Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having problems? Follow these steps first.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having problems? Follow these steps first.

While I certainly aim to have bug-free software, the inevitable glitch in computer programming is almost a certainty given enough users and enough time. And so this plugin comes with a couple of features that will help you help me if you do run into a problem.

Here's what works best, assuming your situation allows for this:

1. Turn your file logging to TRACE.
    Note that there are 2 log settings: the HomeSeer Log level and the Plugin Log level. For the purposes of me understanding what's happening, I strongly prefer the Plugin Log (a text file written to your Logs subdirectory under your HS3 installation folder).

If you can't get to that screen because of a problem with startup or the config page itself, you can always disable the plugin, open the plugin's INI file (in the Config subdirectory) and set the value of LogLevelFile to 6, then start the plugin back up.

2. Capture the offending behavior.
    Make sure you give the plugin time to get started up and wait at least 30 seconds for the first update to go through before you try issuing commands - this insures I'll have the necessary data to understand your thermostat's status in the log file.

3. Turn the log file level back to your preferred setting.
    Turning logging up to TRACE will definitely have an impact on performance, so be sure and turn it back off once you've captured the offending behavior.

4. Zip up the log file.
    It could be pretty big, depending on how long you had to run it to catch the problem in the act.

5. Provide a data dump from your device.
    On the primary root device where the problem is occurring, go into the properties and copy the data from the "Honeywell Lyric" tab. There's a good chance this is included in the log file if you followed the instructions above, but better safe than sorry and this also lets me see how HomeSeer is handling the data it receives.

6. Post your problem.
    Create a new thread in this forum for your problem, and include the following:
    • HS Version
    • Plugin version
    • Description of the problem
    • HS3 Server OS
    • Lyric device & model
    • Log file
    • Data dump

I'll work with you on the issue, and once resolved, will close the thread. If you have portions of that you would rather not post on the forum, you can send attachments to me via email (steve at skware net).

Thanks in advance for helping me help you!
    Last edited by shill; December 14, 2017, 01:56 PM.

429, Too Many Requests

The plug-in has a built-in API Key and Secret, but some users have reported “429 Too Many Requests” errors from Honeywell, which may be linked to the number of plugin users on that key without Honeywell increasing the limits. Unfortunately, they are unresponsive to requests to increase it. To avoid those errors, optional fields to use your own API account have been provided (see Appendix 2 in the Plug-in Documentation for instructions on how to set this up). For those who have already connected their accounts, a reconnect will be required if this approach is used, but no devices or events will be affected.

Setting up your own API Key and Secret is highly recommended.

Comment

400, Device Not Found

If you're getting errors in your log when trying to control your Lyric Thermostat and the response from the HTTP request to Honeywell is "400, Device Not Found", this issue has been around for a couple of years now with no response or help from Honeywell, but has recently been figured out by a group of enterprising developers in response to a post I had made in a Honeywell support forum for another product entirely (since Lyric doesn't have anything for the developers...).

This error appears to happen when you have a registered Honeywell API app with a name that includes spaces or punctuation. In 4.1.2.0 I have changed to using a new API key that's named accordingly. If you are using the recommended approach of a personal API key, you'll want to create a new one with a name like "lyricplugin<your name>" or something like that (mine is "lyricpluginshill", for example).

Previously the advice was something like "Lyric Plugin for HomeSeer - Your Name", which worked originally but they have since changed something in their system that broke this and decided it wasn't important to a) tell anyone, b) change their app registration process to enforce it, c) fix the problem, or d) respond to any questions or complaints from the community.

Comment

Working...
      X