No announcement yet.

ISY Insteon 1.0.2.31 RC10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 1.0.2.25 RC4 released. I should have known better than to try and add something and expect it to work first time.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Hi Bob,

I just upgraded to 1.0.2.25 and added a couple of new SynchroLincs at the same time. The SynchroLincs show up on the HomeSeer status page as "Sensor / Actuator V3.0(9)". However they do not show up in the list of ISY Devices for Event Triggers. They do show up in standard Device Triggers.

Also, not important but a minor cosmetic suggestion, would it be possible to make the "ISY Insteon Thermostats" link only appear if the plugin detects that you have a thermostat? Or perhaps it could be configurable via the ISY plugin configuration page?

Thanks v much!
      David

Comment

Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback!

SmartHome has not released any developer information on the SynchoLincs so I was waiting for that before working on support of it. But since it's been a shipping product, I guess I've waited long enough. I added in some support based on what I know. I don't have one yet, but I'll order one so that I have one to test with.

Originally posted by drule View Post
        Also, not important but a minor cosmetic suggestion, would it be possible to make the "ISY Insteon Thermostats" link only appear if the plugin detects that you have a thermostat? Or perhaps it could be configurable via the ISY plugin configuration page?
        Ok, I think this is done-ish. It's a little hard to test since I have the thermostat, but I did add a check so that it shouldn't display the link unless a thermostat is configured. The downside is that it will require a plug-in restart to get the link if you add a thermostat. Right now all that happens at plug-in initialization time, I'll see if I can change that to be more dynamic.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hi Bob,

Having a few issues not sure if they are related to your plugin or not.

a few bits of background info, I am using:
          1: ISY Insteon 1.0.2.23
          2: ISY Firmware 2.8.16
          3: I have 5 Thermostats all Venstar 2441V V9.1
          4: HSTserver 1.0.0.33

1) When I use the thermostat commands in HST they dont do anything. I am reffering to the "Next Operating Mode", "next fan Mode", "Raise set point", "lower set point" etc
          2) All Thermostats do report changes to HS when the devices are controlled locally or with the ISY admin page, and your plugin status pages reflect as well
          3) All of the thermostats respond and status is updated in HS for HSP CSP, Current temp, and mode. However Fan status does not update in HS.
          4) when I use your Thermostat control screen from HS it has no effect, it allows me to select and change an option, (mode, fan mode, etc) however when I click save no physical changes happen.

There are a few more quirks, but I think this would be a good starting point.

thanks in advance for your help

Comment

I've been fixing some problems with triggers, but I'll look at the thermostat issues next.

Originally posted by mbrett View Post
            Hi Bob,
            1) When I use the thermostat commands in HST they dont do anything. I am reffering to the "Next Operating Mode", "next fan Mode", "Raise set point", "lower set point" etc
            I'm not familiar with the HST, so can you clarify what "Next Operating Mode" is suppose to do? Based on the HS Thermostat API, the only thing I can think of is that it should cycle through the thermostats and get the current mode for each.

I'll have to do a bit more research on the thermostat API, but I didn't implement anything that would do a raise/lower set point. I see get/set heat/cool set points api's. However, because "Raise set point" doesn't specify the whether it's heat or cool it seems rather ambiguous.

3) All of the thermostats respond and status is updated in HS for HSP CSP, Current temp, and mode. However Fan status does not update in HS.
            Ok, I'll take a look at it.

4) when I use your Thermostat control screen from HS it has no effect, it allows me to select and change an option, (mode, fan mode, etc) however when I click save no physical changes happen.
            It was working at one time, I'll check it out and see if I broke something.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hi Bob,

yes bob you are correct as best as I can tell the "Next operating mode" function must force the cycle and status report. (see attached for the functions)

Also can you or someone give me a quick little script to how I would use the Thermostat API's and specifically how I could use the ones I am reffering to.

Also when can I find all of the API commands for the ISY thermostats?
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's a link to the API. The format isn't too good on my browser, but at least you get the idea.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=114698

The plug-in implements all of them, some are hard coded to return 'false' for features that are not supported by the Insteon thermostat.

I've been looking at the plug-in support for this and did find a problem. I think I have the thermostat status/control page working and this might solve some of the other problems.

