This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jon, I will check it out.

I think I am a believer in the database as the problem I was having. I moved all of the unused plug-in dll files out of the root directory and cleaned out the config, html and scripts directories off unused files. Now I am seeing that there is one script associated with snevlCID that is trying to run and can't be found. The only place where that call could be made from is from within the database. I don't use snevlCID anymore. I would like to edit the database to get rid of this problem.

Now with all of the junk out of the way I am seeing an average of 16% CPU with the HS2Gateway.exe running and no spikes. It seems very stable now.

I would like to get into the database and clean it up. Who knows what else I might find.

Pete, I moved a copy of the mdb file to another computer with the viewer/editor software and it is asking for a password. I will try to edit it on the HS2 machine. Nope - that didn't work either. It still wants a password. I will try a new database to see if it requires a password also.

Does anyone know the password---if there is one??
    Last edited by noopara; August 14, 2016, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Thinking it was something really simple like homeseer / default. I remember it coming up as an issue. Try a search on the Homeseer forum.

If the issue is directly relating to the Homeseer DB then as stated a proper shutdown of Homeseer will make the DB accessible with no username or password.

Originally here my issues related to saving DB's of weather stuff and they did get really large around the end of HS2 stuff.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
        Michael - Are you running only HS3 now with your Stargate as your I/O handler?
        I do still have HS2 running, but it is not doing much. The main reason it's still there is to interface to my two RCS serial thermostats. I plan to replace them later this year with Ecobee3s. Once that's done I'll probably shut HS2 down for good. SG and HS3 talk to one another over a serial link, exchanging ASCII messages. That's been extremely reliable. I wish I'd done that from the beginning and skipped the SG plug-in.

As you probably recall, I use JSON to allow HS2 to control HS3, and the HS2 Rover plug-in to allow HS3 to control HS2. That combination is working very well too. It's very fast. I highly recommend it.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Michael,

Hmmm...you may have mentioned about json and the rover applications before, but it sure doesn't ring any bells for me...two many cob webs in the bell tower...

Tell me more. Where can I get some info on these?

-- greg

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Thinking it was something really simple like homeseer / default. I remember it coming up as an issue. Try a search on the Homeseer forum.

If the issue is directly relating to the Homeseer DB then as stated a proper shutdown of Homeseer will make the DB accessible with no username or password.

Originally here my issues related to saving DB's of weather stuff and they did get really large around the end of HS2 stuff.
            Pete - I have not been able to crack the password.

You mention "proper shutdown" How would I know if it is a proper shutdown? Maybe that's the problem. My database is about 1.3Mb. I have no idea if that is a typical size or not.

Comment

Shutdown Homeseer and then make a copy of the database. Then try to open that.
              Jon

Comment

That worked! Thanks. I can see the database now. This is going to take a while.

Comment

Working...
                X