Not connected to chromecast Wohnzimmer

Chromecast DEBUG Playing http://192.168.178.20/Wave/chromecast20171102213645793.wav on Wohnzimmer

Chromecast INFO (Wohnzimmer): Hello, this is a test for chromecast plug-in

Do I have to do port forwarding ?

Fischi
        Please capture and post a debug logs of when the plugin discover the chromecast.

Can you ping the IP of your chromecast from your Homeseer machine?

Comment

Please capture and post a debug logs of when the plugin discover the chromecast.

Can you ping the IP of your chromecast from your Homeseer machine?
          Spud, here's the debug after detecting my Chromecast:
          Nov-02 22:05:41 Chromecast DEBUG md = 'Chromecast Ultra'

Nov-02 22:05:41
          Chromecast DEBUG Resolved Service: Chromecast-Ultra-3fb2fbf863e54df059cf38109a335d88 - _googlecast._tcp. - 192.168.178.79 - 8009

Chromecast INFO Found Service: Chromecast-Ultra-3fb2fbf863e54df059cf38109a335d88

Yes, I can ping my Chromecast.

Fischi

Comment

I tried setting up an event to fire every time a title was set or changed, but that trigger was firing continuously. I think the song must constantly be being set. I also tried an event to fire only when the title had changed, but it wasn't firing at all. Not sure why.

I'm going to try going back to just triggering off of playing and hopefully worst case, we'll have to pause wait and then press play when a cast stream is launched.

I tried seeing how it would work with google play music, and the add-in froze in the playing state after I press "stop cast" from within google play.

Sorry I'm not much help in troubleshooting.

Comment

Spud, here's the debug after detecting my Chromecast:
              Nov-02 22:05:41 Chromecast DEBUG md = 'Chromecast Ultra'

Chromecast DEBUG Resolved Service: Chromecast-Ultra-3fb2fbf863e54df059cf38109a335d88 - _googlecast._tcp. - 192.168.178.79 - 8009

Chromecast INFO Found Service: Chromecast-Ultra-3fb2fbf863e54df059cf38109a335d88

Yes, I can ping my Chromecast.

Fischi
              I need to see the full debug logs, you should have more lines than that.

Comment

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
                I tried setting up an event to fire every time a title was set or changed, but that trigger was firing continuously. I think the song must constantly be being set. I also tried an event to fire only when the title had changed, but it wasn't firing at all. Not sure why.
                What kind of trigger did you use?
                The title device string is changed but not it's value, so the only way I know to trigger based on that is to use the "EasyTrigger: A Device's string is..." trigger.

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
                I tried seeing how it would work with google play music, and the add-in froze in the playing state after I press "stop cast" from within google play.
                I just tested that on my system, and it worked as expected, i.e when I pressed "Stop Cast" from Google Play music, the status device was set to Idle, and the other ones were reset to blank.
                Please provide some debug logs, if you still have this problem. You are testing with version 3.0.0.8, right?

Comment

I need to see the full debug logs, you should have more lines than that.
                  Spud, here are the debug entries :

Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast INFO Connecting to Wohnzimmer 2
                  Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast DEBUG Resolved Service: Chromecast-Ultra-5ea4de27e0b5bd135c3bf67157be0582 - _googlecast._tcp. - 192.168.178.201 - 8009
                  Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast DEBUG TXT Records =
                  Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast DEBUG id = '5ea4de27e0b5bd135c3bf67157be0582'
                  Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast DEBUG cd = '82F88F12B6480B4FD90F0003602CBC68'
                  Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast DEBUG rm = '94A84799EEA6E005'
                  Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast DEBUG ve = '05'
                  Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast DEBUG md = 'Chromecast Ultra'
                  Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast DEBUG ic = '/setup/icon.png'
                  Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast DEBUG fn = 'Wohnzimmer 2'
                  Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast DEBUG ca = '4101'
                  Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast DEBUG st = '0'
                  Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast DEBUG bs = 'FA8FCA75656E'
                  Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast DEBUG nf = '1'
                  Nov-03 20:19:07 Chromecast DEBUG rs = ''
                  Nov-03 20:19:06 Chromecast INFO Found Service: Chromecast-Ultra-5ea4de27e0b5bd135c3bf67157be0582

Fischi

Comment

Please test version 3.0.0.8 available in first post of this thread
                    Hi Spud,
                    Until now no more freezing of the status.
                    But how can I start a .wav file from within a script?
                    Need it to play my voicemail recordings.
                    They are in the HTML dir.
                    Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
                      Hi Spud,
                      Until now no more freezing of the status.
                      But how can I start a .wav file from within a script?
                      Need it to play my voicemail recordings.
                      They are in the HTML dir.
                      You should be able to use the native Speak scripting function and passing the absolute path of your file as parameter.

Comment

chromecast repeats itself.

This is weird, this event has been working just fine. Except today, The chromecast repeated the first sentence five times before saying the first sentence and going on to finish.

I can't say for sure if the other speakers did also, since I was nearer to the chromecast and probably would not have heard the others.
                        Attached Files

Comment

You should be able to use the native Speak scripting function and passing the absolute path of your file as parameter.
                          The problem is that the absolute path is a combination of variables in an .asp page like this:
                          response.write (" <TR><TD><A href=""berichten.asp?bericht="&ls_name & """>" & mid(ls_name,39,10) & "</A></TD>")
                          And the filename a combination of date number called and number received:
                          79a0a_31497618085-03-11-2017_10-15-05_0631597966.wav
                          So I can't hardcode it in an event.
                          When I click on the message, it is played on the PC, but not send to the Chromecasts.
                          So it is not using the speak scripting.
                          Can't I use something like Chromecast.PluginFunction(.......)
                          Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Depending on the streaming app, I noticed that the "Status" device is being updated every 2 seconds, at least when the status is "Playing". I have an event triggering on just setting (not change) this field, and HomeSeer went crazy.

You can see this when you disable the "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" field. The last updated field updates every 2 seconds. For instance, TuneIn is causing this behaviour.
                            stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
                              The problem is that the absolute path is a combination of variables in an .asp page like this:
                              response.write (" <TR><TD><A href=""berichten.asp?bericht="&ls_name & """>" & mid(ls_name,39,10) & "</A></TD>")
                              And the filename a combination of date number called and number received:
                              79a0a_31497618085-03-11-2017_10-15-05_0631597966.wav
                              So I can't hardcode it in an event.
                              When I click on the message, it is played on the PC, but not send to the Chromecasts.
                              So it is not using the speak scripting.
                              Can't I use something like Chromecast.PluginFunction(.......)
                              What do you mean by "when I click on the message"?
                              Could you post the script you use? The native Speak scripting function should work.

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                                Depending on the streaming app, I noticed that the "Status" device is being updated every 2 seconds, at least when the status is "Playing". I have an event triggering on just setting (not change) this field, and HomeSeer went crazy.

You can see this when you disable the "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" field. The last updated field updates every 2 seconds. For instance, TuneIn is causing this behaviour.
                                I noticed that too, but why is it a problem? why don't you trigger on status change?

Comment

Working...
                                X