Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aprilaire plug-in lack of humidity support?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aprilaire plug-in lack of humidity support?

I have been in Homeseer version 1.x world since i bought HS back in 2001. I finally decided to start re-building my system in 2.x now that i have some time on my hands. I was surprised not only that the Aprilaire plug-in does not seem to show support for the thermostat in 'humidity' mode, but I was also surprised that several requests for this feature do not seem to have been answered. So, I guess the question is- who do i need to discuss this with? Or, am I missing something?

I painstakingly took the time to write my own scripts and events for the Aprilaire system (temperature, humidity, remote sensors, etc) for my 1.x setup and I would happily offer this to someone at HS if this would help facilitate the request.

I also have a bit of a concern regarding the methodology of the current plug-in. It seems that the method of communication is polling every thermostat every X number of seconds versus reading the broadcasted changes from the thermostats. I have experience with another home automation system and a house with 19 aprilaire thermostats, and it is a quickly realized fact that Aprilaire stats do NOT like to be polled frequently. It is much much better to tell them to broadcast any changes (setpoint, room temp, etc) and for the automation system to process that data as it is recieved. I spent a great deal of time getting the timing just right on my old system because the Aprilaire stats are also VERY finicky about communication timing. Anyone who has this system and has seen the stats suddenly reboot or has seen the display go all green without LCD characters and the red light lit up has more than likely experienced aprilaire serial communication choking up the entire system. I have 5 thermostats total (two as humidistats) in my home and would love to get this working with HS 2.x. I guess if I dont get anywhere with this request I will bring my scripts over to 2.x and spend time re-creating the logic that way. Hopefully someone from HS can reply and tell me i dont need to do so!!
Working...
X