X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A request for a new Filter option

Hi Jon

i was thinking about something today.
    as homeseer uses FLOOR, ROOM,NAME,ADRESS,ETC is it possible that you can create a sort of new filter where i can assign my utility's ?
    many people use floor as the utility , but i cant now

Like i use floor and room , and i have everything voice controlled since i have the pir sensors, i have a problem..
    they are configured in floor , room,and name . but its to much filtering for other devices what are also in the same room and floor..
    and i always need to filter the device type's and there are so many different ones....

and putting the location/floor in the name looks silly..

if we have another filter named: utility , that would be save a lot of configurations.
    Last edited by Malosa; August 1, 2016, 03:18 AM. Reason: CHange the title to specific now
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

As 'Utility' does not exist, you would have to ask HST to add this to the Device Management page and update the device class. I very much doubt they would consider this as you already have Location, Location2 and Name as filters already.
    Jon

Comment

ok , thanks for the reply

how can i set it up more logical ?
      or better search for a script like Adam said to change the device type.. but does it affect the events or scripts ?

regards

Comment

It may affect them.

The only thing I can think of is to use the 'UserNote' device class for your utility entry. It would only be available to view if I added it as an optional column on my device list viewer utility.
        Jon

Comment

i can try to use your device list viewer maybe it work with that ofcourse.

as optional i found this script , i have an test server and i want to try if it affects my scripts , but i need to know how to add the device type

its now on location 2 , but i want to try to clear my device type and rename them after it, if it doesnt work i will try your device list viewer.

Code:
          Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)

Try
                  'run through the enumerator, remove the location two strings
                  Dim dv As Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass
                  Dim EN As Scheduler.Classes.clsDeviceEnumeration

EN = hs.GetDeviceEnumerator

Do
                      dv = EN.GetNext
                      If dv Is Nothing Then Continue Do
                      If dv.location2(Nothing) <> Nothing Then
                          hs.writelog("Device Clear", "Device: " & dv.Name(Nothing) & " Has Location 2: " & dv.location2(Nothing))
                          dv.Location2(hs) = Nothing
                      End If
                  Loop Until EN.Finished

Catch ex As Exception : hs.writelog("Device Clear", "Exception: " & ex.message)
              End Try

End Sub

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          It may affect them.

The only thing I can think of is to use the 'UserNote' device class for your utility entry. It would only be available to view if I added it as an optional column on my device list viewer utility.

Comment

Floor and room are not fixed and can be changed to represent what ever logical naming conventions you want apply. I know you understand this but I am trying to understand the use case were floor is critical to you. I do appreciate the statement on voice control but I am missing something or is the rework too great to justify the changes?

This was recently discussed as a question for best practices and as I indicated I use room and function as location 1 and location 2 respectively. I live a two story house, but all rooms are uniquely identified, floor as grouping was not good uses of resources whereby, function as a grouping would reap more usability.

Comment

ok , i understand now

at floor i have first floor , and in name i have the name pir 1 and location i have Livingroom .

like with my voice command i could say , tell me the status of the pir on the second floor in the master bedroom

or tell me all the status of the pir devices on the second floor or third or fourth floor.

also with my script it can say to me when there is an error , if its on the first floor or second floor and room and pir number, and even the battery status. so its very specific.

thats why i was asking for something i can use , but i think if there is no option for it i will need to get rid of the floors and use it for the utility like PIR

so Mrhappy came up with an idea to change the device type names that would do it .

Comment

Working...
              X