No announcement yet.

Everspring ST814 temp/humidity sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have noticed that the log doesn't report all changes. Here it just updated the temperature, yet the Devices page shows both Temp and Humidity dates have changed.

9/2/2012 8:30:41 AM Z-Wave Z-Wave WakeUp 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 42
    9/2/2012 8:30:39 AM Device Update Device: Z-Wave Climate Humidor Temp value set to 69.8 (6980/F)
    9/2/2012 8:30:38 AM Z-Wave Z-Wave WakeUp Notification from Node 42

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1166960
    I think you are correct that the wakeup is what is causing it to report at all - quick test would be to place it in a fridge sometime after its 2 hour wakeup has occured.

Comment

I have a ST814 Temp/Humidity Detector and I can not get it included into my Zwave network. The Ztroller detects and gives it a node, however, when I try to import the device it will not import. I have tried this more times than I wish to number. I have tried to fiddle and rescan, try to get the Ztroller to pickup the node again, delete and try again. I have finally quit as I do not know what else to do. It worked once for a short time, then quit. - Gary

Comment

Originally posted by jgary View Post
        I have a ST814 Temp/Humidity Detector and I can not get it included into my Zwave network. The Ztroller detects and gives it a node, however, when I try to import the device it will not import. I have tried this more times than I wish to number. I have tried to fiddle and rescan, try to get the Ztroller to pickup the node again, delete and try again. I have finally quit as I do not know what else to do. It worked once for a short time, then quit. - Gary

Comment

Frank I tried that so many times my fingers were blue. I was really disappointed in this device. I think it is going up for sale soon.

Comment

Frank I tried that so many times my fingers were blue. I was really disappointed in this device. I think it is going up for sale soon.
            As has been mentioned several times you need to use the add node option from the Z-Wave management page to include this device.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ya, welcome to my world. Every experience I have had with Z-wave is the same. The good news seems to be once you get it working, it stays working. Like a tight family... hard to get in, hard to get out.

-BD

Comment

Everspring support?

Hi All,

After weeks and weeks of trying to eak out any kind of reasonable battery life I'm forced to assume my ST814 is defective. I just cannot get more than 4 weeks of battery life out of 3 new AA batteries no matter what I do to the configuration.

Unfortunately it's taken a few months to work this out. This means HomeSeer doesn't help with support (i.e. more than 30 days). Anyone have an idea as to exactly which company is Everspring? I tried to hunt them down (google, www.everspring.com, etc) however it's not clear if this is them. I'd like to try and get a replacement, wishful thinking? Hopefully not.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Jeff

Comment

Company http://www.everspringindustry.com/index.asp

ST814 http://www.everspringindustry.com/Pr...teUIDList=0,83

Regards
                  Morten

Comment

Has anyone hardwire these things? Mine are in locals where I could easily attach a power adapter. I am wondering if I can configure the firmware to be always on in that case.
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by Olbrit View Post
                      I have 6 of the ST814's reporting every 24 minutes. About the same battery life as Sooty says and the same bunch of 'aborting Z-Wave send' messages in the log that I totally ignore as the devices are reporting 100% fine for a year plus now - very happy with them.

Rupp's right, the temp and humid reading vary between units, so I sat all the ST814s side by side and noted temp & humid readings as many times as I could over 2 or 3 days, then picked one ST814 as my 'master' and calculated average offsets per ST814, per temp & per humid readings. I was using Jon00's excelling Graphing Utility and asked him to consider adding an offset feature, which he kindly did, and so when I graphed the 12 readings (6 temp, 6 humid), they were approximately normalized - certainly not to NIST standards, but good enough for me. I used the same offsets when I created Events. (The additional HVAC temp reading is from my TZ43 Thermostat that compares well with the closeby ST814 Lounge data).
                      Did you have to do anything special to get the humidity to work??
                      I have the
                      Everspring ST814 added in homeseer, and it has devices listed, and the temp works, but the humidity is displaying 0 in homeseer

Comment

I've just responded to this thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184281

Comment

Originally posted by Olbrit View Post
                          I have 6 of the ST814's reporting every 24 minutes. About the same battery life as Sooty says and the same bunch of 'aborting Z-Wave send' messages in the log that I totally ignore as the devices are reporting 100% fine for a year plus now - very happy with them.

Rupp's right, the temp and humid reading vary between units, so I sat all the ST814s side by side and noted temp & humid readings as many times as I could over 2 or 3 days, then picked one ST814 as my 'master' and calculated average offsets per ST814, per temp & per humid readings. I was using Jon00's excelling Graphing Utility and asked him to consider adding an offset feature, which he kindly did, and so when I graphed the 12 readings (6 temp, 6 humid), they were approximately normalized - certainly not to NIST standards, but good enough for me. I used the same offsets when I created Events. (The additional HVAC temp reading is from my TZ43 Thermostat that compares well with the closeby ST814 Lounge data).
                          Not to kick a old post, BUT what charting plug in are you using for the 814 temp charting?

Comment

Working...
                          X