Clear All

UltraM1G HSPI - Feature Requests

Post your feature requests here.

Outstanding feature requests:
    • Add ethernet support using the Elk M1XEP [complete]
    • Add thermostat support [complete]
    • Added the ability to change the Elk M1XEP non-secure port [complete]
    • Add watchdog timer [complete]
    • Detect when the ELKRP connects to the Elk M1 panel and provide a HomeSeer trigger for this event [complete]
    • Add support for reading and writing the "Custom Settings" stored in the Elk M1 [complete]
    • Add support for Elk M1 Lighting [complete]
    • Display different status icon for zones defined as Non Alarm [complete]
    • Add option to set temperrature polling interval [Not needed, newer Elk Firmware sends temperature changes]
    • Trigger event based on user disarming system [complete]
    • Add an Elk M1 Timesync Action [complete]
    • Trigger event based on System Trouble Status [complete, requires firmware > 4.5.2, 5.1.2]
    • Add Zone and Output names to triggers, conditions and actions. [complete]
    • Speak words and phases via scripting interface. [complete]
    • Add support to use custom keypad codes (6 digits) or Weigand data cards to trigger HomeSeer events. [complete]
    • Add GetZoneStatusEx, GetOutputStatusEx to scripting API. [complete]
    • Add Elk Lighting dimming support. [complete]
    • Add the ability to create for more than 99 inputs, outpus and ligthing HomeSeer devices. [complete]
    • Add HomeSeer device that tracks last user action (arm|disarm). [complete]
    • Add support for counters.[complete]

• Add ability to create an input and output device for each keypad.
    • When adding HomeSeer devices for thermostats, make it so each of the thermostat items can be added individually.
    • Add an option to allow the UltraM1G plug-in to reload data from the Elk M1 when the ElkRP software disconnects.
    • Force a re-sync after the ElkRP disconnections.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by Ultrajones; December 4, 2010, 04:12 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Counter Support - Previously posted the request in a different thread...
    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

I checked with Elk Tech Support and there is no way to get access to the 64 counters using the ASCII Protocol. However, they do allow access to the 20 custom values that can be of type "number", "timer" or "time of day". I'll add access to those 20 custom values.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ability to "turn off" the humidity column for thermostats that don't have that sensor.

Is there any way to figure out if the thermostat has "tripped" and is calling for heat/cold?

Is there a way to trigger a "Test your connection" event other than on the elk? Something like "There was a power failure, trigger event to have alarm call the central station with a test call"?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          I checked with Elk Tech Support and there is no way to get access to the 64 counters using the ASCII Protocol. However, they do allow access to the 20 custom values that can be of type "number", "timer" or "time of day". I'll add access to those 20 custom values.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Thanks for checking ultra! the custom values sound like they will do the same thing, so will look forward to that change!

Regards,
          Toby
          HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

How about a "Thermostat heat/cold setpoint > Degree" type of plugin event/trigger?

Would help keep the thermostat within a normal range when the kids decide to heat the place up to 80

Comment

karib

You can do that now. Just use event and if Value of heatsetpoint > 80 then...

I do that now to monitor changes and also reset the thermostat to whatever.

Works like a charm

Comment

Is there any way to control lighting directly through the Ultra M1 plug-in? I can control lighting through M1 tasks but that is rather inflexible and roundabout. Specifically, I would like to control Insteon devices (primarily lighting) hooked up to my M1.

Comment

Originally posted by danschwinn View Post
                  Is there any way to control lighting directly through the Ultra M1 plug-in? I can control lighting through M1 tasks but that is rather inflexible and roundabout. Specifically, I would like to control Insteon devices (primarily lighting) hooked up to my M1.
                  The support hasn't been added yet. What Insteon device do I need to purchase in order to do this? I already have an Elk M1XSP and tons of Insteon switches and modules.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

You would need an Elk M1XSP (Serial expander) plus a serial PowerLink like the 2414s (if my memory is working on the smarthome part number)

Firmware would need to be upgraded to the Insteon version for the serial expander

Comment

Using Elk Speakers to anounce homeseer events etc

Is there a script or, any other way to take advantage of elk speakers such that event anouncement from homeseer are sent to this speakers.

I am not sure if this is possible but if it is, I would like to know how.

Thanks.

Comment

Could anyone let me know if this plugin allows you to send and receive X10 commands via the ELK panels X10 interface ?

Also has the ethernet connectivity been implemented ?

Thanks..Pete
                        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I dont know about the x10 for sure, but it doesnt look like it. I could be wrong though as I dont have a need to use it.

As far as the ethernet, yes. Working very well.

All I need now is hs.execx10 control of outputs and I am good to go. (hint hint)

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
                            Could anyone let me know if this plugin allows you to send and receive X10 commands via the ELK panels X10 interface ?

Also has the ethernet connectivity been implemented ?

Thanks..Pete
                            I tried adding X10 via the Elk M1 panel, but couldn't get it working. Can I add this via a serial port expander (ELK M1XSP)? If so, do you have a part number for the X10 module so I can purchase the part?

Yes, ethernet connectivity has been implemented. I have been running it 24 x 7 for about a month without issues.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by bola09 View Post
                              Is there a script or, any other way to take advantage of elk speakers such that event anouncement from homeseer are sent to this speakers.

I am not sure if this is possible but if it is, I would like to know how.

Thanks.
                              The Elk doesn't have a text to speach engine, but you can create events via the Plug-in to have it speak any of the phrases or works loaded in the Elk M1.

Comment

Working...
                              X