Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BrightSpeech voices on Windows Server 2003?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BrightSpeech voices on Windows Server 2003?

Does any one have these voices running on 2003 Server?

I was able to try them out on an XP workstation, but when installing the trial on my HS Server they don't work. I'm not able to run the license manager app to setup the 30 day trial. When I click on it, it never launches... just times out after a few minutes without bringing up any screens or errors?

I don't see 2003 server mentioned in their system requirments on the we site, so possibly it's not supported. I'm currently running the AT&T voices that originally did not support Win2K and with some help from board memebers was able to get them to install after modifying the .msi file... wondering if something similar can be done with the BrightSpeech voices?

Cheers,
    Paul

Click to visit: www.sbsmarthomes.com
    Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Authorized Russound Dealer & Installer

Personal HA Website

HomeSeer User Profile

It's probably because BrightSpeechs' web site is down.
    ðŸ’â€â™‚ï¸ Support & Customer Service 🙋â€â™‚ï¸ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Rupp,

I installing the voices a couple weeks ago when the thread first started... I was able to license the trial version on an XP desktop within an hour of trying on the server. Too me it looks like the app is checking the OS and refusing to launch?

Paul

Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Personal HA Website

HomeSeer User Profile

Comment

Paul,
        Here's a contact page. A quick email should get you an answer on weather they will run on 2003 server.
        http://www.babeltech.com/ContactUs.php?m=5
        ðŸ’â€â™‚ï¸ Support & Customer Service 🙋â€â™‚ï¸ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Yes, I was running the voices on 2003 Server, no issues.

~Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill!

I took Rupps advice and emailed BabelTech's sales & support a couple nights ago, but haven't received a response yet.

Doesn't sound like the voices will be easily available/affordable. If this changes, I'll try to re-install.

PK

Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Personal HA Website

HomeSeer User Profile

Comment

Originally posted by pkoslow
              Does any one have these voices running on 2003 Server?

I was able to try them out on an XP workstation, but when installing the trial on my HS Server they don't work. I'm not able to run the license manager app to setup the 30 day trial. When I click on it, it never launches... just times out after a few minutes without bringing up any screens or errors?

I don't see 2003 server mentioned in their system requirments on the we site, so possibly it's not supported. I'm currently running the AT&T voices that originally did not support Win2K and with some help from board memebers was able to get them to install after modifying the .msi file... wondering if something similar can be done with the BrightSpeech voices?

Cheers,
              Paul
              They worked for me...

Comment

Working...
              X