www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area > Migrating to HomeSeer (From Another System)

Migrating to HomeSeer (From Another System) Are you migrating from another system to HomeSeer? Use this forum to connect with others who've done the same thing!

Old September 26th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Seer

Looking for simple security panel to integrate

I have a HS-SEL system, UPB, Nest and am looking for the easiest way to integrate a very simple security panel with less than 16 zones (8 might work) to get smokes and doors integrated in the the HA system. This is retrofit, but it looks like I could hardware sensors on most of the doors as well as the smokes.

I really am looking for simple here but would like it to easily integrate with Homeseer. Price matters but not that much. I really don't want to spring for an Elk panel but would like simple features like the alarm it self, 3 doors, some smokes and basic arm/disarm capability. At the very most two keypads, would really like to be able to arm/disarm from the automation server.

DSC seems like it might be a good choice thus far. Any suggestions?
Old September 26th, 2017, 05:39 PM
OverSeer

I would recommend the DSC line. It works and it's inexpensive and has at least two plugins for HS3.
https://shop.homeseer.com/collections/dsc
Old September 26th, 2017, 06:23 PM
OverSeer

Yeah. DSC. It's rock solid, affordably, easy to set up and actually has three plugins (Blade, Spud and HS).
Old September 28th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Seer

Thanks for the input, I'll grab a simple DSC panel and get going.
Old September 28th, 2017, 01:32 PM
OverSeer

+1 on DSC. I use the panel with the Envisalink Ethernet module and Spud’s plug-in to connect to HS3. It has been very reliable.

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino