Stuck in update hell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck in update hell!

Just purchased several new homeseer switches and dimmers, hs-wd100+ and the hs-WS100+. HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.313 (Linux) and z-net version is currently 1.0.13 and now the fun. I can see the z-net using find.homeseer.com. When there, i click update and wait. After 20 minutes or so, refresh the screen and it shows version 1.0.22. As long as i do nothing else with it, it will show version 22. Now if i make any network changes or it reboots, it shows that it is version 13 again. So i start the process again even using the Emergency.php with the same result. I have even left it alone for over 24 hours and the smae thing. If I add a wireless card to it, I cannot make any changes to the ssid password etc as once i hit submit, you guessed it, 13 again and any settings revert back to what they were. Even though i had set it as static ip a couple of years ago, I found that it didnt care and ended up setting dhcp assigned static address. I am a novice on linux so any instructions would help. Oh and Z-Net still functions with homeseer just cant add any device to it.

That's pretty old -- even older than covered by the release notes!

Looks like your problem with reverting to DHCP was addressed at 1.0.15.

The issue with it reverting back upon reboot is just weird though. The note at the end of the release notes about waiting at least 10 minutes sounds like it might factor in, but from what you wrote it sounds like you waited longer than that.
    It might be easiest to start over from scratch with a new SD card. An image can be downloaded from here. This gives brief directions for using Win32DiskImager to burn a new SD card.

PS. The Z-wave devices aren't stored on the SD, so you won't lose any of that.

Comment

Thanks zwolfpack. It fell under the rule of "If it isn't broke then dont fix it" That was until lightening helped let the smoke out of 75% of my zwave devices. Looking forward to trying these new switches out.

Comment

Working...
      X