Here's a bit of a script that I have to get data on the thermostat:
                Code:
                Sub Main(parm as object)
                Dim plugin As Object
                Dim num_therms as integer

plugin = hs.Plugin("ISY Insteon")

num_therms = plugin.NThermostats

hs.WriteLog("TEST", "Thermostat 1 has temp reading of " & plugin.GetTemp(1) & "degrees")

End Sub
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hi Bob,

First let me tell you that I clicked on the "update devices" in the ISY config screen. I didnt even know it existed, until about :30 minutes ago. I came across it in another thread. After doing that I restarted HS. As mentioned I then received drop down controls for the main mode of each thermostat. I also then played with the up and down (temperature) buttons next to the main device. Here is where it got funky, if I pushed the up button 1 time. the temp would keep increasing a degree every few seconds until I refreshed the page.. this happened on both the up and down buttons for all of my thermos.

okay so I have played around with a few different options.

I opened the ISY admin page on one side of my screen and I issued the HST mode changes "Fan mode" "next operating mode" on the other side so I could see if anything happens. with that said every time I issued a command on HST, I could see the ADMIN page receiving data and flashing the red refresh mark, however I didnt see any changes to the device itself. I then decided to check the ISY log on the ADMIN console side. WELL the first thing I noticed is how much traffic is being generated and the frequency from the "humidity" data, (which does not even work). I have attached the log file for your reference.
                  Attached Files

Comment

OKay so apparently the HUMIDITY issue is a known thing, just not by me!

anyway here is a thread about it and the fix for the venstar thermostats from universal-devices

http://forum.universal-devices.com/v...r=asc&start=30

still need to figure out what is happening to my commands and where they are going.

Comment

Hi Bob,

First let me tell you that I clicked on the "update devices" in the ISY config screen. I didnt even know it existed, until about :30 minutes ago. I came across it in another thread. After doing that I restarted HS. As mentioned I then received drop down controls for the main mode of each thermostat. I also then played with the up and down (temperature) buttons next to the main device. Here is where it got funky, if I pushed the up button 1 time. the temp would keep increasing a degree every few seconds until I refreshed the page.. this happened on both the up and down buttons for all of my thermos.
                      I fixed this problem once, but it looks like it is back again. It should have changed by 5 degrees, the plug-in re-tries commands up to 5 times and for some reason (I'm looking for it now) it thinks the command failed so it keeps re-trying.

I opened the ISY admin page on one side of my screen and I issued the HST mode changes "Fan mode" "next operating mode" on the other side so I could see if anything happens. with that said every time I issued a command on HST, I could see the ADMIN page receiving data and flashing the red refresh mark, however I didnt see any changes to the device itself. I then decided to check the ISY log on the ADMIN console side. WELL the first thing I noticed is how much traffic is being generated and the frequency from the "humidity" data, (which does not even work). I have attached the log file for your reference.
                      If you increase the plug-in's log level to at least Notice, you should see messages in the HomeSeer log for the commands sent to the ISY. Knowing what it sends when you do the HST changes would help.
                      --
                      Bob Paauwe
                      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Bob,

attached is a post from my log, and yes it seems to be due to the fact that the plugin keeps pushing the degree increment to the thermostat. Not sure if the acknowledge issue is directly related to the humidity thing..

see attached

NOW WHAT?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Version 1.0.2.26 released. Bunch of fixes for thermostats and some other minor improvements.
                          --
                          Bob Paauwe
                          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Version 1.0.2.27 uploaded. Fixes the thermostat status/control page so that it works properly with multiple thermostats.

mbrett,

Please give this version a try and let me know how it works with your configuration. I believe it should fix all the problems you reported.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hi Bob,

got a chance to install and mess with 2.27

I am confirming that you HAVE fixed the issue with the fan control and setpoint up and down issues from the web page. HOWEVER the mode set "heat, cool, program, auto, etc" still dont work. if I goto the status page and select a diffrent mode than what is currently selected it bounces right back to the original mode.

I have not had a chance to try these out from HST but I figured let me start here.

I will report back more later today.. off for a quick scuba dive with my son!!

Comment

Hi Bob,

got a chance to install and mess with 2.27

I am confirming that you HAVE fixed the issue with the fan control and setpoint up and down issues from the web page. HOWEVER the mode set "heat, cool, program, auto, etc" still dont work. if I goto the status page and select a diffrent mode than what is currently selected it bounces right back to the original mode.

I will report back more later today.. off for a quick scuba dive with my son!!
                                Thanks!

I found the problem with the thermostat mode control on the status page. I broke that about a month and half ago. Thanks for catching it!

Have fun diving!
                                --
                                Bob Paauwe
                                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                                X