Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event to turn off some lights and leave others on

Hi,

I am trying to create an event where I set a virtual occupancy device to "Bedtime" and it turns off all my indoor lights but leaves my outdoor lights on. All the lights are controlled by Z-Wave switches. I looked at the Z-Wave actions in the event and there is only All OFF or All ON. Is there a way to turn only some lights off without having to specify each light? Maybe a virtual device?

Thanks,
    Andy

Originally posted by ando1 View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to create an event where I set a virtual occupancy device to "Bedtime" and it turns off all my indoor lights but leaves my outdoor lights on. All the lights are controlled by Z-Wave switches. I looked at the Z-Wave actions in the event and there is only All OFF or All ON. Is there a way to turn only some lights off without having to specify each light? Maybe a virtual device?

Thanks,
    Andy

You will have to create groups by rooms,outside,backyard,............ect then call upon those events from within other events.

Look at my event examples below :

Eman.
    Attached Files
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by ando1 View Post
      I am trying to create an event where I set a virtual occupancy device to "Bedtime" and it turns off all my indoor lights but leaves my outdoor lights on.
      As Eman notes, there is no shortcut.

(If you were using UPB, it's easier, but still tedious.) I have an event named 'All Inside Lights On', another named 'All Inside Lights Off', one named 'All Outside Lights On', one named 'All Outside Lights Off'. Those events call scripts and other events. How you do it will depend on your own preferences and the characteristics of the devices you have installed.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Eman and Uncle,

I was hoping there would be a better way. I have started creating groups of lights and it seems to work well.

Andy

Comment

Working...
        X