X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow Device Feature Request

Jon,

I have found that using shadowing speeds up device response when a motion detector is triggered. I currently use DooMotion, a plug-in I would not do without. The way that I use DooMotion is to trigger a device in its custom action code for the motion detector, and then turn off devices when occupancy goes vacant.

I would like to use ACRF to trigger the device (and would like more pages) but I would like a check box to only trigger at night (between sunset and sunrise) What do you think?

Michael

I'll have to think about how to do something like that. Shadowing is fast because of the low-level nature of it...

Originally posted by MRTaylor
    Jon,

I have found that using shadowing speeds up device response when a motion detector is triggered. I currently use DooMotion, a plug-in I would not do without. The way that I use DooMotion is to trigger a device in its custom action code for the motion detector, and then turn off devices when occupancy goes vacant.

I would like to use ACRF to trigger the device (and would like more pages) but I would like a check box to only trigger at night (between sunset and sunrise) What do you think?

Michael
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Just call me "Oliver Twist"

Originally posted by MRTaylor
      Jon,

I have found that using shadowing speeds up device response ... ... ...

... ... ... (and would like more pages) ... ... ...
      Michael
      Jon, shadowing is really and truly a GREAT feature.

Like Michael above, and like Oliver Twist, I'd like to add my own "More please!" to shadowing.

Once you've used it a bit then nine shadows and two items just don't seem enough!

Cheers.

Comment

Me too.

Add me to the list of "more shadowing" please.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

It is next on my list after I finish Digimax support.

Originally posted by jasv
          Add me to the list of "more shadowing" please.
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com
          (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Where do I find info on digimax?

I did a search on the forum for digimax and found that it is a thermostat but it seems to only be available outside the US. More concerning (but probably not really an issue) is that all of the links I clicked are dead. Does anyone know a good website to get more info and is it avaiable/usable in the US?
            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
            X