• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to add zwave device to the Z-Net

1. Connect long ethernet cable.
    2. Connect battery.
    3. Get close the device.
    4. Press add device on Z-Tool+
    5. Watch "Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device..." scroll.
    6. Press the add button on the device.
    7. Watch "Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device..." scroll.
    8. Eventually see:
    Error reported in the Add Node response object - Add Node failed.
    Error: Error reported in the Add Node response object - Add Node failed.

The LED on the Z-Net is green, in case that means anything.

Here are the logs:

Jan-21 5:06:02 PM Z-Wave Error Error reported in the Add Node response object - Add Node failed.
    Jan-21 5:06:00 PM Energy DB Info All energy database compacting routines completed.
    Jan-21 5:06:00 PM Energy DB Info No Records. Vacuuming database to condense.
    Jan-21 5:06:00 PM Energy DB Info Energy database compaction initiated.
    Jan-21 5:04:24 PM Z-Wave Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.
    Jan-21 5:04:24 PM Z-Wave Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 0
    Jan-21 5:04:24 PM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
    Jan-21 5:04:24 PM Z-Wave Found 1 Z-Wave nodes
    Jan-21 5:04:24 PM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave node list for network C44C8285...
    Jan-21 5:03:01 PM Z-Wave Error Error, the Add Node response object is null and a normal ending was not reported - Add Node failed.
    Jan-21 5:02:33 PM Z-Wave Warning A Z-Wave interface on the system is being restarted - some Z-Wave signals could be missed.
    Jan-21 5:02:13 PM Z-Wave Error Error, the Add Node response object is null and a normal ending was not reported - Add Node failed.
    Jan-21 5:00:57 PM Z-Wave Warning A Z-Wave interface on the system is being restarted - some Z-Wave signals could be missed.
    Jan-21 5:00:43 PM Z-Wave Error Error reported in the Add Node response object - Add Node failed.
    Jan-21 4:59:16 PM Z-Wave Z-Net is the SIS for the network.
    Jan-21 4:59:16 PM Z-Wave Z-Net There is a SUC/SIS in the network.
    Jan-21 4:59:16 PM Z-Wave Z-Net Controller is static lib.
    Jan-21 4:59:16 PM Z-Wave Z-Net Controller chip type is ZW050x.
    Jan-21 4:59:16 PM Z-Wave The interface's security support has been set.
    Jan-21 4:59:16 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave PC Controller is Type: Static Controller
    Jan-21 4:59:16 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave PC Controller Library Version: Z-Wave 4.05 (ZDK 6.51.6)
    Jan-21 4:59:16 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Found 1 Z-Wave nodes in interface node ID 1 (Z-Net)
    Jan-21 4:59:16 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave interface node ID: 1, Home ID: C44C8285
    Jan-21 4:59:16 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Z-Wave Serial API version: 5
    Jan-21 4:59:16 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Controller firmware version: 4.32
    Jan-21 4:59:16 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Controller Manufacturer: Express Controls, ID=0x2, Type=0x5
    Jan-21 4:59:13 PM Z-Wave Z-Net: Getting node information from controller...

Can you try doing a remove/exclude first or see if that gives any messages. I always remove the device first to confirm it was not part of another network and it also normally at least give a confirmation message in HS that the device was removed.

Jeff

Comment

You may want to remove the new device before trying to add it to the network. I have seen where the device still thinks it belongs to another network.

Bob

Comment

Thank you, that was it exactly.

I know many of us are DIY tinkerers, but I need just a bit of a step up in the user guide game of the Homeseer products. Many simple things like this you have to discover yourself or come to the forums. Maybe I just don't see it, but I learned about the Z-Tool+ from a Homeseer switch I bought, not from the user guide of the Z-net.

Comment

Working...
        X