GEM failure, now problems with the plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GEM failure, now problems with the plug-in

The 5-volt power supply for my GEM failed in the middle of the night Sunday night. This caused the GEM to fail to boot. I replaced the power supply getting the GEM to work again, but the plug-in was no longer getting data with the watchdog timer showing no connection and attempting a reconnect every few seconds. After exhausting every possibility to do with the GEM hardware and Ethernet connection, I rolled back HomeSeer to a backup taken at midnight Saturday night. This restored connection of the plug-in and the devices now update. Unfortunately the log is filled with errors:

Oct-06 12:55:48 PM 1 Error System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. at HSPI_ULTRAECM3.Device.processPacket(UInt32 seconds, UInt64[] wattSeconds, UInt16 volt, UInt64[] pulseCounters, Double[] tempSensors)
    Oct-06 12:55:48 PM 1 Error System.OverflowException
    Oct-06 12:55:43 PM 1 Error System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. at HSPI_ULTRAECM3.Device.processPacket(UInt32 seconds, UInt64[] wattSeconds, UInt16 volt, UInt64[] pulseCounters, Double[] tempSensors)
    Oct-06 12:55:43 PM 1 Error System.OverflowException
    Oct-06 12:55:38 PM 1 Error System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. at HSPI_ULTRAECM3.Device.processPacket(UInt32 seconds, UInt64[] wattSeconds, UInt16 volt, UInt64[] pulseCounters, Double[] tempSensors)
    Oct-06 12:55:38 PM 1 Error System.OverflowException

I restored the HomeSeer database to today's version so that I didn't lose events I had edited, but the errors continue.

I sent a couple of emails.

Is there any way I can get the errors to stop, or are there any ideas what could be corrupted causing the GEM to be unable to communicate?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

There's a bad batch of power supplies that came with the GEMs. You need at least 2 amps if I recall to have Both the COMMS and ENG running. If its less than the COMMS wont work and you wont be able to connect.
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Working...
    X