This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap device - New Feature Request

So, I just swaped out one of my switches, which was the master of a three way. After I pressed the 'swap device' button in the pulgin, it updated all the links in the PLM and it even re-linked the slave switch to it for local control of the three way! Great.

But, it also seemed to delete and re-create the HS device. This causes the device to drop out of all events that it was in. A real pain to go around and find all the events that had this switch in.

Is there any way to change this to keep the HS device? It would be most helpful....

I agree. If this feature could be added to the Swap Device function, it would be very much appreciated.

I just replaced 2 switches that died after about 9 months of use, and about 3/4 of my events must now be reconfigured.

And what's even worse is that if the device that was replaced was in an event action that contained other devices, the entire action was lost, not just the individual device.

It will require a significant amount of time for me to rework all of the affected events.

Comment

I also requested this about a month ago - but would like it to be integrated generally into HS rather than just on the Insteon plug-in side, as over time, I am replacing X-10 devices with INsteon, and also had to manually go through each event and swap them out.

Also, very time consuming, when you go to Devices and Select View Event References for a specific device to do this swapping within the events, it throws you back to the general event screen after each save, requiring you to go around in a circle for each edit and re-filter to get back to the event screen showing that device.

CAN YOU TELL ME IF deleting an Insteon Device from within the Insteon Manage Device screen deletes the entire event, as you mentioned? What steps cause this - I just deleted 3 devices Friday - not sure if that means I lost numerous events tied to these? or just these devices within that event - ?

Comment

bump - Jon?
        HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by MattPond View Post
          And what's even worse is that if the device that was replaced was in an event action that contained other devices, the entire action was lost, not just the individual device.
          Are we any closer to having a solution to this yet? It was a problem again today when I had to replace a switch that died. I've been able to manually tweak the config database, but it's not an ideal situation.

Originally posted by sca View Post
          CAN YOU TELL ME IF deleting an Insteon Device from within the Insteon Manage Device screen deletes the entire event, as you mentioned? What steps cause this - I just deleted 3 devices Friday - not sure if that means I lost numerous events tied to these? or just these devices within that event - ?
          Swapping a device from within the plugin deletes causes the replacement device to have a different device ID in the HomeSeer database, and any event actions that have a reference to the old device ID are deleted. So the event itself remains, but the individual event action is deleted (including any other devices in that same action).

--Matt

Comment

Working...
          X