All-In-One Mobile UI ... iPhone, Windows Mobile, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All-In-One Mobile UI ... iPhone, Windows Mobile, etc

Package Name: All-In-One Mobile Control Center (aka AIO)

Version: 1.0

Release Date: 10/25/2009

Author: Aaron Levey

Description:
    This is made to be a quick all in one interface that is formatted to work on small
    touchscreens like iPhone and Windows Mobile devices. It will work on nearly any browser
    since most code is classic ASP and basic HTML/CSS

It is quick and simple to customize to your rooms and devices.

Disclaimer:
    This package is NOT provided with any guarantee or warranty.
    Use at your own risk... now have fun!

Package Requirements:
    Homeseer 1.x or 2.0

Package Instruction:
    Copy all package contents into the HTML folder in your HomeSeer installation directory.

Package Contents:

aio.asp
    - use this in your browser)
    aio.css
    - style sheet for formatting, you can mod this if you want different formatting)
    Images folder
    - background and dimbar images plus other icons, you can change to any image or none - extra animated GIFs are included
    webcontrols.asp
    - Does all the dirty work. Don't mess with this unless you know what you are doing. If you make cool mods please share with the community

Usage:

Homeseer setup...
    For each scene/event you want to control via the aio.asp, you must setup a Virtual or Status Only device. This device will store the status of the button to ensure it displays the proper state of the event/scene.

Editing the aio.asp...
    You must edit the AIO.ASP for your devices and events
    - All devices are called by 'Location' 'Device Name'
    - ToggleCommandButton (Display Text on Button,Device in HS used for status,Event to trigger when button is Clicked ON,Event to trigger when button is Clicked OFF)

Known Issues:
    -none-
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ; December 14, 2009, 06:16 PM.

I'm getting this error?

Script error: Type mismatch: 'ToggleCommandButton'

response.write Cstr( ToggleCommandButton("Default", "House Lighting Status", "Default", "Sleep"))
    response.write Cstr( ToggleCommandButton("Default", "House Lighting Status", "Default", "Sleep"))
    John

Comment

It is looking for an event that does not exist in your setup.

You need to edit the aio.asp for you devices and events.

I have added a Readme.txt and updated the first post with the instructions

Comment

Can I just edit the first command to get an ideal of how this works?

This is what I have in the asp page

ToggleCommandButton("Sunroom", "Heat", "Heat Sunroom", "Heat SunroomOff")%>
        ToggleCommandButton("Heat Sunrom", "Heat", "Heat SunroomOff", "Heat Sunroom")%>

but this is what shows up in the page when served.

cript error: Type mismatch: 'ToggleCommandButton'

response.write Cstr( ToggleCommandButton("Sunroom", "Heat", "Heat Sunroom", "Heat SunroomOff"))
        response.write Cstr( ToggleCommandButton("Sunroom", "Heat", "Heat Sunroom", "Heat SunroomOff"))
        John

Comment

I forgot to mention you will need a device in HS to store the value. Just create a Status Only device. Call it 'Heat' and this should work

you have this as...

Display Text on Button = Sunroom
          Device in HS used for status = Heat
          Event to trigger when button is Clicked ON = Heat Sunroom
          Event to trigger when button is Clicked OFF = Heat SunroomOff

so ensure you have events for both ON and OFF functions

Comment

I have a device called heat. Its is not status only device though. Does that matter?
            John

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
              I have a device called heat. Its is not status only device though. Does that matter?
              Should not matter... I use this interface daily on HS2 (previously used it on HS 1.7)
              - not sure what is different on your end.

Comment

I downloaded this script and tried it out as well. I've been using Rover but was looking for something a little more updated. Thanks for the post.

I found some issues with the included files and instructions -

First, the aio.asp file has a path for the included webcontrol.asp file in a folder that doesn't exist and isn't in the instructions:

include virtual="/ip/webcontrol.asp"

Notice the subfolder /ip/ which doesn't exist in my homeseer install and isn't included in the zip file. I removed the /ip/ from this line. Otherwise you generate the error the other poster mentioned above.

It also appears that there is a line of 'garbage characters' at the end of the webcontrol.asp file that get included in the html. I thought maybe this was just me and downloaded the zip file and extracted it again, but I still got the same thing at the end of webcontrol.asp. I had to manually delete this junk. Can you check the zip?

Another problem in the webcontrol.asp was the image path included in the file:

strIconPath = "/icons/devices/" ' Sets path for your icons

This path doesn't exist in the archive (there is no devices folder) so the path is wrong if you extract everything by the instructions. I edited this line to say:

strIconPath = "Images/icons/" ' Sets path for your icons

These paths probably exists on the original posters system hence the errors others are receiving.

With a little detective work you can make this script work well.

Comment

In the webcontrol.asp page there is also a bug in the 'ImageFromStatus' function.

When the device type resolves to unknown in the function the image path is set to 'unknown.gif' without appending the strIconPath so that the path resolves to /html/unknown.gif which doesn't exist. Leaves a lot of errors in the Homeseer log (if you have an unknown device).

In that function code block replace the 2 instances of
                  strTemp = "unknown.gif"
                  with
                  strTemp = strIconPath + "unknown.gif"

This will provide the correct path.

Comment

mterry63,
                    nice catches... I have fixed the issues you mention - I have update the ZIP with the fixes you pointed.

Thanks for helping and please let me know if you find anything else!
                    Last edited by ; December 14, 2009, 06:16 PM.

Comment

bump for a nice UI - I use this daily

Comment

Hello, I am starting to work with this kind of devices, I have a Pro100 device, in the about page it reads:

HomeSeer Version: Professional Edition 2.5.0.52

will this script work with this version of home seer? I have read the instructions and followed the tips, but I got this error:

Script error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A000D

response.write Cstr( ToggleCommandButton("Lamp", "Lamp1", "LampOn", "LamparotaOff"))
                        response.write Cstr( ToggleCommandButton("Lamp", "Lamp1", "LampOn", "LamparotaOff"))

Any ideas?

Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                        X